Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Just ordered my treo from Verizon and it is set to arrive on Tuesday!
    I am switching from a T3. I was searching for info on how to switch my PIM info to the treo. I have tried a search here and on Palmone site. No luck so any help would be appreciated.
    Also was wondering is the reception for the phone the same, better or worse than my old cell phone?
    Thanks in advance!
    In anwer to your second question, my Treo 600 has better reception than any other cell phone I have owned.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    To put your PIM info, install the Treo software on you PC and Hot Sync your new Treo.

As for reception, my Treo 600 GSM gets the same reception as my old Nokia.
    Has your treo arrived and are you glad you switched from the T3?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Haven't regretted the switch!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    To put your PIM info, install the Treo software on you PC and Hot Sync your new Treo.

As for reception, my Treo 600 GSM gets the same reception as my old Nokia.
    I don't think I would recommend hotsyncing right away. There are alot of apps that use high res graphics (especually games) that run great on the T3 but will not run on the Treo. Also there are other stuff that is T3 specific that would get on your Treo that you wouldn't want there like the AppSlip functionality. What else do you have installed other than your PIM apps?

When I moved alot of stuff from my T3 to my Treo, I beamed most if it. And beaming PIM info is easy.

Are you keeping your T3? Are you gonna use the same hotsync id? Hotsync on the same computer?
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Are you gonna use the same hotsync id? Hotsync on the same computer?

Don't even think about doing that.....tried it already. What I have done is setup the Treo on my Desktop and the T3 on the laptop and sync the Outlook files back and forth without incident but keep the two Palm folders seperate and never the two shall meet.

You start syncing two different devices with the same user name on the same PC and you are in for trouble.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.