1.    #1  
    I've just spent the last couple of hours today and some yesterday trying to get it going. I'm tired and frustrated with this product that I BOUGHT. No luck.

First of all from all the threads I've read on this program I think this software should be at version LightWavBETA V .3 NOT LightWav 3.0 and I'm emphasizing 0.3 and not 3.0. Secondly it SHOULD NOT be for sale yet as its far to buggy and certainly not with a 14 day limitation. With all the random resets, looping, and things plainly not working as they should I don't think I'm over stating. People like myself are paying to be beta testers rather than the developer paying us. Does not sound right to me. I don't mind when something is not perfect, no software is but I do mind when the developer puts out software as a release and not a FREE BETA. You limit it to 60, 90 or whatever days while we work out everything thats wrong. Develpoer makes the changes etc. Then we decide to buy after that. I don't recommend this product yet. Of all the similar products its the most potentially prommising but delivers mostly frustration.

Oh the most recent pain....midi's for contacts. I go into contacts choose a ring for say john the ring being blah1, I play sound and blah1 plays. Great right? Well I go back into contacts pick a ring for jane and choose another ring lets say blah2. I test jane's ring which is blah2 and guess what? Johns blah1 ring plays for jane and every contact that I choose or nothing plays at all. This is more than just a little bug to me. Especialy with all the reseting on its own it does. Now I don't have a bunch of lines to test if the program actually works despite the fact that preview is wrong. Besides I missed 2 calls yesterday. I checked the phone from the landline I was at and all the t6 did was make a blip of a sound tell me I missed the call. So now I can play with the phone all day and miss calls or remove the software that I BOUGHT!

BTW am I the only one that gets that aprehensive feeling everYtime the palm resets, like its going to explode or something. This is the 5th palm since the Palm personal and I've never gotten used to it resetting. Anyway, venting done for this morning. Thank you,
    First off I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with Lightwav.

Second, I think you are slightly exaggerating the situation. I for one have been using Lightwav since the first release and find version 3.0 completely stable. You make a very valid point though. Toysoft has released too many versions of Lightwav, in my opinion. But that's also a good thing isn't it? When they discover a problem they are quick to fix it and release a new version right away. I'd for one would rather get software quicker, knowing the developer will be very quick to fix the bugs the arise rather than waiting forever for a developer to test software over and over again making sure it's perfect before it's finally released.

I haven't had a reset from Lightwav since, I don't even remember it's been so long.

My only issue with Toysoft, is what I have come to consider, their spamming of these boards with links to their products.

Thirdly, my suggestion is to be patient and contact Toysoft directly via their support e-mail address on their web site.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Hmm, youhave 10 posts so you probably haven't had your Treo that long either. I for one have never had any issues with the product and love it. It's so much better than only using the standard ringtones and now with pics and animated gifs it's even better. Sorry you are having so many issues, but I'm sure it's due to you not knowing what you are doing or someting on your phone as I think there are far too many peope who have no issues at all with this product.
  4.    #4  
    almost
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Hmm, youhave 10 posts so you probably haven't had your Treo that long either.
    Although its true that I have not had my t6 for long, what does 10 posts have to do with it? I've been using palms, cells, computers and all kinds of software for years.

I for one have never had any issues with the product and love it.
    Although you aren't alone, neither am I and you don't judge a product base on the satisified customers you judge it on based on the unsatisfied ones, very basic.

It's so much better than only using the standard ringtones and now with pics and animated gifs it's even better.
    I agree, that's why I bought it, I just can't get it to work and I'm not alone.

Sorry you are having so many issues, but I'm sure it's due to you not knowing what you are doing or someting on your phone as I think there are far too many peope who have no issues at all with this product.
    You're sure? I'm impressed, (deep breath) 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1, ok, All that does is speek to the inadiquacies of the software. I've read the manual that's all I should have to do. I'm experienced in most aspects of software including palm software but NOT programming other than a couple of courses. So NO its not me, of that I'm almost sure so I don't see how you could be "sure" of anything about me, however it could be 3rd party software and that should be the developers problem not mine if the software is written well. I should'nt have to to install apps that lightwav likes should I. Even that would be usefull to know however.

I suggest you do a search for lightwav, I'm not alone in having problems with this thing.
    i, for one, have not had ANY problems with Lightwav. i also tend to take very care of my treo when it comes to installing apps and uninstalling apps. if your treo has junk on it left over from programs that you uninstalled, you may have issues whit software that works fine for others

take care of your treo and it'll take care of you!
    a couple of days ago i upgraded to 3.0 and well, no problems whatsoever...and i think ive been using it since 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    almost

Although you aren't alone, neither am I and you don't judge a product base on the satisified customers you judge it on based on the unsatisfied ones, very basic.

Never have I heard reasoning like that. It provided the biggest laugh I've had all week. If we truly judged by the unsatisfied customers, we would have no products whatsoever, as there is no product with 100% customer satisfaction. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Never have I heard reasoning like that. It provided the biggest laugh I've had all week. If we truly judged by the unsatisfied customers, we would have no products whatsoever, as there is no product with 100% customer satisfaction. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and you would be an example of someones who's buisness goes out of buisnesn. Or you'd be an example of a consumer who has created the screw the customer environment that exsists in North America. Well I'm neither, and I'm not one of these guys that cuddles up to my treo. I bought it to work for me, to service me. I payed, it works. I give a buisness my buisness then they better keep their end of the deal. This is why you have software priracy, because most developers don't keep their end of the deal and just throw crap at the customers to early. The customer is then struck with crap or has to get a part time job constantly upgrading. No products are perfect but... When it comes down to the main point in my opinion, who gives a flying fadoo about the guys above who are happy with there lightwav. Gee, I've got an idea I'll just run lightwav and the treo standard apps. Brilliant. Who needs all that extra memory they provided and the expansion mem. slot, what a waste. God forbid you should want to add to many programs. Then that's the fault of the user right? To expect the software to actually work right? Christ. No wonder buisness treat custmers like idiots. Customers just tolerate more and more crap. The point is, there's a **** load of guys that aren't happy with it. Have you guys bothered to SEARCH and find all the guys like me that are having problems with it and are not quite as outspoken as I am?

Explain this to me btw, why is there going to be another lightwav release soon. A multitude of bug fixes no doubt. Or were all the other releases just enhansements? I'm not arguing that he shouldn't have released it at all, read my first post and perhaps you'll all understand.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    man you are such a crybaby
  10.    #10  
    blowme!
  11.    #11  

I just love sweethearts that are so brave behind a keyboard and start the name calling. Very brave.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    does your mommy know you are on the computer right now?
  13.    #13  
    does your mommy know you are on the computer right now?
    Is your avator yours?
  14.    #14  
    Oh, and I'm curious about one other thing Hall316. I just did a search of all threads started by you and what a surprise. You started a few with problems you were having with your treo. Problems that I've never had, problems that I'm sure others never had. Yet no morron came out to blame you and say its an operator problem. When you called support or wrote btw, did anyone say you're just a crybaby? Oh and last time I checked forums like this are meant to express different opinions and help about the same general topics not to just sit around, hold hands and sing kumbaya my lord as we drink coolaid.
    Oh, and I'm curious about one other thing Hall316. I just did a search of all threads started by you and what a surprise. You started a few with problems you were having with your treo. Problems that I've never had, problems that I'm sure others never had. Yet no morron came out to blame you and say its an operator problem. When you called support or wrote btw, did anyone say you're just a crybaby? Oh and last time I checked forums like this are meant to express different opinions and help about the same general topics not to just sit around, hold hands and sing kumbaya my lord as we drink coolaid.

Difference between you and Hall is he/she understands that not every product is perfect for every consumer. Jeezuz. You drive a Ford? The point is, everyone has problems from time to time - it doesn't make the products crap, which is your insinuation. Give it a rest.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it and you would be an example of someones who's buisness goes out of buisnesn. Or you'd be an example of a consumer who has created the screw the customer environment that exsists in North America. Well I'm neither, and I'm not one of these guys that cuddles up to my treo. I bought it to work for me, to service me. I payed, it works. I give a buisness my buisness then they better keep their end of the deal. This is why you have software priracy, because most developers don't keep their end of the deal and just throw crap at the customers to early. The customer is then struck with crap or has to get a part time job constantly upgrading. No products are perfect but... When it comes down to the main point in my opinion, who gives a flying fadoo about the guys above who are happy with there lightwav. Gee, I've got an idea I'll just run lightwav and the treo standard apps. Brilliant. Who needs all that extra memory they provided and the expansion mem. slot, what a waste. God forbid you should want to add to many programs. Then that's the fault of the user right? To expect the software to actually work right? Christ. No wonder buisness treat custmers like idiots. Customers just tolerate more and more crap. The point is, there's a **** load of guys that aren't happy with it. Have you guys bothered to SEARCH and find all the guys like me that are having problems with it and are not quite as outspoken as I am?

Explain this to me btw, why is there going to be another lightwav release soon. A multitude of bug fixes no doubt. Or were all the other releases just enhansements? I'm not arguing that he shouldn't have released it at all, read my first post and perhaps you'll all understand.

Man...take an English course (one that has a heavy emphasis on grammar and spelling). Your posts hurt my eyes.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    hahaha