Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got my phone!!!!
    The thing is:
    1. I still can't send SMS..but I think it has to do with my SP and the Treo.
    2. The flash screen says AT&T Wireless. There's no AT&T Logo on the phone itself though. That's upsetting though cause the guy said it was unlocked, unbranded (I think he probably just unlocked it himself).
    3. There's no Firmware on it. What's up with that? Has anyone received their phoen with no FW update on it? I want to know whether I should do the FW update or leave it like that.
    4. And finally, the softwares says: Treo600-1.13-AWS.
    Anyone knows what that AWS stands for? And isn't the software suppose to be 1.12.
    Thanks yall!
    4. It means this phone has the AT&T Firmware. You can only display the firmware when you put your SIM card in.
    ATT phones have never been unlocked. If it was unlocked using the patched software updating the software (firmware) will relock the phone.

My guess is this has been 'hacked', not unlocked, which may cause you problems in the future.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you Ronbo...I put in my sim and indeed it has FW3.05 and software 1.13 AWS.
    I guess it's ok if I leave it with the AWS instead of INT, or ROW.
    Although I going have to get used to the AT&T logo when I turn on the Wireless.

"I'm so happy...oh so happy...lalalalaaaaa"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot
    ATT phones have never been unlocked. If it was unlocked using the patched software updating the software (firmware) will relock the phone.

My guess is this has been 'hacked', not unlocked, which may cause you problems in the future.
    Shoot!
    Are you serious?!
    What kind of problems?...see see...this is why I didn't want to get the diggon phone from ebay....but stupid a*s PalmOne doesn't sell it without a service plan which will not work for me.

What do I do now?
    But usually when the new FW's come out there's usually a unlocking patch too right?
    I mean I upgraded my belated phone to FW3.05 and it locked and so I used the unlock patch...and the old phone wasn't from any of the US service providers (that I know of). It didn't have a US service provider logo or flash screen.
    What do you have as flash screen, just the Treo flash?
    Oh, by the way, please try not to double post.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo2000
    What do you have as flash screen, just the Treo flash?
    It says AT&T Wireless when I turn on the phone.

Oh, by the way, please try not to double post.
    Yeah...my bad...I was just letting ben know that I finally got my phone.
    But then realized that the questions should have been in a diff thread.
    I'll go and edit it
    Thanks
    AWS = ATT WireLess

Have you tried to flash the phone with T-Mo updater? Or have tried to unlock the phone a different way?
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Jojo_78,

The letters on the software are carrier dependent. Don't really what they mean. Below is the updater page info from Pa1mOne.

=========================================================
    Solution ID: 2696

Installing the Treo 600 Updater if you purchased your Treo 600 from one carrier, then switched to a different carrier

This article applies if you originally purchased your Treo 600 smartphone from one wireless service provider, but then switched to a different one, which you're now using. Or, if you're not sure where your Treo 600 came from, we can help you below.

The Treo 600 Updater (info) comes in several versions, depending on your wireless service provider. Usually, we recommend that you install the version that corresponds with your wireless service provider.

However, if you started out with one provider, and then switched to a different one, please use the Treo 600 Updater version for your original provider (not your current one).

What does your Phone Info say?
    The Phone Info screen can tell you which mobile service provider your phone originally used, and thus which version of the Treo 600 Updater you should install.

Check your Phone Info:

Press Phone .

Check that your radio (phone) is active. If “Wireless Mode Off” is displayed, turn on the radio by pressing the radio power button (on the top of your Treo 600, next to the antenna).

Press Menu .

From the Options menu, select Phone Info.

On the Phone Info screen, look for the Software item. This will tell you which version of the Treo 600 Updater you need to download. Note: The "x.xx" in the Software Version stand for any numbers.
    Software Version Original Wireless Service Provider Treo 600 Updater version to use
    Treo600-x.xx-AWS AT&T Wireless AT&T Wireless version
    Treo600-x.xx-CNG Cingular Wireless Cingular Wireless version
    Treo600-x.xx-SPR Sprint PCS Sprint PCS version
    Treo600-x.xx-INT T-Mobile Wireless T-Mobile Wireless version
    (Windows)
    (Mac)
    Treo600-x.xx-OUK Orange (United Kingdom) Orange UK version
    Treo600-x.xx-OFR Orange (France) Orange France version
    Treo600-x.xx-OCH Orange (Switzerland) Orange Switzerland version
    Treo600-x.xx-ROW Other Service Providers "Other" (International) version

What if I install the wrong version?
    Don't worry, you won't damage your Treo 600 by attempting to install the wrong version. You simply will not be able to proceed with the update, and you will receive the error message This update is not compatible with this device. If this happens to you, follow the steps below to properly back out of the incorrect installation, and start the correct one.

When you see the error "This update is not compatible with this device," select OK immediately. This should keep your personal data intact, and delete only the incorrect installer version.

On your desktop computer, go to the Treo 600 Updater window and click the Cancel button at the bottom of the installer.

If asked to confirm the cancellation, click OK.

Close the installer by hitting Cancel.

Go to the Treo 600 Updater page and download the version for the provider from whom you originally obtained your Treo 600.

Make sure your data is being backed up: Some third-party applications change the way your handheld backs up data. Other third-party applications do not back up data. If you have third-party software on your device, please contact the developer to learn what components are backed up during a HotSync operation, and if any HotSync conduits are altered. Make sure the HotSync conduit action is set to "synchronize the files" for the components you want to back up, and that the data is actually being backed up. Any data not backed up will be lost.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Have you tried to flash the phone with T-Mo updater? Or have tried to unlock the phone a different way?
    It's not locked...I live in the Caribbean and my sim card works perfectly.
    It's just that my old phone had INTL software or ROW after I updated the FW...so I wasn't familiar with the AWS.

Plus now I'm a bit worried cause someone says I will have problems in the future...
  11.    #11  
    Thanks Ronbo...I guess i need to update it to other carrier.
    But what if this locks my phone?
    Well I can always just use th patch...but since it works...do you think I should just leave it or is it in my best interest to change it to Treo600-x.xx-ROW Other Service Providers "Other" (International) version.

You know...interestingly enough, my old phone had INT before I did the Other Service Update from PalmOne's website. And it locked up when I did it...I guess I didn't have an Unlocked (originally) after all....

What do you think i should do?
    jump over to Mytreo, there is a great unlock thing going over there that Chris, the admin, developed. Its not for d/l, someone will have to PM you with it

how did you get a replacement? bought? serviced? I thought that you left it on the road?

as for SMS functions, you may want to pop your SIM into your backup phone or maybe your bf's phone. What you want to find is the SERVICE CENTER NUMBER. Once you get that, you can fill it in SMS->Menu->Preferences->SIM tab, and you will see service center number. Your provider may be able to give it to you also, but they would have to know more than the average employee of a company in the US...ours are generally pathetic
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    If the firmware says 3.05 now, then the unlock patch/technique was used on the phone, since the AT&T Firmware upgrade was FW3.06 and not 3.05.

Check out the threads on changing your buttons and welcome/goodbye screens so you can get rid of AT&T

Like this one:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=49685

Good luck!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  14.    #14  
    Thanks 100thMonkey...But the phone is not locked...it accepts my sim no problem.
    I had to purchase another one...We don't have replacement services here...shoot we hardly got ANY service

About the SMS Issue:
    The sim has the Service Center Number stored already so once I switch phones I have nothing to configure. When I go to that section, it's already there.
    I'm not sure why it's doing it...but i know it has something to do with the Treo and my service provider b/c when I put in a diff sim (from another local provider) the SMS works!
    I guess that's the provider who Alli was roaming with while she was on the island.
    OH Sufferers!!!
    Last edited by JoJo_78; 08/10/2004 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Thanks Ronbo...I guess i need to update it to other carrier.
    But what if this locks my phone?
    Well I can always just use th patch...but since it works...do you think I should just leave it or is it in my best interest to change it to Treo600-x.xx-ROW Other Service Providers "Other" (International) version.

You know...interestingly enough, my old phone had INT before I did the Other Service Update from PalmOne's website. And it locked up when I did it...I guess I didn't have an Unlocked (originally) after all....

What do you think i should do?
    If it is already at 1.12 and FW is 3.05 at least then you do not need to update as the document from Pa1mOne says. However, if you do want to, just prepare yourself with the necessary aptitude. The update process could go south if instructions are not followed correctly. What was your last update on your dearly departed phone: ROW?

Good Luck.
    Hey JoJo,

Congrats on getting a replacement and hope you get all of your issues worked out!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo2000
    If it is already at 1.12 and FW is 3.05 at least then you do not need to update as the document from Pa1mOne says. However, if you do want to, just prepare yourself with the necessary aptitude. The update process could go south if instructions are not followed correctly. What was your last update on your dearly departed phone: ROW?
    It has Software 1.13 and FW3.05

Yeah..the other had ROW...but that was after i did the update...previously it had INT.

Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Congrats on getting a replacement and hope you get all of your issues worked out!
    Thanks JB!
  18.    #18  
    Hey Thanks alot Scotty! I downloaded the prc from J.C. and they worked.
    The AT&T flash screen is gone...J.C. even give you the link to PRCedit so I'll try and do my own too...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    It has Software 1.13 and FW3.05
    Yeah..the other had ROW...but that was after i did the update...previously it had INT.
    Ok, then, backup and update. Looks like you had necessary experience. What are you waiting for?

I forgot, when you updated to ROW, did your SMS worked after?
  20.    #20  
    Yeahhh...I've done it before...but I was just wondering whether I could just leave it as it is...with AWS without suffering any consequenses in the long run...

No...it didn't (the SMS I mean).
    I never got it to work.
    I can only receive SMS...can't send.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast