1.    #1  
    I just got my new phone and I'm wondering if there is any thing (software, etc...) for the quality of the taking pictures. When you take a picture it looks very dark and the quality is bad. I know this has been asked before but what is the solution for this?

Let me know where I need to go to download to get something to improve the picture quality.

Thanks guys

Gurunuru
    try pickem is not the best but it works.
    Hi Gurunuru,

Kevin from palmOne here. Id like to point you to our Support Knowledge Library for some tips on how to take the best photos possible on your Treo.

Go to http://kb.palmone.com/

And type in the solution ID

Solution ID: 29222
    Tips: Getting the best pictures from your device's built-in camera

Hope you find these helpful.

Best wishes,
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out whats new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    From that PalmOne site:

Remember that the camera in your palmOne device was designed to be a quick, easy-to-use snapshot-taker. While it's a great little camera for most purposes, it's not the same as a professional-grade 6-megapixel digital SLR. The pictures taken with the camera in your palmOne device are more like those taken with an instamatic camera: consumer-level quality in a small, accessible format.

Sorry guys, but even with Pickem or other solutions, it's not a great little camera comparable to consumer instamatic options - any Kodak/Fuji etc. fixed focus, no flash, disposable camera will run circles around the Treo 600, even outdoors in bright sunlight.

Don't get me wrong, it is great to have in those situations where you're caught with the "if only I had a camera" moments, but don't try to make people think it's anything more than that.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    where do you find qset and pickem? I tried palmgear and handango without results. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    where do you find qset and pickem? I tried palmgear and handango without results. Thanks!
    I'm not sure where they are, but do a search here and you may find links for them.
    I tried that but found no links on the search
    Here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks for your help!

Ron
    Check out this guys. Nice pics ARE possible. http://www.wireless-doc.com/treophototips.htm

Quote Originally Posted by gurunuru
    I just got my new phone and I'm wondering if there is any thing (software, etc...) for the quality of the taking pictures. When you take a picture it looks very dark and the quality is bad. I know this has been asked before but what is the solution for this?

Let me know where I need to go to download to get something to improve the picture quality.

Thanks guys

Gurunuru
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Here are some pictures I've taken in the last year or so:

http://www.streetmattress.com/sm.php?streetmasta=78

Three of the nine photos on that page were taken with an expensive digital SLR camera. The other six were taken with the Treo 600 VGA camera! I'll let you try to sort'em out.

Some of my photographer friends were shocked when they guessed wrong on a few.

The best tip I can give is to get a memory card and take a LOT of pictures. Photograph everything from different angles because this little camera does some incredible things with lighting and color.

Also rest your phone on something steady when possible. Just as a tripod helps a real camera a steady foundation helps bring sharpness to your treo-cam.

You've got it with you all the time! Take it out and shoot!
    Obscura
    Mine is especially bad when I take pictures inside. It is very noise. Blue noises everywhere !!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I get the blue noise too in low light. One day I noticed it takes about a second for the noise to appear. (My theory is that the sensor heats up or something)

If I see the blue noise I'll compose and then hold still and switch the camera off. Wait a few seconds, switch the camera on and shoot before the blue noise materializes.

Sometimes this works. Sometimes not.

Better solution is to turn on more lights and or move to a location with more light. Another trick is to carry a small LED flashlight.

My expensive cameras also have a lot more noise in low light.
    Obscura