1.    #1  
    I downloaded a presidential ringtone from this link and I think it is great!

My question is, how can I get the wav file to repeat when the phone rings? Right now it says "I'm John Kerry and I approve this message" once, and then stops. I'd like it to repeat as long as the phone is still ringing.

Do I need to purchase an application to make this happen? I'd rather use an mp3 file anyway. If so, which application can repeat a short audio clip as the ringer? Thanks!
    I know lightwav (www.toysoft.ca) allows you to do this (repeat ringtone and mp3 support).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Phone Technician can do it too I believe.
    I downloaded Lightwav with the idea of using some old fashioned telphone rings and phone company error messages that are in wav format. However when I tried to use the Plam Desktop to put the wave files on the phone it was making me put them on an SD card which I don't have. Do the sound files have to be on a card? What if I have a ring tone set up then I pull out the card?

Sorry to be asking such silly questions but this is my first phone with this kind of flexibility and I am still learning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakmule
    I downloaded Lightwav with the idea of using some old fashioned telphone rings and phone company error messages that are in wav format. However when I tried to use the Plam Desktop to put the wave files on the phone it was making me put them on an SD card which I don't have. Do the sound files have to be on a card? What if I have a ring tone set up then I pull out the card?

Sorry to be asking such silly questions but this is my first phone with this kind of flexibility and I am still learning it.
    There are instructions for converting a wav to a database file that can be installed to internal memory both in the forum and in the LightWav manual.

The only files that can be installed to the Palm main ram are .pdb and .prc. If you want to hotsync .wav, .mp3 or any other non palm files then you need an sd/mmc card.

included with lwav there is a windows app to convert wav/mp3 files to palmOS db. when converting make sure you dont have any spaces in the filename or filepath. once converted hotsync the pdb files and then tap on theh Refresh button in Lightwav to update the sound list.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I know lightwav (www.toysoft.ca) allows you to do this (repeat ringtone and mp3 support).
    Great! I went to toysoft.ca to download LightWav...do I need to download it to a PC with a sync cable? Other than using the Treo to download the program, I'm not sure how I get the app on my phone.
    Yes, you need to download the program to a PC then install it to the Treo. There is a PC component.
    Yes, you need to download the program to a PC then install it to the Treo. There is a PC component.

There is no PC component that you need to use Lightwav. All you have to do is unzip the files and then install to the Treo.

If you want to install to the Treo without using a desktop computer then goto www.toysoft.ca/lightnzip.html and download LightNzip + the ZLib. Install it and launch it. Then download the Lightwav zip file from www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html using your browser and save the zip file to your card. You then use LightNzip to unzip the files and Install the PRC to the Treo. Very simple and it works great with zip files.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca