Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello Treo Fans,
    I'm assembling a group of Treo 600 smartphone users who would be willing to offer testimonials for future palmOne marketing activities. These testimonials could include quotes, photographs, or even video appearances. To participate, you must live or work in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you love your Treo 600 and want to tell others how great it is, please email cooper.marcus@palmone.com or call me at 408-503-3201 as soon as possible.

Cheers, Cooper
    Cooper Marcus
    Ecommerce Marketing, palmOne, Inc.
    cooper.marcus@palmOne.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperpalmone
    If you love your Treo 600 and want to tell others how great it is
    Can we instead tell you how much we love our Treo 600, but how frustrated we are that the damn things just won't work right? I'm now on my 8th Treo and it still doesn't work!
    What's really interesting is the first post is asking for testimonials to push the TREO 600 anew.

=====

Editted to note that the testimonials could be used to sell TREOs as opposed to TREO 600s (no, I don't believe it but it IS possible).

If so, those giving the testimonials should be sure they get a free upgrade to the Next Best Thing!
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 08/10/2004 at 05:29 PM. Reason: add some more words
    I would be more than happen to do it except that I am not in the bay area
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Will people be able to tell the truth about the Treo 600 or is this only an invitation extended to people who are completely happy with the device?

I have a feeling it is the latter...
    You don't want me...3rd replacement
    I wished I lived in SF....I love my Treo and use it daily in my medical practice. Would be happy to speak on its behalf.....its not perfect....but it IS the best out there!
    Still happy with my 1st t600. No need for replacement . East coast though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    What's really interesting is the first post is asking for testimonials to push the TREO 600 anew.

=====

Editted to note that the testimonials could be used to sell TREOs as opposed to TREO 600s (no, I don't believe it but it IS possible).

If so, those giving the testimonials should be sure they get a free upgrade to the Next Best Thing!
    Very quick, Seldom...very quick indeed. Would you post a testimony anyway?
    Cooper, I hope you don't mind, but I posted your message as an article on the front: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/418-1.htm

Maybe you will be able to attract some less disgruntled Treo users this way. Good luck with your efforts, and thanks for using treocentral.com

-Michael Ducker
    Senior Editor, TreoCentral.com
    michael@treocentral.com.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Very quick, Seldom...very quick indeed. Would you post a testimony anyway?
    It literally is my business to notice and attempt to analyze things, especially using indirect information such as the first post - tenkuveddymuch.

W.r.t. posting a testimonial - ain't no way.

But if PalmOne wants to give me a free TREO "Ace" (*) and unlimited lifetime data and voice with the carrier of my choice, I would be happy to give THEM a guaranteed-totally-honest testimonial (regardless whether that use would change my opinion on the general utility of the device)!

====

(*) I do not believe in the current nor nearterm existence of the TREO "Ace" - simply using it for a conversation point!
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    Cooper, I hope you don't mind, but I posted your message as an article on the front: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/418-1.htm

Maybe you will be able to attract some less disgruntled Treo users this way. Good luck with your efforts, and thanks for using treocentral.com
    You'd be disgruntled if you were on your 9th T600 that hasn't worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    Showing that PalmOne values TreoCentral users' opinions, today, Cooper Marcus, Ecommerce Marketing for palmOne, put out a request for Treo users who would be willing to give testimonials to PalmOne.
    If they truely valued our opinions they'd do something about all of the problems that a good majority of users are having.
    coryburton uses the phrase '..problems that a good majority of users are having'. I too have had problems with my Treos, as have others. How do we get accurate data? Forums are typically where true afficionados and/or those with technical problems visit and chat. What about the 'silent majority'? I'm not trying to defend palmOne, but it would be nice to shed a bit more light on the problem/failure rates. I for one am still amazed by the amount of technology crammed into the T600, and just as with every complicated high-tech device (e.g. computers), there are bound to be unanticipated failure modes which will only be uncovered by the end user. If you are unhappy with a certain device, vote with your feet and wallet.
  15.    #15  
    A big thanks to everyone who replied to my posting - I've got a great list of Treo fans, from a wide range of industries, that will be very useful to us in our future marketing activities. If you've gotten in touch with me, and I haven't replied, don't worry - I'll get to you soon! I've also learned about a few cool Treo programs that I didnt' know about - thanks everyone for sharing!

Cheers, Cooper
    Cooper Marcus
    Ecommerce Marketing, palmOne, Inc.
    cooper.marcus@palmOne.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperpalmone
    A big thanks to everyone who replied to my posting - I've got a great list of Treo fans, from a wide range of industries, that will be very useful to us in our future marketing activities. If you've gotten in touch with me, and I haven't replied, don't worry - I'll get to you soon! I've also learned about a few cool Treo programs that I didnt' know about - thanks everyone for sharing!

Cheers, Cooper
    You see... this is exactly what I mean. PalmOne doesn't give a crap about the people that already bought one of these pieces of junk. They just want to sell more junk to people that don't already have one. You would think that it would be smatter and better advertising for them to (seriously) take care of my problem rather than just ignoring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    You see... this is exactly what I mean. PalmOne doesn't give a crap about the people that already bought one of these pieces of junk. They just want to sell more junk to people that don't already have one. You would think that it would be smatter and better advertising for them to (seriously) take care of my problem rather than just ignoring it.
    I don't mean to belittle your plight but after 9, what are the odds PalmOne could ever get you one that is acceptable?
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I don't mean to belittle your plight but after 9, what are the odds PalmOne could ever get you one that is acceptable?
    Probably not very good. But you'd think that (since it's a phone) you could atleast get one that doesn't have an echo, the microphone doesn't stop functioning (period), the speaker doesn't stop working... shall I continue?
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    Probably not very good. But you'd think that (since it's a phone) you could atleast get one that doesn't have an echo, the microphone doesn't stop functioning (period), the speaker doesn't stop working... shall I continue?
    Im an early adopter since Nov '03. Original phone that though not 100% perfect in everyway its a pretty darn cool piece of technology. Think back to the 90's and the thought of such convergence was mind-boggling. Reminds me of the old George Carlin gag about people complaining about airline food while they hurtle miraculously thru the air at 500mph+...

P.S. Im in Sonoma, CA. Not sure if this qualifies as the Bay Area.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Im an early adopter since Nov '03. Original phone that though not 100% perfect in everyway its a pretty darn cool piece of technology. Think back to the 90's and the thought of such convergence was mind-boggling. Reminds me of the old George Carlin gag about people complaining about airline food while they hurtle miraculously thru the air at 500mph+...
    You're right, I shouldn't say a single thing about not being able to have a phone conversation on this $500 phone. I should just shut up and deal with it, right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast