Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cwproctor
    I have used both the Boxwave ClearTouch and the protectors sold at the TreoCentral Store.
    How much "gutter" of exposed screen is left around the edges of the TC protector? BoxWave?
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal
    How much "gutter" of exposed screen is left around the edges of the TC protector? BoxWave?
    Dear Ethereal,

If centered correctly, our ClearTouch Screen Protectors leave about a 1mm gap around the edges of the screen. This makes it easier for removal when the time comes!

Please feel free to PM us with additional questions or concerns!

Cheers!

Sung
    Last edited by BoxWave; 01/31/2005 at 03:41 PM.
    I've been using protectors from Strong Engineering. In the past year since I got my Treo I've only used one. They come in a package of 12

http://strongengineering.com/bstrong.htm
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    After reading this thread, I thought I would go for the TC protectors so I would be all ready when I can finally get a 650 in the UK.

The price was good, as already mentioned. But the shipping was $36.95!!!

How heavy are these things for crissake?
    Another advantage of the BoxWave ClearTouch is that it cuts down dramatically on face smudges. I don't know how the Crystal ones do in this regard.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    After reading this thread, I thought I would go for the TC protectors so I would be all ready when I can finally get a 650 in the UK.

The price was good, as already mentioned. But the shipping was $36.95!!!

How heavy are these things for crissake?
    Biggles,

I couldn't help but to be taken aback by the $36.95 in shipping costs! That is a steep price to ship screen protectors to the UK, or any place for that matter.

In case you need an alternate solution for shipping in the future, BoxWave offers substancially less and affordable shipping costs for any one of our products. It costs our customers any where from $3 to $6 (depending on whether it's a single or 3-Pack), to ship ClearTouch to the UK.

If you have any questions about our ClearTouch (Anti-Glare or Crystal), please feel free to send me a PM and I would love to tell you more about them!

Cheers,

Cho
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Another advantage of the BoxWave ClearTouch is that it cuts down dramatically on face smudges. I don't know how the Crystal ones do in this regard.
    vflopez,

The Anti-Glare definitely gets rid of the dreaded face smudges along with fingerprints on your screen!

The Crystal is designed specifically for its glass-like clarity so although it provides more protection against face smudges and fingerprints than a bare screen, the Anti-Glare provides optimal protection!

Cheers,

Cho
    I tried the BoxWaves but the edges never stuck properly. (Curling up at the edges)

My Brando UltraClear works great though. Easy installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I've been using protectors from Strong Engineering. In the past year since I got my Treo I've only used one. They come in a package of 12

Clairegrrl,

Any issues with bubbles?

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Clairegrrl,

Any issues with bubbles?

Tks
    No. Just make sure the screen is clean and it goes on very easily. there is a little tab in the corner to remove it, but as I said, it has been on 13 months.

Maybe I'm not as sophisticated a user as some others, but the cost of some of these protectors is outrageous. I dont use a case, but keep my Treo in my pocket or in my backpack.

Gook Luck...
    Tks for the info Clairgrrl,
    I've had my G2 on for 10 months. (You win with 13 months) Begin to loose some sensitivity once in a while-then I take it off and wash it. So far so good.
    I like the G2 because I couldn't deal with the bubbles on the other styles.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover

keeping it local, as in Lyons
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    keeping it local, as in Lyons
    Lyons is 12 miles from Boulder
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I couldn't help but to be taken aback by the $36.95 in shipping costs! That is a steep price to ship screen protectors to the UK, or any place for that matter.

In case you need an alternate solution for shipping in the future, BoxWave offers substancially less and affordable shipping costs for any one of our products. It costs our customers any where from $3 to $6 (depending on whether it's a single or 3-Pack), to ship ClearTouch to the UK.
    TC's excuse was they they 'only send by UPS'. Well, so do Boxwave, so I've ordered from them!

Biggles
    My wife and I really like our TC protectors. Picture looks great and no more finger and face smudges. Easy to put on using scotch tape. I first cleaned the screen and carefully applied the protector. If I noticed any dust/lint/cat hair under the protector, I used one piece of scotch tape to pull a portion of it back and used a second piece of tape to remove the debris.
    Lyons is 12 miles from Boulder
    well I knew it was close. My sister just moved from Boulder to Nederland
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    well I knew it was close. My sister just moved from Boulder to Nederland
    17 miles
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    clairegrrl are the strong one washable?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    clairegrrl are the strong one washable?
    I've never taken mine off. They come in a pack of 12 so you should have plenty to mess with.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12