Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For some reason BC didn't work for me.
    I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my Outlook being all messed up.

Has anyone experienced any problems with their outlook after they installed the palm's syncing conduit.
    This is not the first time I've noticed a problem...a few years ago when I first got my Palm Pilot VII, I installed the syncing conduit that came with the Palm and noticed that Outlook started to crash (I had Windows Me at the time). I had to change to Outlook Express and configured the conduit to sync with the Palm Desktop only.

Now, a few years later, I have the Treo600, windows 2000 and notice the same issues with Outlook...it keeps crashing.
    Again I cannot use the conduit to sync my Outlook mail or use any apps that has anything to do with Outlook.
    Anyone else notice any issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by esposj
    My only complaint, and I think it's to keep synching compatibility, is that it puts codes into the memo field of a meeting, todo, etc. It's not a big deal, but it makes me think before cutting and pasting meeting minutes from jpilot (linux) into my mail client.
    I despise this, which is also present in Datebk5.

I'd love to pay for a better program, but I can't stand the random codes in my notes field.

Has this been resolved?

Gah.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
  3.    #23  
    I did the trial version of AGendus and am in the trial version of Beyond contacts now.

I do believe i like the agendus pro better than beyond contacts for one major reason file size. Beyond contacts just takes up too much space! Plus i like the layout better of agendus.

My only dissapointments with this is I would like to be to establish to mail programs with agendus pro. I use snapper mail for personal and agendus mail for work. neither BC or Agendus gives me the ability to use to mail programs it is one or the other.

Thanks to all who helped answered my questions earlier, it gave me an idea of what to look at when i investigated each one
    I really don't like the 3rd party ones, yes they're nice and comprehensive, but the original Palm PIM programs are perfect for the small screen and they're much quicker to use, even if they don't have the advanced features these 3rd party apps have. Plus they're well integrated... notice how in Agendus, when u use SMS or Mail or etc. to send mail, u don't get returned back to ur home screen. Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    I despise this, which is also present in Datebk5.

I'd love to pay for a better program, but I can't stand the random codes in my notes field.

Has this been resolved?

Gah.

Agendus does assign a "code" and places it into the memo field of Outlook for Icon assignment and for tracking of Contact History. The icon is usually the first thing in the memo field followed by any completed tasks, calls and or appointments.

The latest version 8.05 has these and I don't think they will ever go away.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    [QUOTE=jbletheby]
    My only dissapointments with this is I would like to be to establish to mail programs with agendus pro. I use snapper mail for personal and agendus mail for work. neither BC or Agendus gives me the ability to use to mail programs it is one or the other. /QUOTE]

Agendus will allow affiliation with either mail program just not both. You should be able to pick one to use within the preferences settings. I have had both Agendus Mail and Snapper Mail affilitated along with the Treo's mail app so the only down side I'd see is that you'd have to exit the program to go to anything other than the Agendus Mail app which would be annoying but I don't know of any PIM that will do what your asking? Have two mail clients assisgned to different contacts whether that contact is deemed personal or business.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  7.    #27  
    Moose,

I understand that, as far as my comment goes, i guess it goes along the lines of a wish list
    Quote Originally Posted by jbletheby
    Moose,

I understand that, as far as my comment goes, i guess it goes along the lines of a wish list

FYI, I've been a public beta tester with Agendus - passed this along as a wish list - you never know?
    Moose Man
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I've tried Datebook (with Memo+ and ToDo+), Beyond Contacts and am now trying KeySuite. I passed on BC because it seemed a bit bulky, both in memory size and manipulation. I didn't find a way to assign Notes, Calendar and Tasks each to a different button (although perhaps I didn't stick with it long enough to figure this out). Datebook5 (and others) are fine, but a bit too mac for my tastes (please, mac lovers, don't flame my *** now. I work on both platforms every day!). BC and KS are more like Outlook, which I prefer for a PIM application. That said, BC is trying too hard to look like MS Outlook with a folder icon column. That just doesn't fit aesthetically on my palmphone either. KeySuite seems to strike the right balance. I particularly love that my labels from Outlook carry over to the device and I don't get codes stuck in my notes field as Datebook does if you use colors. Of course, I can assign Key Contacts, Key Tasks, and Key Memo to different buttons as well as easily switching between them from any Key screen. KeySuite ain't cheap, so I'm going to go the full 21 day trial before shelling out $69. What I miss in all of these is the ability to sort Tasks by Catagory/Priority.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12