1.    #1  
    What are the top apps that you would recommend for someone just getting started with a Treo? What programs coudn't you live with out? I'm looking for the must-haves here.

Thanks
    hey there.

I just got mine about 4-5 days ago -

if you go into the software section of this forum - there are a few thread w/ just that topic...

also - a lot of people have websites that list 'what's on my treo'

I've found those to be informative as well..
    Only had mine a few days, but SnapperMail 2.0 (free beta) works well. It would be difficult to get email without one of the email programs. Good luck.
  4.    #4  
    Why is there a need for Snappermail? I thought the Treo comes with an e-mail app? My Treo should arrive today or tomorrow from Verizon...just in time to play all weekend.
    You don't need snappermail. You can use the Mail app that comes with the Treo. Its just not as good. I use the plain mail program and it is good for my needs.
    One program that is really good is Phone Technician 1.2. It allows you to turn off your telephones display while making calls to save battery life, it also lets you play MP3s as ringers, and do all kinds of cool stuff with ring tones. Plus it allows you to turn on and off the wireless mode of your phone based on an Alarm Clock tyep interface. So if you want no phone calls late at night, set the phone to shut off at midnight, and turn on when you usually get up. Works great. You can find this on Palm Gears site at http://www.palmgear.com/satellite/index.cfm?siteid=1102

Dan
    I actually found that Bob's Alarm is indispensible. It's an Alarm Clock, StopWatch and Timer. It looks great and very configurable... includes snoozing, repeatable alarms, one time alarms, multiple stopwatches, etc Plus you can get Bob's PopLaunch which allows you to map your Hard Buttons to other Apps. I hold onto the phone hard button, it will cycle me thru Blazer & PocketTunes.
    This subject not only has been beaten to death..but it belongs somewhere else
    but i find MMplayer a good app for a watching some videos when your stuck somewhere waiting.
    Go to http://mytreo.net and visit their download section. All the software on my Treo is free and I have sources all of it from this site. Comprehensive and gives great details on what each program can do for you.

I downloaded about 40 - 50 from here and trialed them on the Treo before making a decission as to what I liked, disliked, gained advantage from or degraded the Treo and so deleted.

Do yourselves a favour and pay them a visit.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

I highly recommend installing Uninstall Manager before installing loads of applications - will save lots of memory and reduce hassle down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    I highly recommend installing Uninstall Manager before installing loads of applications - will save lots of memory and reduce hassle down the road.
    I agree with Uninstall Manager. Backupman also reduces a lot of hassle. A couple of times I have messed up my Treo trying out new apps. Backupman restores everything from the backup with no problems.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Is the best way to download these applications is to go to the specific web site using your Treo and download the app? Or is there a better way to download it to my desktop first and then send it to my Treo as an attachment?
    I like to download to my PC first - gives me a backup if I ever need to restore it. I install using the Palm Desktop's install, um, installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlieb
    Why is there a need for Snappermail? I thought the Treo comes with an e-mail app? My Treo should arrive today or tomorrow from Verizon...just in time to play all weekend.
    Verizon treo's don't come with an email app

Like it matters... I'd still buy snappermail.
    well it does if you install the wireless push feature...

which sux cuz I thought I could use that feature w/ any email program.. you can't.

plus - I was told it would HOTSYNC everything.. not just email - but it won't - unless you are running EXCHANGE or LOTUS NOTES... which I am not..

Is there anyway to wirelessly hotsync - to include your contacts, schedule, etc..??