Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    OK - so I am considering buying Agendus.. it seems like the way to go...

    but does anyone know how to get a suggestion to the developer?

    I'd have no problem buying it - if they incorporated some of these simple features that I am annoyed having to buy 3rd party apps for..

    like it already has a photo associated to ea. contact.. couldn't that be called up on an incoming call? wouldn't that be a simple thing to incorporate?

    Also - why not have the option in Agendus to associate rings/MP3s as well.

    I just find it strange that I need ALL these 3rd party apps to get my phone to a place where it seems most of us want it to be.

    sorry to sound annoyed.. but after trying to tweak my ph. for a week... I had to do a hard reset - and now re-installing everything..
  2. #2  
    iambic has a support forum at their website, so you could post your suggestions there. That of course is no guarantee they'll actually do anything about them.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burugundy
    OK - so I am considering buying Agendus.. it seems like the way to go...

    but does anyone know how to get a suggestion to the developer?
    Have you tried their discussion forum? http://support.iambic.com/forum/ I am not sure how responsive they are, but it is worth to try.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    thanks - i posted.. who knows if they read it - hope they do.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burugundy
    thanks - i posted.. who knows if they read it - hope they do.

    since there forum is moderated, they will read it. they might not reply though.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6. #6  
    I do not have time to make a user name at Iambic.....for right now. Anyway, I can't find the answer to this question anywhere else so I thought maybe some of you smart people could help out. I use Datbk5 and its great, I am thinking of switching to Agendus but, the problem I am noticing is that Agendus doesn't handle alarms the same way as Datebk5. In Datebk5 I can set an alarm for a to do or for an appt. and it will go off and I can ok the alarm or edit or snooze. If I ok the alarm it will go away and then come back the next day at the same time the next day. I love this and its very necessary. What I am noticing with Agendus is that it does not do this, it only lets you set an alarm and then it goes off and thats it...it doesnt tell you again the next day not to mention that if I don't hit anything on the Agendus reminder it doesn't keep reminding me. Am I missing something or how do I solve this problem?
  7. jeffdanger's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #7  
    Just as an extra point, the alarm function on Agendus only gives you the default Palm alarm, no matter what you set it to. Agendus says it's a known issue only with the T6 and there is no current fix for it. If you can live with the 10 year old Palm alarm, it's a great program.

    Jeff
  8. #8  
    what do you mean the default palm alarm. Are you talking about the calendar in the prefs app? I am using lightwav and it seems to work fine, it just doesn't repeat or repeat the next day like datebk5 does. Should I just bug them in the agendus forums about this?
  9. jeffdanger's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #9  
    Sorry, I mean if you set an alarm in the calendar app, the only sound you will hear is the old Palm alert--beep beep--beep beep. You can set the alarm sound in preferences to whatever you want but it doesn't change it. Not a real big deal but with a state of the art phone, why should we have to listen to a 1993 original Palm beep beep?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDucer
    I do not have time to make a user name at Iambic.....for right now. Anyway, I can't find the answer to this question anywhere else so I thought maybe some of you smart people could help out. I use Datbk5 and its great, I am thinking of switching to Agendus but, the problem I am noticing is that Agendus doesn't handle alarms the same way as Datebk5. In Datebk5 I can set an alarm for a to do or for an appt. and it will go off and I can ok the alarm or edit or snooze. If I ok the alarm it will go away and then come back the next day at the same time the next day. I love this and its very necessary. What I am noticing with Agendus is that it does not do this, it only lets you set an alarm and then it goes off and thats it...it doesnt tell you again the next day not to mention that if I don't hit anything on the Agendus reminder it doesn't keep reminding me. Am I missing something or how do I solve this problem?
    Agendus Pro has "roll over" alarms which do this. I use them all the time.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdanger
    Sorry, I mean if you set an alarm in the calendar app, the only sound you will hear is the old Palm alert--beep beep--beep beep. You can set the alarm sound in preferences to whatever you want but it doesn't change it. Not a real big deal but with a state of the art phone, why should we have to listen to a 1993 original Palm beep beep?
    I have Agendus Pro and all of the alarms work fine for me, even my downloaded midi sounds. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

    Mike
  12. jeffdanger's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #12  
    Funny, I emailed the Agendus folks and they confirmed it and said it was a known issue only with the Treo, no other Palm operating systems.

    Jeff
  13. #13  
    Although these third party apps are convenient, I find nothing is more convenient as the built in PIM programs with a few addons such as Butler to compliment them.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdanger
    Funny, I emailed the Agendus folks and they confirmed it and said it was a known issue only with the Treo, no other Palm operating systems.

    Jeff
    I use the Miami Vice theme to alert me of a few things, so I know that Agendus is working fine with other alarms. I also use a different tone for meetings, calls, and to-do items. Maybe I'm special

    Mike
  15. #15  
    Donald, the built-in apps are quite limited when you compare them with the features of Agendus (or other add-on apps). There are things I use on a regular basis that I just can't do with the Palm apps.

    Mike

Posting Permissions