1.    #1  
    I have a treo 600 and I have tried to download some ringers with voices in it. They are QCP files.. But when I try to download them it says that the file is not supported. does anyone what I can do to get these files to work..
    Last edited by nelsito; 08/06/2004 at 05:05 PM.
    Dear nelsito,

If memory serves me correctly, QCP files are files based on Qualcomm Wav technology for various cellphones. I think that they are a .wav format which will not work natively with your T600 which uses .mid files.

Dave Lindberg
    NM is right on.

QCP files are Qualcomm based files used in phones made by Sanyo.

If you want to play voice ringers on your Treo there are several programs that will allow you to do so. Phone Technician , Lightwav , or Call Filter
  4.    #4  
    I have lightwav but I can't figure out how to just make the mp3 come on by it self.. Right now when my phone rings the regular ringer comes on and also the mp3 comes on how can I just have the mp3 come on and not the treo ringer?
    Go to PREFRENCES, SOUNDS.

Then change the ringer to SILENT.

Then you will only hear the sound you have selected in Lightwav.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you.. that worked... Now I am looking for some type of hack or Prog that I can use to play qcp files...
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    Thank you.. that worked... Now I am looking for some type of hack or Prog that I can use to play qcp files...
    I do not beleive such a thing exists for the Treo.
    Dear nelsito,

Try: http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/pr...wnload_sdk.jsp
    This is a SDK for Qualcomm PureVoice.

The below readme file for the PureVoice SDK claims to convert .qcp to .wav and vice-a-versa.
    http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/do...sdk_readme.txt

I hope that this helps,
    Dave Lindberg
    Great point NM.

I didn't think about simply converting the QCP files to wav. I kept thinking getting the Treo to somehow play the QCP files.