1.    #1  
    Anytime that I perform a global search/find on the unit, the whole thing does a rest....anybody have any insight/fix for this? Thanks!
    Folks who have complained about this issue in the past have found that the Treo is trying to search documents (i.e. from docs 2 go) and crashing there.
  3.    #3  
    I tried deleting Word to Go & Sheets to go & fonts (none of which I use), and it still resets on find.....???
    Make sure you delete all documents that might have been associated with the D2G programs. If that doesn't work, well, I'm out of suggestions - sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurora
    Anytime that I perform a global search/find on the unit, the whole thing does a rest....anybody have any insight/fix for this? Thanks!
    I've had the same problem for a long time. With different palms. In my case its obviously 3rd party software I just don't know which.
    Try the OS5 version of FindHack, systematically remove applications from the find list, and you should be able to identify the offending application, and make Find ignore it.
    First you need to understand the Find behaviour of the Palm OS. The OS does not have an actual Find function built in. When an applications gets installed that has a native Find function (DTG, etc) they register this capability wit the OS. When you use the Find, the OS calls each registered app and uses their own built in find function and returns the results in the Find screen. So....

The trick is to see which app is in the process of executing a Find function when the reset occurs. Usually this means watching the search very closely and watching to see which called app is causing the error. Or, use process of elimination, and watch which ones complete the Find succesfully before the reset or Fatal Exception occurs.
    Last edited by Bostonnerd; 08/08/2004 at 08:47 AM.
    Agendus caused the "find resets". Install new version, and should work okay.
    You can find the app that causes this by using the phone app and dialing ##377. It will show you the app that caused the last reset. Delete it. No previous PDA/phones had this great feature.

On some treo's you might have to dial #*377 or *#377 -- I forget. But it won't dial a real call.
    the crash report commands are here:
    palmone knowledgebase article Solution ID: 28998

for the treo 600 verizon it is #*#377

i have the same problem.
    the crash report says it bailed on the calendar. i trashed my datebookDB file and the find doens't force a reset anymore.
    this isn't really ocnvenient as i wanted some of the datebook info. but at least i know why. maybe a bad charcter in the datebook? idunno.

insight would be appreciated.

thanks.