1. dgh
    Is there any software out there that would let me control my PC using the keyboard on my Treo?

Here's what I want to do - I'm putting a PC in my car, to use as an MP3 player and GPS navigation system, and in a pinch, use for email and web browsing through PDANet. I'll have a small LCD monitor mounted in the car. What I need is input. Since I always have my Treo with me in the car, it would be cool if I could use the Treo keyboard to input text into the PC, and use the touch screen on the Treo as a mouse for the PC.

I know there is software to control the Treo with a PC, or to VNC to a PC through the internet. I want to control the PC with the Treo via USB.

Any ideas?
    Is it possible to run other apps while using PDANet? I'm wondering if it might be possible to use PalmVNC and just point right back to the IP addy you pick up from PDANet. It would probably be painfully slow, but it might work. Especially if you could disable the video refreshing entirely, and just transmit the keyboard and mouse inputs.

Of course, if we ever get a SD Wi-Fi card for the Treo, you could do it wirelessly pretty easily. Or if you had another Treo, you could VNC that way.

Let me know what you find. I imagine this would be a really easy thing to program, if you knew what you were doing.

Nareau
    A little more research, and I found this:
    http://www.softick.com/ppp/
    I think it will let you establish a TCP/IP connection to your computer via the USB cable.

Looks like you could use that with PalmVNC and do exactly what you want.

Nareau
    This is an old thread, but I have the same situation. I want to control a car PC (mouse and keyboard) with my Treo through my sync cable.
    PalmVNC and Winhand are sophisticated remote programs. Are there any programs to do it easily while directly connected?? Thanks.