1.    #1  
    Okay, so I just got my Innopocket case this afternoon, after chasing down the UPS truck that was pulling away as I got home from work..

First impressions, yeah it LOOKS cool, but can I live with the 'oddities'?
    First, the plus sides. It won't fall out of the case, it fits nice and snug. I don't think their 'accessory clip' that hits the back of the phone is actually doing any good, but the neoprene is nice and grippy. And it will probably lend some protection on short drops (though I won't be testing that part)
    I can answer calls, since the 5 way is accessible. (can also control PTunes with the case closed.. NICE feature!)
    Talking on the phone with the door closed protects the screen from facial oils.
    Volume controls on the side are surprisingly accessible, though recessed, even with my fat thumbs I can control it without even thinking about it.
    The camera lines up perfectly, as does the reset button and the speaker opening, service LED, speaker, microphone opening and stylus access.

Now, things I don't exactly like.
    The hinge is on the right.. yeah, I know the thought was to put the door behind your head when you're on the phone, but what if I'm holding the phone with my left hand so I can jot something down with my right? .. oh, and it isn't exactly easy to hold to your head with the door open to begin with.
    The opening for the headset and sync/charge seems to line up well enough, but it isn't quite as well as the pictures on the web show. (I'll take some pics and add them to this thread as soon as I get a chance)

can't sync with the crade while in the case (not such a big deal, but it would be nice.. I know, too much to ask for)

OUCH! just got my left palm pinched by the door as I closed it!.. careful, it bites =)

Belt clip.. I'm used to this style from my Nokia phones, but the treo is considerably larger than my old Nokia, so I'll probably be putting a horzomtal clip on the back.

OH! one other thing, the case effectively blocks access to the ringer silencer switch on the top! can't change to vibrate only or back to ring with the case closed... BIG drawback for me..

Thats all for now, time for sleep.

-joe
  2.    #2  
    I got this in an email but the post must have been lost:

viper0775, anymore opinions on this case? I am considering buying it as well.
    Anymore input you can give would be much appreciated.

I don't know who asked the question, but here is the answer!

I LOVE it. I am still using it, I don't use the belt clip though, it just resides in my pocket. The phone works great with the cover closed, nicely protects the screen from the oils on the face and it doesn't cause any noticable sound degredation on either end.

I've noticed sometimes that it can move up and down in the case, just enough to cause the ear-bud to come unplugged, but this is a minor issue.

The sound quality playing MP3 files and the ringer volume are not altered by being in the case.

I just wish there was a cutout to see the callerID while the case is closed. I see that a new design is out which has this cutout for the WHOLE screen, and also has no keyboard cover. I feel this is too skimpy of a bikini for the Treo, if they come out with a viewable screen model that has lexan or plexi still protecting the screen, I may buy it.

Or I might just do it myself...
    I have one as well, but find it too bulky for daily use. I bought it only for hiking, mountain biking, etc. Normally the treo just goes in my pocked naked as a jaybird.

Mike
    it's the best case ever. use it daily. wouldn't dream of leaving home without out it. survived a HUGE drop on concrete - flew off my waist and the case took the shock 100%. WARNING: DO NOT USE BELT CLIP. it has a known problem of coming loose and you may drop your treo.

Other than that, the hinge is a problem but not because of which side it is on, but because there's only one hinge. shoulda been two.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I'd like to order this case-- the fact that it's protective as well as light-weight is very appealing. My one reservation is the hinge and door; how much does this interfere with typing on a daily basis. Do you get accustomed to it?

And is the cover removeablefrom the hinge?
    Typing is not very comfortable with the case on, at least for me. You can do it, but it's not great. The cover is not removable.

Mike
    Has anyone checked out this aluminum case? http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/ca...bea878f80c7f78

It looks like the keyboard is exposed, and the hinge is above it, so there's no interference with typing.
    Let me refer you to this prior Innopocket Case thread...

I love the case itself, in spite of its foibles. It has protected my Treo from two falls which otherwise would have destroyed it. Right now, however, my main complaint is with the Rivet clip I added, which was supposed to be the end-all to end-all of clips......
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    I'm all thumbs, so I couldn't possibly manage your handiwork with the rivet clip. Please follow up if and when you hear from the manufacturer regarding an updated design.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Has anyone checked out this aluminum case? http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/ca...bea878f80c7f78

It looks like the keyboard is exposed, and the hinge is above it, so there's no interference with typing.
    I have to wonder what you are really going to get with this case. It seems as if they jakked Innopocket's case pictures, excepting the frontal view. Look how the frontal view shows the bottom of the case near the charger/sync port. Then look at the bottom view that shows it headon. Clearly a picture of the Innopocket case and not the case they are selling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    it's the best case ever. use it daily. wouldn't dream of leaving home without out it. survived a HUGE drop on concrete - flew off my waist and the case took the shock 100%. WARNING: DO NOT USE BELT CLIP. it has a known problem of coming loose and you may drop your treo.

Other than that, the hinge is a problem but not because of which side it is on, but because there's only one hinge. shoulda been two.
    Just out of curiousity, where do you live...is it someplace cold where you wear a light jacket almost throughout the year? The reason I am asking is there is no way this case can be that functional in its original form unless a jacket is used a lot, basically as a winter case.

This case is TOO bulky for any respectable professional to wear on their belt or carry in their pants....
    I have detailed files.
    Who said we were respectable?????
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Just out of curiousity, where do you live...is it someplace cold where you wear a light jacket almost throughout the year? The reason I am asking is there is no way this case can be that functional in its original form unless a jacket is used a lot, basically as a winter case.

This case is TOO bulky for any respectable professional to wear on their belt or carry in their pants....
    i don't wear a light jacket when i carry the treo and as you probably know by know, i hate belt clips. i don't wear things on my belt proclaiming to the world that i am some geek who measures his manhood by the number of gadgets i have haha. (i think we all have spoken to the 30 year old who blurts out "my PC with 1GB of RAM, 3.0GHz of processing power overclocked to 3.2Ghz, ati radeon 9800 AIW, see-through case with liquid cooling and 500 W power supply kicks ***!!!!" at any opportune moment)

I can't understand why wearing a gadget on your belt is convenient at all? it looks ugly too. I just slip the treo in the innopocket case in my pocket. works fine for me.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    You are NOT using the Treo instead of the pair of socks you had been stuffing in your pocket have you?

Or maybe... you are just always happy to see everyone
    I have detailed files.
    the bulky case adds to the illusion :P
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic
    I have to wonder what you are really going to get with this case. It seems as if they jakked Innopocket's case pictures, excepting the frontal view. Look how the frontal view shows the bottom of the case near the charger/sync port. Then look at the bottom view that shows it headon. Clearly a picture of the Innopocket case and not the case they are selling.
    It looks like it is now an Innopocket product sold here on TC. Anyone have any experience with it yet??

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=86