1.    #1  
    Just got a postcard from Johnnie Walker for a free year of a program called Vindigo, has anyone used this with the treo?
    How does it work....
    Thanks
    vindigo - truly one of my FAVORITE treo programs. i use it every day to find movie times, find a restaurant, etc. etc. get it!
  3.    #3  
    how much memory does it take up? hwo long have you had it for?
  4. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    It is an excellent service. I have had it since I bought my first Palm Pilot V years ago. I paid for my current subscription on the Treo 600. Lucky you to get it for free.

It is similar to Zagats. It is a directory of restaurants, bars, shops, museums etc. for whatever city you have on your handheld. I work in NYC and the listings for NYC are very comprehensive so I might be biased. You can enter your address and then find nearby establishments. The descriptions and ratings are quite good. It will also give you directions. If you travel or entertain often it is very handy.

If you click on a phone number in Vindigo it will dial the number in the phone application. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has figured out a way to intergrate Vindigo with GPS/navigation so you don't have to tell Vindigo where you are.
  5. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    how much memory does it take up? hwo long have you had it for?
    It aint small. Mine shows it taking up 3221 kb. I guess it depends on how many cities you have loaded on your phone.
    Vindigo is (or should be) the killer ap for handhelds. It can tell you everything froj when and where a movie is playing to the hours of different stores to where to find a bathroom. Depending on how many cities you want to load on your Treo, it is of trivial size. If you are going traveling if is a great application and can help you find restaurants and stores etc.
    Oh yes..Vindigo...I had it with my Palm Pilot VII.
    Great App.
    I got it for free too...this guy who was sitting next to me on a plane from San Juan to New York beamed it to me.
    I told him I travel quite often to the US and he said that Vindigo would be perfect for me. I liked the app very much and used it all the time.
    I must say though that after I got Worldmate I never really thought much about Vindigo...but then again I never had it in my Treo600.