1.    #1  
    Yahoo.com used to offer a free POP3 email account. Unfortunately, now they charge for the POP3 account. The free Yahoo accounts today are not POP3. Same with Netzero and Hotmail.

Does anybody know where to get a free POP3 account today?

Thanks.
    hotpop.com
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    www.myrealbox.com

oops - apparently they're not taking new users... sorry!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Not sure who your carrier is, but with Sprint they give you a free POP3 account when you have their web service. You might look into something similar.
    I use this:
    SoftHome.net
    Don't pay for PC games that don't have a quicksave option. If developers can't be bothered, why should you?
    don't you have internet service at home? They give atleast one, and now to be competitive usually give many...

-WC-
    i use hotpop.com its great
    i used to use softhome..not anymore, got a little fed up with it
    Can hotpop pick up my hotmail account so that I can access it on the Treo? I can't seem to see any info about that on the hotpop site, so I'm thinking its unlikely... Trying to access to my hotmail on the Treo is proving to be quite a headache. I keep finding suggestions, like Fastmail and Gopherking or Corsoft Aileron but they all end up in dead-ends where you have to subscribe.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marietta
    Can hotpop pick up my hotmail account so that I can access it on the Treo? I can't seem to see any info about that on the hotpop site, so I'm thinking its unlikely... Trying to access to my hotmail on the Treo is proving to be quite a headache. I keep finding suggestions, like Fastmail and Gopherking or Corsoft Aileron but they all end up in dead-ends where you have to subscribe.
    You don't have to pay anything for Fastmail - their basic account is free and will download your hotmail account every 3 hours or so. (more frequently if you buy a subscription, which, by the way, are pretty cheap)
    Anyway, with FastMail's basic (free) service you will need an IMAP client on the Treo to access it. Chatter is the cheapest at only $20. (that's a one-time fee, not a subscription)

On a more personal level, have you ever considered just dumping your hotmail account? I used to use hotmail for years, but couldn't be happier since I switched last year. Hotmail is so slow and unreliable. (and spam filled, for me anyway)