Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ! have recordings that help me study. i listen to them every time i get a chance, I have a 256mb card, if and when i get a 512mb card i will put music.
    I play .mp3 files off my Treo while I teach Spinning classes! Works great, I create the play list for my ride profile and then when I get to the spin studio @ the gym, I use an adapter to pipe the output into the stereo mixer. Sounds great - no skips - no need to mess with burning CD's!
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    we use the mp3 for ringtones. check it out www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html
    I think everyone knows that by now.

This is nothing more than a shameless plug.
    I listen to MP3s a good amount of time, but more often i find myself listening to shoutcast stations with pTunes. It's an awsome feature.

Timmay
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I have a kyocera 6035, not a treo, but am seriously considering getting a treo now that i have read these testimonies about how they play mp3's. One question though, is the music stereo or mono? I'm guessing the hardware would limit you to mono but that's just a guess. Someone on this thread mentioned a special headset or earphones.. does that make it stereo? Oh, one more question: If you play the music through the speakerphone instead of headset how is the sound quality? Thanks.
    I load up a few live sets onto my 512Mb SD card (about 7 hours of music) and can go through all of them without having my battery drop below 30%.

I also listen to the tunes with B&O A8's and it makes a world of difference in sound quality.
    Myles -

I have some relatively generic Seidio 2in1 headphones (earbuds, really), and I get really nice stereo sound - not mono. I have a few CDs where the stereo function is clear btw the right and left, and I can hear the sound going back and forth.

And the speaker quality - well, it's not bad. I can easily listen to some tunes while I brush the teefus, or make a sandwich or whatever. Not as good as earbuds, certainly, but it's ok. My 17 yr old thinks it sounds pretty good, which as good a benchmark test as any.
    Nrosser. That was just the info I'm looking for. Thanks. I've pretty much decided to get a treo. I have heard there are going to be new treo's available in the fall that may have bluetooth. If so, and I can get a bluetooth stereo heaset for it, I will take the plunge. It will be good for my train commute. I'm an IT contractor so hopefully I can deduct the whole thing.
    Wow, now that's a big card! I'm wondering how much that and the time machine set you back

Quote Originally Posted by amell
    I have dozens of songs and multiple playlists on a 512 GB card
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I listen to shoutcast streams all day, every day, at work.
    Obscura
    What app do you use to listen to shoutcast streams?
    To listen to streaming shoutcast you need Pocket Tunes Deluxe. best money spent on the Treo so far...
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85
    What app do you use to listen to shoutcast streams?
    Just in case you need the link... Pocket Tunes is by far my favorite application.
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    the most amazing thing about 600 is how well it plays music. The build in speak is also surprisingly good. I must say that I moved from a Palm V to Treo, so I da
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I forgot to add the with some Sony battery powered speakers you can have tunes blasting away while catching rays at the top of Blackcomb glacier.

Well... back in late June anyway. =)
    I have a 1 gig card full of songs and listen at work while work away from computer. I use it to create a small sound zone around me that I control. I can concentrate far better when hearing song instead of conversations. This ability to concentrate better this way may have been develop in a dorm room.
    I carry my ipod most of the time. I have and do occationally use the treo for mp3's and audible, but for the most part the ipod is more convienent. Every morning, I fire up audible, and my newsreader and grab the days Wall Street Journal, and some radio shows from the previous day. They download in itunes, and the ipod syncs them. I start the downloads, and go do other things to get ready for work. I grab the ipod on the way out the door, plug it in the car and start playing the morning's WSJ read back at +20% speed.
    <p></p>"I listen to MP3's and watch Simspons episodes. No battery problem."
    ok, where do you get simpson episodes and how do you play them?
    Quote Originally Posted by VacantLot
    <p></p>"I listen to MP3's and watch Simspons episodes. No battery problem."
    ok, where do you get simpson episodes and how do you play them?
    yeah, where do you get Simpson's episodes!
    i guess i'm just not "into" music so much that I HAVE to have tunes playing 24/7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast