Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    it appears TREOGUARD is the answer to the problem.

I thank the person who suggested it... will be testing it - and hopefully purchasing it- pending no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burugundy
    it's not built in - that feature makes it impossible to do anything to the phone.. you can't even hang up the phone! it's an idiotic feature.

you cant hang up, conference or even take another call -
    With the touchscreen off, you can still hang up and use other applications using the hard buttons and the 4 way control....
    You can however use the 5-way to navigate the buttons on the screen and hangup, get to the dial pad, etc...

I think that turning off the screen after a user defined amount of time should be builtin to the phone.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
  4.    #24  
    I do realize that.. it just seems cumbersome to me..

maybe cuz I am used to the way the 7135 worked.. who knows.

it just seemed like an odd set up to me.. but treoguard seems to answer the problem very easily.
    and to 6pack - instead of being condesending... how about actually being constructive - it's so much easier.
    LOL. Use the 5 way navigator while on the phone. Yeah... it's not the best thing, but it does the job!
  6. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    it's not built in - that feature makes it impossible to do anything to the phone.. you can't even hang up the phone! it's an idiotic feature.

you cant hang up, conference or even take another call -
    I could be mistaken but I think pressing the backspace key will disconnect a call and pressing the space bar will answer a call. I hope this eases your suffering.
  7.    #27  
    I;ve been fiddling w/ that - but it still doesn't black out the screeen..
    I have never hung up the phone or activated speakerphone with my face before. In fact I think they got the touchscreen just right, the face won't apply enough pressure to activate any soft buttons, not easily at least. Styluses and fingernails
    It was clearly a design choice to leave the screen on during calls. Your anti-matter nemesis would be posting here that it is a pain that the screen goes OFF if the design had been the opposite way. Some other phone manufacturers opted for the OFF method but it leaves you in a potentially compromised scenario of not knowing that an active call is still underway. What if someone says they are hanging up the phone but really they don't - how would you know? You are now being bugged and also paying for the call minutes.
    the treo has a feature that allows u to disable touch screen while on calls. been there since original release. then u have to use dpad to navigate on calls . . . I've been using this feature since oct 2003
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I like the screen staying on, however when I am on a long call, particularly with a headset, I wish I could hit the screen on/off button to turn the screen off. Otherwise it is really difficult to place the phone back into my holder without hanging up the call or hiting another button.
    I do realize that.. it just seems cumbersome to me..

maybe cuz I am used to the way the 7135 worked.. who knows.

it just seemed like an odd set up to me.. but treoguard seems to answer the problem very easily.

2 points.
    1st. Treoguard is a good solution, try it.

2nd. You are used to the 7135. Did you assume the treo 600 would be the same, if so why switch? You have to assume that a new model by a different company would be different in some or even many ways. If you are not able to handle these differences why put yourself through the nightmare of changing phones. No one ever said the 600 was perfect. I just wonder why you switched if you liked the 7135 so much.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    it appears TREOGUARD is the answer to the problem.

I thank the person who suggested it... will be testing it - and hopefully purchasing it- pending no problems.
    You are welcome.

The only limitation I've found it has is that if you have SnapperMail and you have it set up for automatic fetching, when Snapper's supposed to check your mail, it'll turn on your screen.
  14.    #34  
    i switched cuz the 600 is a better phone.. I am not saying that it's a bad phone.. I just think that the option to turn the screen on and off during a call seems like a logical one to me... but maybe I'm kookie.

Anyway - It appears that TREOGUARD is the answer for me.

I will be demoing it for a few days - and make my decision. thanks for the help.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12