1.    #1  
    Longtime Treo user here (90, 300, 600) but been with Sprint. Today my wife joined the ranks by purchasing a Vzn 600. As the salesperson was singularly uninformed (his first reply to her saying she wanted to get the 600 was "you know that's PDA first and a phone 2nd, right?" Great sales technique.)
    So here are my questions:
    -What's the difference between Vzn's $49 Smartphone/PDA umlimited data plan and the $79 version?
    -Does Vzn provide an email account and if so do they have any notification comparable to Sprint's SMS notice?
    -If not, could I configure an app like Chatter to notify her about mail to any other server, such as RoadRunner?
    Thanks so much for all your help!
    I can only answer the first two questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DelMelo
    -What's the difference between Vzn's $49 Smartphone/PDA umlimited data plan and the $79 version?
    Nothing except you can't get the $49 plan for any other phone. You can use your PDA as a modem as well. It is $44.99 if you have a voice plan over some amount ($49/mo I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by DelMelo
    -Does Vzn provide an email account and if so do they have any notification comparable to Sprint's SMS notice?
    No. I missed that extra email account for the first 3 months after leaving Sprint a few years ago.