Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm using a card reader/writer to place it on my card.

What is meant by "root"?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I'm using a card reader/writer to place it on my card.

What is meant by "root"?

Root = top most directory

You should see a Directory called PALM (if you installed any software to the card)

If your still having problems try....

Deleting your recent pages under Preferences/Memory Management in Blazer

or

A soft reset
    Nope.

Tried all of the above and it still won't work.

I even tried finding the MTA MAP HTML file with Launcher X's file explorer and then opening it into Blazer from there but it keeps giving me the error:

Error: Dm (0x0001)
    FYI. I had great success with the maps. I have at least 10 applications on my phone. The only common thing I see is that I have Sprint PCS??? I also have 10 Mbs free of memory on my Treo. Just a few thoughts.
    Sixpack,

Would you mind posting the exact steps you took to get the MAPS to work?

(Yes, I have a Sprint Treo.)
    1) Created a folder on my SD Card called HTML. (You'll know you created it in the right spot if you see "AUDIO", "DCIM" and "PALM" on the same level.
    2) Copy all the files into the HTML Folder you created.
    3) In Blazer, open up this URL "file:///HTML/MTAMaps.html".
    4) Then click on the links. It took a little time for the page to load, but be patient.

That was it.
    Last edited by Sixpack; 08/07/2004 at 09:23 PM.
    Well that's exactly what I tried (several times.)

So know I'm sure it's not me.

What provider is your Treo with Sixpack?
    I have a GSM version and are having problems. I'll try different combinations on Monday (smaller gifs, jpegs instead). I think we found something that only works on the sprint version...
    KypDurron,

Not true.

I have a Sprint version and can't seem to get the maps to work.
    I've got Sprint PCS. The latest firmware 1.2??
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint Treo with latest firmware (1.2). The Subway map works fine for me; the others give a red X.

I suspect it has to do with my SD card being to slow - it's an old SanDisk 256, not an Ultra - especially since the subway map is much smaller than the others.

For me, the subway map is all I need - so thanks.
    Well..I'm using latest firmware and have a Kingston Elite Pro High Speed card.
    still getting red X.
    I am getting the X as well on a Sprint Treo 600. I tried WebViewer instead of Blazer and it says "File resources not supported". I assume that this means that you cannot use the file:/// command... That is a shame as I really like WebViewer.

Mark
    It's working for me after simply taking the subway.gif and putting it on my sd card. Then I made a favorite on the blazer browser with the syntax file://card1/dcim/subway.gif

card1 is my sd card and dcim is the default folder some other program created for pictures.

Of course, I have to remember to change my preferences to allow graphics because I usually keep them off
    I think it may have something to do with cache size....I increased my limit to 1.6MB and one image started showing up. I then resized the bus image to 50% its size and now they both work. For the people that actually have this working from the beginning, what is your memory lmit set to?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I think it may have something to do with cache size....I increased my limit to 1.6MB and one image started showing up. I then resized the bus image to 50% its size and now they both work. For the people that actually have this working from the beginning, what is your memory lmit set to?
    I tried this a few days ago, glad you were able to fix it with this.

Mine was set at 6mb and everything except the full bus map (2 images stacked) worked fine. The full bus map would only display the top image.

Setting the cache size to 10mb and 200k had no effect on my phone at all.
    Resizing the image causes a lot of loss of quality. It would of _great_ help if people who got this to work give some information about their setup - memory limit, free space etc.

Thanks !!
    Yes cruelpupet, I'm interested by your Mta's maps.

Could you send it to me please.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by nemoone
    Yes cruelpupet, I'm interested by your Mta's maps.

Could you send it to me please.

Link to the download is on the first page.
    can I get a Brooklyn bus map too please?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast