1.    #1  
    I have my VZ Treo sync'd to my main PC computer. No problems.

I deleted the old software from my 7135 from my laptop. I installed the Treo software and then hotsyncd to the laptop. The laptop deleted my entire datebook4/calendar entries. I had to do a hard reset and hotsync to my main computer to get it back.

What did I do wrong?

How can I keep data on both the PC an laptop and not have it delete it again?

Thanks for trying to help!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    when you said you deleted the software, did you uninstall Palm desktop, or did you delete your user info within Palm Desktop? I would suggest un-installing Palm desktop and then re-installing it. Then tell the Hotsync manager to Handheld overwrites Desktop. Should be fine! I know there's got to be a simpler way, but i don't know where the Palm info is stored on a WinBloze machine.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for trying to help. I deleted the Palm desktop, not the user info.

Should I try to delete the user info also?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    Thanks for trying to help. I deleted the Palm desktop, not the user info.

Should I try to delete the user info also?
    Definitely, it's more important to delete the user info than the Palm desktop. otherwise it will automatically pick up the existing user info and try to sync it. Acutally, if the username is the same, just go into the Hotsync prefs and tell it to "Handheld overwrites Desktop", that should work! Best thing is, you've always got your info stored on that other machine.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste