Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    This seems ludicrous to me but I can't seem to find where I can set the screen to turn off after a short amount of time while on a call! Does this setting or feature exist (I'm sure it does as this thing gets freakin' hot while on a 2.5 hour conference call!).
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Nope.

Edit I think, Treo Butler may allow this.
    There are quite a few apps that will turn off the screen while you are on a call.

For me the most simple one is TreoGuard
    http://www.geakware.com/ .

Butler will also do it , but has more options for other things, so it depends how much you want to fiddle about.
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/home

Just for the record, I use both of them and they work together fine

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    How do you do this in Butler?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    How do you do this in Butler?
    Opps, my mistake, it's Phone Technician not Butler that has this feature, both from the same person.

So in that case if you just want the screen off, go for TreoGuard

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    i just tried this - but now when you're on a call - how do you either hang up or turn the speakerphone on??
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    With Phone Technician, you have to turn the screen back on to access anything from the phone, including the active call menu. In its current version, Phone Technician still allows your keyguard settings to be in effect, so it may take more than one button press now to hang up, speaker phone, etc.; however, the developer is in the process of creating a new version that will interact and disable the keyguard for easier access while on a call. Hope this helps; Holla atcha bol
    I see that Treo Guard and Sandman both handle this. Any others?

I guess I would prefer something that automatically turns the screen off (like TreoGuard-rather than mapping a button like Sandman), unless mapping the button only takes over that button during a call, but otherwise defaults to what they're assigned to in the preferences.
    i have lightwav 3, turn off the backlight 1 second after i connect...and then 30 seconds later (by default) the screen should shut off
    I've been using lightwav as well and I have the backlight set to turn off after 1 sec.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Does this feature work with the trial version of LightWav? I've set it to turn off the backlight, and have played with the delay (all the way down to 1 second) and it will not turn the backlight off.
    once the screen turns off, in order to get the screen to come back on, I am assuming you press the power button ? Also if you are talking a a little while and the screen is off and you press the power button to wake it back up, does keyguard (if active) come onto the screen ? I have not used anything other than Treo Guard and it seems to do the job, but I am always looking for anything better.

One last question / GRIPE!! I use to have my screen to go off after about 30 sec. but the biggest problem I had was that once the screen is off and you are using a voice mail system and you need to press buttons, you have to turn the screen back on in order to be able to input the number you want to send back to the voice mail system. Any one know if there is a tool that can turn off the screen like Treo Guard, BUT if you need to press a button to allow the screen to AUTO turn on and take in the key press ?

Thank you.
    ivyrose, how dare you copy me
    hhehehe kidding kidding
    Phone Technician will also do this.
    Does this feature work with the trial version of LightWav? I've set it to turn off the backlight, and have played with the delay (all the way down to 1 second) and it will not turn the backlight off.
    I have a payed version and the same problem!

any ideas?

thx
    guess not
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    yes this feature works. try setting to 10 seconds. the screen should dim and revert back when you hangup.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Thanks. I try something on the longer end. Is 10 the minimum? Any plans to decrease that and allow the ability to turn it off in say, 2 seconds?
    Treo Guard works!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast