1.    #1  
    Sorry about the simple question. I'm stuck in a game and cant get out. What is this soft reset that is talked about so much. Also, I cant figure out how to turn the thing off! I press the power button on the top but it just blanks out the screen and this green light keeps blinking when off. Is my Treo 600 broken?
    You soft reset by unscrewing the bottom part of the stylus and sticking the pointy end into the small hole halfway down on the back right side of the treo. They don't shut off. :-)
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Although as AC pointed out, your treo is never completely "off", you can turn off wireless mode, you have to press and hold the top button of the Treo until you see the Goodbye screen. You can then either press the top button or the 4th hard button (right hand side) to turn off the screen. Once wireless mode is off, the LED will not blink.

May help to read the manual as well
    Last edited by scottymomo; 08/04/2004 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Asked and answered before me :)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    I actually read the whole manual. I couldnt find anything about turing it completly off. I'm still learning the ropes with this palm. I must say it boots so FAST!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Also, I cant figure out how to turn the thing off! I press the power button on the top but it just blanks out the screen and this green light keeps blinking when off. Is my Treo 600 broken?
    The LED (where you see the blinkling light from) displays connectivity and battery status. You can turn it off if you want with LEDoff or have it do other sorts of things with Butler.

Enjoy!
    it IS indeed broken - you need to take it back and ask for a new one. That green blinking light means it's about to explode. Hurry!!

(just a quick test to see if I could get you to buy that)
    I can't believe some who supposedly read the manual asked such a question...heck..my manual even shows a diagram how to soft reset. I can alreadt see a very frustrating and poor future for u with a treo.. if I were u, id take it back and get something less complicated like a walkytalky... just kidding.. but DO READ THE MANUAL AGAIN!
  8.    #8  
    ^ lol I read the manual. I must have missed that part. This is the first device that doesnt shut off like normal devices. ::chirp chirp:: :P
    You guys are soo mean. Seriously Blak, you can soft reset by depressing the power button while pushing the reset button. When the screen comes on, just press the up button.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    You guys are soo mean. Seriously Blak, you can soft reset by depressing the power button while pushing the reset button. When the screen comes on, just press the up button.
    Who's mean?? You just told the poor guy how to do a hard reset, losing everything on the device.

Blak if you're looking for good advice your better off calling tech support, there's too many jerks like LordPhong on here trying to take advantage of you. We've all been there before, you'll catch on soon enough. As far as turning the device off, there are two levels of turning it off. If the wireless mode is on, then you press and hold the power button until you hear the tones, telling you it is turning off wireless mode. If you just want to turn the PDA off, just press the power button once. If the screen goes black, it's off.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Blak, like any PDA, the Treo doesn't really "turn off." Yes you can turn the wireless mode on and off, but otherwise it's never truly off. It's always doing things in the background like keeping the time, checking for calendar events/alarms, etc.

A "normal" cell phone can be totally turned off, but the Treo can't since it's also a PDA.
    Actually, that is a HARD reset which will wipe the device. He is asking for a soft reset. Don't do this!

Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680