Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Treo is my only means of internet access, so I do all my emailing from it (via Memo and then cutting and pasting into Email app). The tiny little clipbooard in Memo, though, is driving me nuts - on longer letters it's taking me an hour sometimes to finally get everything moved to the email, one paragraph at a time.

Does anyone know of a text-entry app out there with a larger clipboard than Memo? I've done several searches here, but couldn't find anything in the archives. I use Memo for only very plain text entry, so I don't need anything with fancy extras or formatting - just something that will let me type and then copy the entire document at once for pasting in another app. Any help is much appreciated.
    The problem isn't with Memo but how text fields in PalmOS support cut/copy/paste operations. There are some third party apps that extend the clipboard beyond the 1k limit. Search palmgear for ClipPro (shareware) or CutPaste5 (freeware, my app). There is also ClipHack for PalmOS 4.x devices.

Mark
    Is there a trick to use CutPaste5 also from within the SMS app.?
    CutPaste5 only works with apps that use the standard PalmOS text fields. More complex apps like DocToGo, MyBible, WordSmith (and others) create their own custom text fields (using the low level drawing routines) and CutPaste5 won't work with these apps.

Which SMS app are you talking about?

Mark
    The SMS application that came with the GSM Treo 600.
    I have the impression that CutPaste5 DOES work with Docs To Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marit
    The SMS application that came with the GSM Treo 600.
    I have the impression that CutPaste5 DOES work with Docs To Go.
    I don't have a Treo... but the software simulator version of the Treo 600 crashes when I try to use the SMS app

Have you tried setting the command toolbar option in CutPaste5 using the command toolbar?

Mark
    Hei tamura. The real Treo also crashes a lot, you do not miss anything there...
    Yes, I am using that option.
  8.    #8  
    Hey - Jason again, the original poster of this thread. Okay, have CutPaste5 installed on my Treo; now how do I get it to work? As far as I can tell, activation involves doing certain strokes in the silkscreen area - how do Treos without silkscreen areas do it?
    You need to use the command toolbar. But I don't think the Treo 600 has a key to bring up the command toolbar so you'll need to use some type of onscreen Graffiti utility to do the / character. Then you'll see two sets of cut, copy, paste icons. The set on the left is for CutPaste5 and the set on the right is the system clipboard. -Mark
    You can use Butler to bring up the command bar by holding down the Menu key. It is under Misc, just check the box that says Menu Hold -> Command.
    Just press menu + c for copy and then menu + p for paste. You do not need anything else.
  12.    #12  
    Well, I tried both methods mentioned - l tried a simple 'menu-c' first (which accessed the Palm clipboard, telli@
  13.    #13  
    Well, I tried both methods mentioned - l tried a simple 'menu-c' first (which accessed the Palm clipboard, telling me it was too small), then used GraffitiAnywhere to pull up the command bar, where I only saw one set of copy/paste icons, not two. Is the advice being given in this thread based on other Palm devices, or has anyone gotten CutPaste5 to work on an actual Treo 600?
    Did you enable the command bar option in the CutPaste5 preference panel? It is disabled by default.
  15.    #15  
    It's working! tamura's comment tipped me off - my command-bar option WAS ena\
  16.    #16  
    It's working! tamura's comment tipped me off - my command-bar option WAS enabled, but had been enabled since installation, so I simply disabled and then re-enabled the option (five seconds total) and now it's working perfectly. Thanks, everyone - I can't believe CutPaste5 isn't on everyone's 'must-own' software lists, as it now is on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonpettus
    It's working! tamura's comment tipped me off - my command-bar option WAS enabled, but had been enabled since installation, so I simply disabled and then re-enabled the option (five seconds total) and now it's working perfectly. Thanks, everyone - I can't believe CutPaste5 isn't on everyone's 'must-own' software lists, as it now is on mine.
    I don't quite understand why you needed to disable and enable the command toolbar option to get it to work... but I guess the important thing is that its now working for you.
    Hello All,

Well, I read this thread and I have the same problem. I do allot of cutting and pasting and I also need a larger clipboard.

I have a treo600 with these two programs installed on it:

GraffitiAnywhere
    CutPaste5

Can some please tell me how to expand my clipboard limit with these two programs? I don't quite understand how to make them work together.

Thanks!
    SPRINT POWER VISION
  19.    #19  
    Okay, here's the solution in plain English...

CutPaste5 creates a second clipboard, separate from the PalmOS clipboard, that's much larger in size. Unfortunately, the only way to access this second clipboard is through the "command bar" - the horizontal screen that pops up whenever you make a SW/NE (southwest to northeast) slash in Graffiti. As Treo owners already know, a Graffiti interface doesn't ship with our devices, so you will need a piece of third-party software to access it. GraffitiAnywhere lets you use Graffiti on the Treo screen; once it's activated, you just draw a SW/NE slash to get the command bar to pop up, along with access to CutPaste5's alternative clipboard. Or you can run Butler, which lets you tell your Treo to pull up the command bar whenever you click and hold the 'menu' button. Yeah, this is all a pain in the a**, but for someone like me who is doing all his emailing through his Treo, quite necessary.
    You can also use ShortCut5 (another freeware app) to open the command bar through the keyboard. Just use the @@co macro in your shortcut definition. -Mark
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast