Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    http://www.secondkiss.com/mbta/
    i use that when i travel in boston... it's an awesome interface... i think the company may have something for new york.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Yes cruelpupet I'm interested by your MTA maps.

Could you send it to me please.
    Quote Originally Posted by nemoone
    Yes cruelpupet I'm interested by your MTA maps.

Could you send it to me please.
    dude, read the thread and you'll find them. Jeez, man, I asked for one from B'klyn because all the bus ones are for Manhattan, but you didn't even look first
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  4.    #44  
    im working on brooklyn now...i hope that I can squeeze it into 2 images like manhatten.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    im working on brooklyn now...i hope that I can squeeze it into 2 images like manhatten.
    Cool, I had just used the Subway map on my GSM Treo with Panasonic SD card, and it works fine in Wide Page Mode (no go in Optimized mode)

I did try the Manhattan bus maps and they don't work, no matter how much time I give it.

Now, with the Subway map, I get an image of picture while it is loading, but with the bus maps, I get a red X from the start and they don't load. Cache is set to 8 MB.

So, in sum, on my GSM Treo with Panasonic SD card, Subway works, none of the Manhattan Bus maps work.

Can't wait to try Brooklyn though :-)

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

6.    #46  
    I AM COMPLETELY CONFUSED NOW!

Previously the only time I had the red X was when I tried to load the north & south pics (manhatten bus) on the same page.

I finished Brooklyn (roughly 3000x3000 pixels) Red X...I expected that much...so I split it in half on the Y-axis. This made it smaller in size and in pixel count to Manhatten Bus north. But I am still getting a Red X.

Hopefully having a 650 will fix all this.
    ahhhh 650....drool

Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    Okay...here it is then

http://www.stenchofpennies.com/maps2.zip

The files need to be placed in a directory called HTML unless you want to edit the the html files. Once on the card you can call up the file in blazer by typing file:///HTML/MTAMaps.html

Note: I edited this post to point to the current files
    Do I have to be connected to the internet to view it?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by CmgMg
    Do I have to be connected to the internet to view it?
    The Treo will attempt to connect...but you can cancel. Everything needed is on the card.
    thx for the subway map... will come in handy.
  11.    #51  
    no problem...just glad to provide a usefull service.

I really hope the 650 will fix the issue of larger images not being displayed.
    hello everyone im having problems seeing these maps. CruelPupet this is a great idea. As i read igreenberg post i get lost at (blazer) i dont know what blazer is on my treo i dont see this name on anything. Can some please help...Thanks
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmill
    hello everyone im having problems seeing these maps. CruelPupet this is a great idea. As i read igreenberg post i get lost at (blazer) i dont know what blazer is on my treo i dont see this name on anything. Can some please help...Thanks

Blazer is the name of the default web browser included on the treo. When you are surfing the web on your treo you are using blazer.

some people can see more maps then others...but almost everyone seems to be able to use the subway map.

As for directions...i dont think i can explain it any better then what this thread does.
    well..treo 650 GSM didn't fix it
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Are the maps still available?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmillhis
    Are the maps still available?

I didnt think it was still this popular...but after a few PM's...I guess I was wrong.

My webhost had a stupid admin working for them, who decided to reinstall linux since they couldnt fix the errors. The admin then proceeded to reformat the wrong partition. I never left a copy on my pc, so it is lost. So if anyone has a copy...just send it to me, and Ill reupload it.

Peace out!
    Does anyone still have a copy of this? I've been looking for a good map of the NYC subway and have yet to find it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack
    I actually installed it this morning and took the subway. Not exactly sure which train stopped at 59th & 5th ave, I opened open the MTA map and I on my way! So simple and useful.

BTW. Does anyone know how to make 'Wide Mode' the default in Blazer? I seem to have to change my browser setting to navigate and see the map.
    Blazer/Menu/Preferences/widemode. It is sticky.
    I only kept the subway map so here it is:
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7978/subway1qr.gif
    Thanks rh71! How do you set this up in Blazer to be able to view it? I tried saving a subway map as an image, but the viewer software included in the 650 doesn't allow for zoom. I thought it may work viewing it through Blazer. How do you use it?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast