1.    #1  
    Everyone,

I just got a Treo600 after my 300 failed on me and they sent me the new 600 with the insurance plan, so I'm geeked.

I don't know if this has ever been posted, but everyone who reads put in their favorite freeware plus the internet link so everybody can go download these programs.

Plus I need them and I don't want to search all over the internet.

Thanks
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/

Most of the really good, essential software for the Treo is not free.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

I disagree.......all of my software is free and I don't miss out on anything.

Will place a list up one of these days.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)

My programs which are NOT free but essential to me:

1. 2Day - www.shsh.com (great calendar/to-do organizer)
    2. Acid Image Pro - www.red-mercury.com (can't read incoming faxes without it)
    3. Backupman - www.bitsnbolts.com (saved my bacon many times)
    4. Bob's Alarm - (best alarm/timer/clock program)
    5. Datebk5 - www.pimlicosoftware.com (Arguably the best calendar program)
    6. DayNotez - www.natara.com (journaling program)
    7. Documents To Go - www.dataviz.com (Lets me receive, edit, and send Word docs)
    8. Fast Forward - www.rasix.com (automatically forwards my calls to my home phone when the phone is plugged into the charger)
    9. Pocket Tunes - www.pocket-tunes.com (mp3's, Shoutcast streaming)
    10. Quick Mile - www.quickmile.com (keep track of my business mileage)
    11. Runner's Log - (helped me train for a marathon)
    12. Mark My Scriptures - www.skimware.com (lets me keep the truly important stuff with me at all times)
    13. Snappermail - www.snappermail.com (Since email is vital to my business, so is this program)
    14. SplashID - (all of my passwords/bank accounts are encripted, and with me everywhere I go. Syncs well with the desktop)
    15. Takephone - www.shsh.com (helps me manage my calls and contacts)
    16. Uninstall Manager - www.northglide.com (helps keep my Treo free from junk files left over from uninstalled programs)
    17. ZLauncher - (great organizer, card-ram utility)

I would really miss not having any of the above programs, which aren't free. The Treo is worth hundreds of dollars. Spending a few more bucks to take full advantage of the Treo is well worth it. Otherwise, it's like driving a Ferrari with Ford Pinto tires and watered-down gas.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    If "ALL" your software is free you are certainly missing out on some things.

Streaming Shoutcast Stations for example.............
    do you get many crashes - do you have to do this "soft reset" often?
    My Treo has hard reset once since I've owned it. And it was from using the charge and sync cable, which others had the same issue with.

Soft Resets do happen sometimes if you use a lot of third party software. It's not a bad thing though. You don't loose any data or anything. Most people are able to isolate what causes the soft reset and stop it from happening again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    If "ALL" your software is free you are certainly missing out on some things.

Streaming Shoutcast Stations for example.............
    Streaming anything in Australia would cost you an arm and a leg and the future development of my kids.

Sorry guys no streaming on my baby.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour

Back to topic, here's my contribution. I don't pay for games, so here's a list of decent freebies:

Blocks (tetris clone, free from www.electronhut.com)
    Coconut Fern (connect-four clone, free from www.superdisco.net)
    Dice 121 (Yahtzee clone available from www.Palmgear.com)
    LEDhead (clone of 12 different games from when we grew up...free from www.peterhirschberg.com)
    The Prison (breakout clone available at www.mobilegamelab.com or Palmgear)
    Pacdude100% (Pac Man clone, free at www.jezleeonline.com)
    TetrisAttack100% (Tetris clone with a twist, free at www.jezleeonline.com)
    FruitSwap100% (another variation of Tetris, free at www.jezleeonline.com).
    Open Chess (free chess game at www.geocities.com/sonaltessefr/)
    Interlopers (Space Invaders clone, still in beta, free at www.mobilegamelab.com or Palmgear)
    Marbles (same game clone, free at www.ihatemusic.com/palm)
    Vexed (puzzle game, free at vexed.sourceforge.net)
    Wordwiggle (Boggle clone, free at www.wordwiggle.com)
    Wordmaniac (type of boggle clone, free at Palmgear)
    Xrow (Tic-Tac-Toe w/ multiple levels and a twist, free at palmcrust.tripod.com)
    Rally 1000 (classic card game, free at Palmgear)
    Scratch Interlopers...it's shareware now & not what you're looking for...sorry about that.