1.    #1  
    I installed Facer 2.0 and I'm not completely thrilled with it.
    What is the best and most configurable application launcher out there for our Treos?

Thanks!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    zlauncher!
    far and away the best!
    There must be at least dozen threads on this subject ...

Techniechick, allow me to introduce you to Mr Search button, up there on the menu.

PS: Zlauncher.
  4.    #4  
    You know, I knew at least one of you guys would bust me on the Search feature!
    The reason I posted a new thread is that some of those older threads are referencing older versions of the software and I'm looking for a "fresh" outlook.
    But thanks for sharing you opinion as well.
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    I use Arrow Launcher. Works great for me
    Animo et Fide
    zlauncher - but it took awhile to get to a set-up that was "clean" (w/ so many options it is easy to be cluttered).
    LauncherX
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    zlauncher - but it took awhile to get to a set-up that was "clean" (w/ so many options it is easy to be cluttered).
    You're right, for sure, but if you're willing to take the time, the end result can 1) be as clean an interface as you want; and 2) one-handed use can be very streamlined.
    I've researched and tried every launcher out there. Not to say some aren't good, but to me, zlauncher has the most to offer (for what I want).
    personal opinion, of course!
  9.    #9  
    Aside from cool skins, I am looking for full customization to include renaming icons, maybe even replacing icons, and definitely a tabbed view. Does ZLauncher do all that?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

are you talking about 3rd party app icons or system icons?
    i know there are icon packs for system icons, but not sure what, if any, launcher replaces 3rd party app icons. wait, i remember, silverscreen does! animated icons, too!
    um, tabs, for sure. top, side or bottom, you can name them or use icons as well.
    rename icons, don't know.
    next???
    over at mytreo.net 1button+,allows 9`
    Animo et Fide
    zlauncher is great!
    I used to use LauncherX for a while and liked it a lot. I use facer 2.0 now and don't have too many issues with it. Just wondering, what is it about Facer that you are unhappy with?
  14.    #14  
    No matter what I try, I can't get themes to work. Not to mention it's just not as customizable as I would like it to be.
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

I tried a few and bought a couple and ended up with CoLauncher. It launches and that's all I really want it to do. One other I tried had so many options it was just a plain pain.

I see you are in Brooksville, Fl! I am from a bunch of miles south of there. Take care. Ben