Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was wondering if it is normal for my treo to continuously be turning itself on without me. I am in a medical center and my service is splotchy for most of the day. Anyway, it bugs me and I was wondering if something is wrong with it..
    i have seen posts here regarding this. a quick search should help you
    Please check this thread: Does your Treo turn on at 3:30 AM?
    I have noticed on occasion when I am in an elevator that blocks the signal that it'll turn itself on. It does not happen that often though. Ben
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwproctor
    I was wondering if it is normal for my treo to continuously be turning itself on without me. I am in a medical center and my service is splotchy for most of the day. Anyway, it bugs me and I was wondering if something is wrong with it..
    Are you using the snapper mail beta...? I just installed it and all of a sudden, the same thing is happening to me, so my guess would be that Snapper mail has something to do with it
    Look at the last lot of programs you installed and remove them. Then install and try each one, one by one. You might be able to find out which one is the offending piece of software causing the turn on. I have found several software programs cause my Treo to go into a continuous softboot or for it to turn on and then stay on. Sometmes it can be a combination of several softwares doing simular tasks like tunr on and off programs for the phone or teh keyguard. Process of elimination is the best meathod of identifying the source of your problem.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Are you using the snapper mail beta...? I just installed it and all of a sudden, the same thing is happening to me, so my guess would be that Snapper mail has something to do with it
    That's interesting - just registered and installed Snappermail v1.9.4, but not the beta version. I had been using the trial version for a little while and decided it was time. By the way, my treo also in the past couple of days has locked up while receiving a call - the only way to stop the ringer was to reset the stupid thing. Is that happening to you also?
    yes...the symptoms that you are mentioning here really sounds like you installed something that is not agreeing with your phone...try the process of elimination like Ancient says.
    Do you have it set to check your email automatically, as opposed to manual send & receive? I think that it turns on when checking email?