Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    because both models has very similar spec, capability, same OS, and in the same price range.
    You are kidding right? Does that mean every new phone from MOTO running the MS OS is a replacement to the other units? Does that apply to Nokia and the Symbia OS? Every smart phone has similar specs and are in the same price range.

What I suspect will happen is the 600 will have its price reduced to current levels (est $250) before incentives and the Ace will take the top end price point recently vacated by the 600. These phones are different enough in terms of the upgrades to warrant keeping both. Just like they did with the 270/3000 and 600.

BigTex
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    The latest issue of Playboy has a great picture of the Motorola MPx ... no Treo...not the old one, not the new one.

Section called "What's happening, where its happening and who's making it happen"

They also show the Nokia 7610, the Samsung SCH-a790, and Sony Ericsson S700
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    These phones are different enough in terms of the upgrades to warrant keeping both. Just like they did with the 270/3000 and 600.
    But they didn't.

Check out slide/page 13 :

-- http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...erence5604.pdf

It shows that production/shipping pretty much stopped dead for the prior models a half year before the 600 was released.
    Your indignation is rather telling. How do you expect anyone to believe you are doing anything beyond blowing smoke? You tell us you have seen and touched the current "Holy Grail", but you can offer no proof. You hide behind the concept of getting yourself or someone else fired. Friend Hog, I would no longer worry about the job issue. If P1 is going to target all leaks, you or your friend are now on the hit list based on the fact that you have revealed any information at all. I would assume they keep track of everyone who has seen early prototypes, and it is likely they would know who you or your insider friend would be. Personally, I think you are not on the up and up.

Feel free to crow (or snort or oink) when Ace comes out in October or November or whenever. I would be surprised if it didn't. It seems likely that the specs Miradu published in the now-famous article will be very close to the final product. I think the image he posted is legitimate due mainly to the new curvature of the keyboard layout, which would be very hard to cobble up with Photoshop. I don't have SeldomVisitor's vast knowledge of how product cycles work, but it seems reasonable that P1 would come up with a new model roughly one year after the last.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    man, you guys dont stop. im shutting up now, even the most absurd and assumption filled retort will not bring me back. ill just drop by for a "told you so" in october, until then, keep guessing guys..
    see ya
    man, you guys dont stop. im shutting up now, even the most absurd and assumption filled retort will not bring me back. ill just drop by for a "told you so" in october, until then, keep guessing guys..
    bye bye
    if you come back for a "I told ya so", just make sure you are ready for the opposite...
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    But they didn't.

Check out slide/page 13 :

-- http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...erence5604.pdf

It shows that production/shipping pretty much stopped dead for the prior models a half year before the 600 was released.
    Actually the slide in questions shows sales, NOT production. It stands to reason that the sales of the 270/300 died since the 600 was an major revision in-terms of fuctionality etc that rendered the 270/300 obsolete. Like comparing an IBM 8086 to a modern top-of the line IBM desktop. With the ACE you have a significant upgrade but not enough to render the 600 obsolete.

BTW I think you just confirmed that you are also posting under the handle SUSKIND

Why the hell I am wasting my time trying to preach to a troll I will never know.....You are now BOTH on my IGNORE list.

BigTex
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    BTW I think you just confirmed that you are also posting under the handle SUSKIND
    I just confirmed you are as clever as a wet sock.
    Hey, Tex!

Can you elaborate on your evidence for SV and Suskind being related? I have done a spot check on some of their posts (SV has been very prolific...), and while some of the commentary is somewhat similar, the styles differ considerably.

I am still on the trail of spacehog. I have nothing definate yet, but his style is a little remniscent of another VERY prolific poster... In deference to Miradu and the pain we put him through with one of these little battles, I won't post my guess until and unless I am absolutely convinced.
    Anybody mind if I fuel the fire?

I have a "friend of a friend" that works at P1. He gave me NO details of the new treo. No features, no release date. Nothing.

The only tidbit I was given is that it will exist and that "It rocks."

Why do I believe this? Because they would not give me ANY details. That makes sense. I begged him to leak some info, but I doubt I'll get any.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Hey, Tex!

Can you elaborate on your evidence for SV and Suskind being related? I have done a spot check on some of their posts (SV has been very prolific...), and while some of the commentary is somewhat similar, the styles differ considerably.

I am still on the trail of spacehog. I have nothing definate yet, but his style is a little remniscent of another VERY prolific poster... In deference to Miradu and the pain we put him through with one of these little battles, I won't post my guess until and unless I am absolutely convinced.
    split personalities
    hey dalai lama (i couldnt resist posting, something about being accused of being a liar by ignorant and paranoid skeptics), im located somewhere in the middle east and my ip address has something to do with "internet city". just making things easier for you, you sneaky devil trying to identify me

and for good measure, if u wish, i can pm you my exact details and send you an email from an address which will reveal my identity, on the condition that you're mature and responsible enough to delete it once youre done dissecting it/pinging it/whosing it. im not showing you pictures, thats totally out of the question, but i do want to prove to you (so then you in turn can attest to the tough crowd here) that im totaly legitimate. let me know via pm...
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    hey dalai lama (i couldnt resist posting, something about being accused of being a liar by ignorant and paranoid skeptics), im located somewhere in the middle east and my ip address has something to do with "internet city". just making things easier for you, you sneaky devil trying to identify me

and for good measure, if u wish, i can pm you my exact details and send you an email from an address which will reveal my identity, on the condition that you're mature and responsible enough to delete it once youre done dissecting it/pinging it/whosing it. im not showing you pictures, thats totally out of the question, but i do want to prove to you (so then you in turn can attest to the tough crowd here) that im totaly legitimate. let me know via pm...
    seek and all shall be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    I just confirmed you are as clever as a wet sock.
    Lol!

Well, he WAS wrong about simultaneous 300s and 600s so it's not surprising he's wrong about that, too.

But that's okay - these boards are full of people who are full of it!

Giggle.
    Actually the slide in questions shows sales, NOT production.
    Indeed. Production stopped BEFORE sales (sell-in) did - totally reinforcing the counterargument to your post.
    It stands to reason that the sales of the 270/300 died since the 600
    was an major revision in-terms of fuctionality etc that rendered the 270/300
    obsolete.
    No.

The slide dramatically shows the death of sales of the prior models a full half year (minimally!) before the TREO 600 began sales.

Let us not forget what you said that the slide disproves:
    These phones are different enough in terms of the upgrades to warrant keeping both. Just like they did with the 270/3000 and 600.
    But wait!

You're not reading this!

Nevermind!

(or is that "closed mind"?...)
    Can you elaborate on your evidence for SV and Suskind being related?
    To quote myself:

== Who gives a ****!?

No kidding.

The posts, not posters, are the important thing.

If ALL the posts on this board are written by miradu as a supreme facade, who cares!?

If someone scores brownie points using 500 IDs or if someone simply is an irritation using 500 IDs, who cares?

No kidding whatsoever.
    GalenMD, you my friend are the type of person we need in these forums! It would be irresponsible for us to assume that Palm1 has no future product plans. It would be irresponsible for any Palm1 employee, supplier, distibutor or member of the press to divulge any information and I do not trust those that say they have inside info.

I have conversed with a Sprint employee and she said a new Treo was due out then admitted it was from us the users that she gained her information NOT FROM SPRINT ITSELF. Another time I was in a Sprint store and an employee was speaking with another avid Treo owner who asked about the new version and he said (and quite properly so) that they are not given advance information on new products.

My point is this. There will be a "new" device announced when the market is right, then the device is ready and the cell phone carriers decide they need a spike in sales of handsets and need to shore up their client base and not a moment before. Palm1, by entering into the phone business, has changed their business model to being dependent on not consumers buying their products through distribution by the Best Buys and Circuit City sales models to one which is dependent on the cell phone industries distribution model which is sell and gain commitment for 12-24 months then provide a product to entice them to renew at that time. The new Treo feature set will not be defined by you and I. It will be defined by the technologies available, FCC approvals of the product and (most importantly to Palm1) the cell phone carriers themselves since if Sprint, Cingular (also ATT now) and Verizon do not support the sales of these products they have warehouses full of product and no market. There is a simple rule of marketing called "The 4 P's" - Price, Product, Promotion and Place. Without the carriers Palm1 is missing price, promotion and place.

Sorry this soapbox is getting to be such a familiar place for me to be these days but I am dismayed by the direction these boards have taken with the new product rumors and I am not going to sit here and let people be swayed into not making a product decision based upon said rumors. It is not good for the Treo community, it is not good for Treo Central, it is not good for Palm1 nor the cell carriers.

What do you think, guys? Should I take him up on it, or just let it go? We can assume he is a legitimate poster, whatever that means, but I still have to question his credibility on this issue. I also have to wonder how someone in the Middle East might have better access to such information than those of us here in the States... Personally, I would want a photo or SOMETHING for proof; what would the rest of the gang like to see?

And, by the way, SV, I am NOT Miradu!!!!!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    What do you think, guys? Should I take him up on it, or just let it go? We can assume he is a legitimate poster, whatever that means, but I still have to question his credibility on this issue. I also have to wonder how someone in the Middle East might have better access to such information than those of us here in the States... Personally, I would want a photo or SOMETHING for proof; what would the rest of the gang like to see?

And, by the way, SV, I am NOT Miradu!!!!!
    Its entirely up to you but I think that this person has wasted alot of our time and energy debating this with him and others...so If you feel compelled to do it, then go ahead and put an end to him. If he turns out to be a fraud, he will just pop up under a different name to do the same thing again...so its entirely up to you. Really the only thing you have to gain is you get to retire his screen name.

My opinion

rob
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast