1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get a 'copy' of your sim card? I use my Treo 80% of the time but when i am going to be somewhere where I don't want to expose the Treo to any potential danger (biking, softball, etc) I switch back to my SE t68i. It would be great to have 2 sim cards so I don't have to switch them.

Thanks
    Jason Bourne did it in seconds in the Bourne Supremacy
  3.    #3  
    Didn't see it.
    Better yet, he even did it from a Treo 270
    You'll have to check with your carrier but technically it's illegal. Because this was done back in the late 80's and 90's and is called "cloning" a phone.

In other words you'd have the ability to use two phones for the price of one at the same time and Big Brother would not want that to happen nor your carrier.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    it's technically illegal but is it technically feasible? i didn't think you could do that. i thought what jason bourne did was just fiction but i guess i was wrong. would be pretty cool to have that feature... someone must have a schematic for building one of these sim duplicating devices on the web...
    It's feasible to copy the card. I had one copied / transferred the data from one card to another because of a potential bad card. AT&T did it for me way back. I don't know where you could find a schematic to do so and wouldn't post it if I did.

When dealing with a sim card or any other "memory" type card....it has to be feasible even if it's encrypted....there has to be a code to the encryption so it depends upon how secure they would be with that encryption. If it's data - it has too be able to be copied....it is just electricity lined up in certain patterns.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    SIM cards are all about encryption and data security. Each has a unique identifier number in the same way that your phone radio does. The number is often printed on the SIm card. Your IMSI or phone number can only be associated with one SIM card. No carrier to may knowledge will allow the same phone number to be associated with more than one SIM. You could buy two SIMs with two separate numbers and permanently forward one to the other. This amounts to the same thing for voice calls. The forwarding setting is in the network and not on the SIM.
    i already have a reader and a copier an an empty sim that could copy
    i already cloned mine .. funny thing is its legal in my country
    and ppl are selling the reader/copier like crapcakes ..
    wow where do you live?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    there seem to be a lot on ebay (of course). weather these will do a full clone i'm not sure, you'd have to investigate that.

http://phones.listings.ebay.co.uk/Si...istingItemList
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    i already have a reader and a copier an an empty sim that could copy
    i already cloned mine .. funny thing is its legal in my country
    and ppl are selling the reader/copier like crapcakes ..
    what country ru in? do u have the two sim cards in two separate phones and both phones ring when u dial ur number? dats pretty cool. any idea where we can get our hands on ur duplicator?
    seems like most are copiers but not true cloning devices.

(nice avatar, nice car)