Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have my new Treo 600/Verizon now. I bought AOL 3.2.1 for Treo600 2 weeks ago. It worked fine until yesterday and now today also it will not retrieve my e-mail. I can send e-mail fine. After clicking the mailbox Icon I get the hourglass but rather than the numbers rolling up it stays at "0" and after a minute it says "error, all mail not retrieved, time out". Any similar problems for others out there?
    Dave (sailwest@aol.com)
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem..I'll bet it's an aol server issue...I'll probably call them today to find out..This has happened before with them..It was a few days before it got fixed..you know aol..lol
    Last edited by owenbg; 08/08/2004 at 07:44 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    You are not alone. I've used AOL Palm for quite some time now and since yesterday I have not been able to retrieve my mail. The hour glass comes up...just like yours...and never retrieves the mail. My carrier is Sprint and I've never had a problem like this before. I hope not go back to checking my AOL mail through the Sprint browser. Can anyone HELP?
    same with me i can use my buddy list and folders but cant retrieve my mail
    same here, glad to know it's not my treo
    Same thing here. When I have had problems before, they would tell me that their software wasn't compatible with the Treo 600 (although it was) and refuse to do anything more. Let's see if I get the same now.

I also noticed that AOL mail alerts are working only sporadically. So, something is up there.
    Two days of this problem for me, also. I spoke to AOL's handheld division (886-265-4732) and they are aware of the problem. They asked that I report it to pdasoftwarehelp@aol.com.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    OK good to read this thread because I just got my Treo on Friday, bought the AOL software on Saturday, and it never worked. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.
    This problem has happened before. Whenever they upgrade some servers, etc. AOL access via your cell phone or PDA would not work. Has anyone that sent message to pdasoftwarehelp gotten any response yet?
    I sent a message early yesterday and have gotten no response yet.
    Nope no response here either. Not even some generic automated one.
    Up and running now.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    In the interim, is it possible to check AOL mail using the built in Mail app? (GSM)
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg
    In the interim, is it possible to check AOL mail using the built in Mail app? (GSM)
    Nope, I could not get that to work with AOL.
    mine started to work again this evening
  16.    #16  
  17.    #17  
    Yes it was an AOL server problem and it is now working, yeah!
    It is working now for me, too.
    I have the slightly older version not designed for the Treo and they refuse to upgrade me...does the Treo version work well with the center pad?

Thanks,
    Erik
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    I have the slightly older version not designed for the Treo and they refuse to upgrade me...does the Treo version work well with the center pad?

Thanks,
    Erik
    AOL for Treo does not really provide any upgrade path. I don't know if some users have done so. My version is the same version since my T180.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast