1.    #1  
    I just downloaded the 15 day trial of Pocket Tunes 3.x, I want to be ablet to listen to Shoutcast streams from my treo.

When I use my browser on the Treo and go to the shoutcast site and click on the listen button it asks me where i want to save the playlist, according to the instruction it should also give me an option to open a stream but it doesnt.

Can someone give me a litte insight into getting this to work, if it works it might give me reason to get rid of my Sirius Sattelite system in my car ;-)

Thanks,

Cris...
    After you select the save option you should then be presented with the option to open.

Shoutcast only works with the DELUXE version of Pocket Tunes. Is it possible that the trial version is not the deluxe version?
  3.    #3  
    That's kind of what i thought, however when i downloaded the software from the site it said that the download was the same for both, i guess when you purchase the serial it must unlock some features depending on which serial you buy.

thanks,
    Cris..
    Exactly correct.

The software is the same. When you purchase the Deluxe version you are give a code to enter which ulocks the Shoutcast feature. Sounds like the Shoutcast feature is not enabled on the trial version though.
  5.    #5  
    I got the deluxe version and it works like a champ etc for the buffering issues now if you have any tips to help that out it would be great.

Cris..
    Instead of going straight to shoutcast, try out the links at http://mobile.treobits.com They've narrowed down the list of shoutcast stations for Treo Users.
  7.    #7  
    Sixpack you rock thanks this was exactly what i was looking for as the shoutcast site was kind of difficult to navagate with the treo.

Thanks again.

Cris...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack
    Instead of going straight to shoutcast, try out the links at http://mobile.treobits.com They've narrowed down the list of shoutcast stations for Treo Users.

I browse shoutcast from my pc then its easier to go to the Treo and find what you want
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    How do you add links to http://mobile.treobits.com? I'd like to post the link to Radio Margaritaville.
    I like browsing shoutcast for new links. Then I email them to my Treo. The shoutcast site is horrible to browse via Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack
    I like browsing shoutcast for new links. Then I email them to my Treo. The shoutcast site is horrible to browse via Blazer.

God...that is even better then what I do. Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    How do you add links to http://mobile.treobits.com? I'd like to post the link to Radio Margaritaville.
    That one is 56kbps bitrate, right? It doesn't show up because we filter out anything >= 56, and only return the first 20 in the list for each genre/category. How well does this station work for you? We stuck to lower than 56 because of the buffering issues people tend to have when trying to stream at that bitrate and higher.
    We need to get PocketTunes to allow for longer buffering. Has anyone requested this function from PocketTunes developer ?
    ok im new to the whole treo installing using hotsync... so talk to me like im just absolutely dumb its ok. I just bought the normal pocket tunes..... and now its one my computer... i just dont know what to do with it after this stage... how do i get it on my tro and how do i get songs on my treo after everything is installed!!!! and also can we make audio clips as ringtones?
    Hey Guys,

Does shoutcast work with the version of pocket tunes, that came free with the treo 600 after you registered?
    No, you must have the Deluxe version for shoutcast to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    We need to get PocketTunes to allow for longer buffering. Has anyone requested this function from PocketTunes developer ?
    It's been asked for a few times in their Yahoo Group, but I don't remember what their response was.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pockettunes

You can try asking there or search the archive to see if it's been answered already. Normsoft is very responsive in the Yahoo Group.
  18. 2yd
    My PT Deluxe/Shoutcast buffering query: I did a hard reset to clean up the RAM and I am trying to keep 3rd party programs on the SD card where advisable. Question is, should PTD be on SD or in RAM?

FWIW I find no buffering issues with the mp3's and PTD both running from SD card, but a few shoutcast stations are problematic but it could be reception issues. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i used to keep PocketTunesDeluxe on SD card, now i keep it on main memory, more stable (to me it seems)
    some shoutcast stations that you play could be too high bitrate. i'm on Sprint and i keep my stations at 24-40kbit. 24 and 32 seem to work very well, 40 buffers once in a while. if you cant connect to the station it means the station is down (or vision is down).
    Quote Originally Posted by 2yd
    FWIW I find no buffering issues with the mp3's and PTD both running from SD card, but a few shoutcast stations are problematic but it could be reception issues. Thoughts?

I think that stations you are listening to have higher bitrates. I think that's where the problem is for you.