1.    #1  
    hi, the ptunes dlx ver2.3 on my treo is making all the apps slow when I am hearing to music. It was not like this before. When I am invoking other apps its hanging for few secs....also I am pressing the lock button atleast 3 times to lock treo. Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks
    You are decoding Mp3s while you try to do other things. Especially if you use high encoding rates, this is normal. It's not a PC.

I have run tests with AeroPlayer, Real Player and pTunes to compare the effect:
    AeroPlayer and pTunes are pretty bad at hogging CPU and making your handheld sluggish
    Real Player while a little under-featured is the least CPU intensive and allows your Treo to be usable for other applications.
    If you are using the Equalizer or the Sound boost it takes a bunch of extra CPU...
    I sent emails to the company and developer previously (a month ago) about the slowness when in equalizer mode and they are aware of it. They are trying to find a better eq plugin if possible.

I have not heard back from them on this in a while so don't get your hopes up.