1.    #1  
    I am so getting the new 610 when it comes out of course, but will I have to buy all my APPs all over again? Since the resolution and whatever else has changed? I have a couple hundred dollars in APPs and it would suck to buy them over again. I have a treo 600 cdma right now.
    You shouldn't have to for most of your software. Even if an application doesn't work properly initially, the vendor should come out with a free update/patch in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by skydiving9
    I am so getting the new 610 when it comes out of course, but will I have to buy all my APPs all over again? Since the resolution and whatever else has changed? I have a couple hundred dollars in APPs and it would suck to buy them over again. I have a treo 600 cdma right now.
    You shouldn't have to buy new apps because of resolution differences. If the developer did what they were supposed to do, the application already supports multiple resolutions through Palm OS5's libraries. When the application "sees" that it's running on a high-res device, it should adjust automatically.

Of course you'll need new apps to take advantage of things like Bluetooth, but the screen resolution shouldn't be a problem.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.