1.    #1  
    Is there a way to change the first bookmark (mine is "Handspring Mobile Portal") to something else? All other bookmarks slots have the 'delete' button but the first slot doesn't. I'm running Blazer 3.0.
    Hmmm, I know this doesn't help much but mine has the delete button ... Have you tried just editing the bookmark url and description rather than getting rid of it all together?
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
  3.    #3  
    I can't seem to do anything to that first entry. No delete, no editing function. Strange. Are you running V3.0 of Blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by silky_green
    I can't seem to do anything to that first entry. No delete, no editing function. Strange. Are you running V3.0 of Blazer?
    Sure am. But what I do have is palmOne Mobile Portal. I just moved it to another page (click and drag) and freed up that first slot.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    silky_green, in the edit bookmarks page use the stylus to drag and drop bookmarks. You can move them around on the same page or by dragging down to the overview at the bottom you can move them between pages.
    Animo et Fide
    Warning do this at your own risk.

Backup your phone
    -=-=- NOW -=-=-

Remember there’s not patch for stupidity
    Each book mark has a flag that stats weather or not it can be deleted. You can use a program called RsrcEdit to open the bookmarks up in hex mode. And change the flag. Download the program from somewhere, install and open it.

The first screen (bookmark1.jbp) will list all the files on the device, scroll down until you can see Bookmarks, highlight it and click Open.

The second screen (bookmark2.jbp) will display all the books marks in the database by there index and size, the book mark you are chasing should be the first one (index 0). Highlight it and click open

The third screen (bookmark3.jbp) should display the bookmarks hex code on the left and readable text on the right, the top line should be 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 for index 0. the first two digits are the index number. The third set of numbers is the flag to stop you deleting the bookmark. To edit this, click the Ascii button.

The forth screen (bookmark4.jbp) allows you to edit the hex with the keyboard change the 02 to 00 on the first line then keep click OK, click Done on the third screen, then close the program and your done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Welcome to Palmone, tomorrows bugs today!!!
  7.    #7  
    Wow the_wal, that's intense. Not sure if all that work is worth being able to edit that darn bookmark. Thanks tho. I'm gonna keep it in my back pocket and if I get annoyed, I'm gonna take the plunge and follow ur instructions. Thank you. Not only for the step by step directions but confirming that I wasn't crazy that the first bookmark entry wasn't editable.
    No worries mate, good luck
    Welcome to Palmone, tomorrows bugs today!!!
    Thanks to The_Wal for the info.

I moved my old HandSpring.com bookmark which could not be deleted to the first location & used an old Palm Pilot app called "Insider" to change the "20" hex to "00" hex and it worked. I was then able to delete the old bookmark.

Thanks Again, FastFrank
    FastFrank