1.    #1  
    http://www.dailygadget.com/forums/sh...?threadid=3142

According to Daily Gadget. Only compatible with Zire 72 and Tungsten T3.

Will retail for approximately $129, and there is a Part# and SKU# available already.

The item description says "add Tungsten|C capabilities to supported handhelds"
    I'm still shocked no one has been able to whip up an SDIO WiFi card that works in the Treo.

You would think that it would be possible even with teh limited power restrictions of the 600.
  3.    #3  
    u know, I think the key will be the serial port. Like the Enfora WiFi cases that's avaiable for Universal Connector PDAs or the Tungsten E. But I dunno, the only place has WiFi that I go to regularily (well the only WiFi places where WiFi costs less than GPRS) is my school (only at select hot spots) and McDonald's (with purchase of $3 or more). I can't justify the cost of buying WiFi accessories or WiFi enabled PDAs, but i'm sure you guys and gals down in the states love WiFi like crazy, so best of luck to u.
    with the increase in VoIP, wifi in a treo would be a great feature
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bitstream
    I'm still shocked no one has been able to whip up an SDIO WiFi card that works in the Treo.

You would think that it would be possible even with teh limited power restrictions of the 600.

Agreed. Even if they had to have an external power source for the wifi card like a little snap in battery pack or something....this really doesn't seem like it should be rocket science.

I think the main reason you'll never see Wi-fi in a treo is because the Wireless carriers are against it. Hot spots are becoming more and more accessible all over the country, if you had the option of using your wifi instead of your gprs for data, now you're paying the hotspot provider and not the carrier for your online usage.

-Wu
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWu
    ...I think the main reason you'll never see Wi-fi in a treo is because the Wireless carriers are against it...

-Wu
    That wouldn't explain why T-Mobile is promoting a Wi-Fi smartphone. I think the real issue is power. Wi-Fi takes a lot to run. I had a Tungsten|C that you could almost see the battery bar moving when Wi-Fi was turned on.

Still, Palm needs to go to combined devices with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth or just give up the battle with Microsoft Pocket PC/Smartphone devices.
    Also, many carriers now give unlimited online time. I know T mobile's plan is an so is sprint and I;m sure others offer that reasonably. Yes you pay for downloads but how often do you need to do that on the road? Most people would sync that in from their desktop/laptop. You exclude alot of potential wifi sales if the service money was the case in preventing it's release. Besides, I live in NYC and we have tons of wifi spots, it's still not that easy to jump onto public ones. Not compared to getting a cell signal everywhere. Thats the reason why we have these things anyways. freedom