1.    #1  
    I have been searching all over for a report on what the actually battery life savings are by using a program like Phone Technician 1.2 to turn the screen off during a phone call. I know it saves battery life, but how much?

Has anyone had the chance to see any real world gains by using it?

Please share your results. I bought phone technician for my phone and I like it. But just wanted to see what the actual benefits are of turning the screen off vs. it being on dim as the default is.

Thanks..
    None...I drain my battery by websurfing. Always have.

That being said...It all depends on what you use your treo for
    It stands to reason that the longer the screen is one the shorter the battery life. We have thirty six Treo’s in the field with out techs and the feed back has been all over the place. What I have been able to figure out is most of the techs have the auto screen off set to max at three minutes as they are still coming to grips with using the webpage and keyboard to enter there job data. A handful of more experienced techs (formally known as the GEEKS) can fill out the job info a lot faster and have reduced screen off times so they get far longer battery life.

At the end of the day, when it comes to turning the screen off during a call, you would probably find the actual power consumption of the call will be greater then the screen usage so if you make a lot of calls then it won’t make much difference.

Only my opinion.
    Hi there,

Kevin from palmOne here. I just wanted to point you to a page of our Support Knowledge Library that lists a bunch of other tips to improve your battery life. I hope you find them helpful.

Go to http://kb.palmone.com/

And type in the solution ID

Solution ID: 28559
    Tips: Maximize battery life (Treo 600)

Best wishes,
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowDan.com
    I have been searching all over for a report on what the actually battery life savings are by using a program like Phone Technician 1.2 to turn the screen off during a phone call. I know it saves battery life, but how much?

Has anyone had the chance to see any real world gains by using it?

Please share your results. I bought phone technician for my phone and I like it. But just wanted to see what the actual benefits are of turning the screen off vs. it being on dim as the default is.

Thanks..
    Well, I can tell you that using TreoGuard to turn the screen off during calls I used the phone last night talking to my sister for an hour after a full charge. The battery level went down to between 88-91%, with the screen off the whole time! I don't remember what that would have been with the screen on, but I know for certain that it isn't anywhere near as good with the screen still on.

Another reason to turn it off; When I am on the phone but have the lights off just as I am about to fall asleep, the screen is too bright. It is nice to be able to have it off just for that reason alone...the battery life kick arse too though!
    Kevin,

I appreciate your help and presence in these forums, but I'm curious as to why you don't link directly to the solutions you recommend?

Solution ID: 28559