Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can someone provide a link (or tell me the company) that makes Treo Guard...I searched, but couldn't find.

Thanks,
    Erik
    Thanks, I was searching for treo guard, not treoguard...lol.

Erik
    there's a way to disable the touchscreen while on a call but not sure if this answers your question

Go to page 121 in the manual. I quote:
    " When you receive or make a call, the touchscreen on the Active call screen may
    be automatically disabled to prevent accidental termination of a call. You must use the 5-way navigation control to access the buttons on the Active call screen. Check the Keyguard settings in Preferences."

SO, click PREF->KEYGUARD->and check DISABLE TOUCHSCREEN WHEN ON A CALL
    Last edited by rossoneri; 08/19/2004 at 10:34 PM.
    That is a great tip - no longer will I have to worry about my ear hanging up the call for me. Doesn't address the original question though...
    I thinks it rediculous that after paying 450$ for a "smart" phone you have to pay another 9$ to disable the screen glaring in the dark.
    it's also ridiculous it doesn't feed my pets but meh, nothing in life is perfect.
    1. Install Sandman + fakecarkit.prc
    2. Set Option-Phone in Preferences to run Sandman
    3. While on call, press Option-Phone to turn off screen
    4. Smile wide because you no longer will be wasting your battery while on the phone
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Where do you install the fake car kit .prc and where do you get it from? Does Sandman get along w/ Lightwav 3.0?

Opus
    Install TreoGuard. Run it and it will ask to install fakecarkit. Then delete the treoguard prc.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Lightwav 3 doesn't seem to do anything with the backlight when I set it. But Sandman works everytime.
    --
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Treoguard works well, except it turns off all keys when the screen blanks... bummer. I like to use space (speakerphone) and side buttons for volume, etc.
    I was under the impression that Sandman will not work with units that have taken the latest upgrade. I have tried it many times and it turns off the screen fior a second while disconnecting the call and then turns back on again and the call is re-established. I also can't bring up the Sandman preference menu. Is this what others have experienced?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12