Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Ok, now this is literally funny that we have a poster with a total of 5 posts saying he or she has "had it for the weekend"...I wonder if this is an "********" like post that will now come back and retract the original statements and revise the level of contact they really had and then become less sure of the timeframe and then less so of the specs and then disappear when found to be the fraud they are and after they have gotten their thrill of making those on this site beckon for their attention to be the first to learn more. If we are stupid enough to believe that someone had an ACE and did not take a picture of it over a weekend then we deserve to be laughed at by said prankster. Proof please or post no more on the subject Spacehog is what I would like to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Dunn
    From what the rep said, it will be double. Of course, there hand built and have not gone into production, so anything can change. It's also possbile he has the wrong info. I guess will have to wait and see what the final product shows up as.
    The "double ram" could be the non-volatile back up memory so that you don't need to sync to save your data. In any event, we need Hawkins to walk around with one in hand at some cool event so we can really start drooling (remember the guy who published the paper cutout mock-up from the Hawkins photo).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Hi all,

I use iPAQs all day at work, but am still a die-hard Treo fan.. can't wait for the ACE!

But my Treo270 has just died (just the fliplid actually) and I was just wondering if anyone out there had one sitting idly in a drawer?
    The idea I was thinking was that I could donate say US$50 to the charity of your choice, forward the receipt to you. So you turn junk into something useful, and I survive for a few more months until the Ace comes out..

Anyone interested?
    Cheers,
    James
    (Sydney, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Ok, now this is literally funny that we have a poster with a total of 5 posts saying he or she has "had it for the weekend"...I wonder if this is an "********" like post that will now come back and retract the original statements and revise the level of contact they really had and then become less sure of the timeframe and then less so of the specs and then disappear when found to be the fraud they are and after they have gotten their thrill of making those on this site beckon for their attention to be the first to learn more. If we are stupid enough to believe that someone had an ACE and did not take a picture of it over a weekend then we deserve to be laughed at by said prankster. Proof please or post no more on the subject Spacehog is what I would like to say.

And here I thought I was the only one who looked at the post number under a name.

I find it odd that many of the "I have the real specs" & "I have the latest info on the ACE" posts come from people who have obviously not posted here before.

But Gharrod, at least spacehog has 5 posts...some of the other Treo ACE informants have only 2.

Personally, I ignore ACE informants with less then 100 posts.
    some proof would be great.....
    Quote Originally Posted by dyun1dyun1
    http://sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php...rticle&sid=536

The guys claims to be a Sprint employee.

"Just something to chew on"
    OK, so the picture of the Treo ACE on this page is a mock up, but at least it looks like the Treo pictured in that sprint promotional slide.

If this is indeed the new Treo, I can't wait to get my hands on that keyboard! They made some smart changes.

Although the guy states Octoer, my guess (FWIW) is that PalmOne/Sprint will do their best to get it in stores by Christmas.
    go.digital
    my purchase of this device hinders on the specifications...
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    And here I thought I was the only one who looked at the post number under a name.

I find it odd that many of the "I have the real specs" & "I have the latest info on the ACE" posts come from people who have obviously not posted here before.

But Gharrod, at least spacehog has 5 posts...some of the other Treo ACE informants have only 2.

Our company has only used the Treo’s for about 3 months now. From that time I have been watching this forum for any possible ideas on some of the issues that we have run into. Up until this time, I felt that I had nothing to contribute back to the group so never need to registered. Then when I talked with my rep and got that info, I decided I should share it with the group.

Like I said, take it for what it’s worth. Looks like I will be getting my own Treo here soon, but of course will most likely wait for the “ACE”….
    Quote Originally Posted by dyun1dyun1
    http://sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php...rticle&sid=536

The guys claims to be a Sprint employee.

"Just something to chew on"
    Great picture. Really like the keyboard layout on the Ace. I thought original pictures had the Green/Red Send/End buttons above the 5-way but this layout looks much better with the Send/End buttons being the Phone app and Screen off buttons on the T600 and App & Menu becoming the small buttons above the 5-way

Just like this layout much better. Also I wonder if it will interchangeable covers?

Also October release on Sprint don't know what that means for GSM.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad
    Great picture. Really like the keyboard layout on the Ace. I thought original pictures had the Green/Red Send/End buttons above the 5-way but this layout looks much better with the Send/End buttons being the Phone app and Screen off buttons on the T600 and App & Menu becoming the small buttons above the 5-way

Just like this layout much better. Also I wonder if it will interchangeable covers?

Also October release on Sprint don't know what that means for GSM.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Here's the pic originally posted to compare...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was wrong same layout, just clearer in new picture.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    my purchase of this device hinders on the specifications...
    It may very well "hinge" on it as well!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    OK, I am laughing loudly now that we aparently have two different version of ACE pictures floating around with different keyboard/key configurations and they are supposedly both from inside sources. How about the guy who claimed he had one over the weekend in a thread but didn't think to take pictures...maybe he has a different configuration then these two?
    OK, I am laughing loudly now that we aparently have two different version of ACE pictures floating around with different keyboard/key configurations and they are supposedly both from inside sources. How about the guy who claimed he had one over the weekend in a thread but didn't think to take pictures...maybe he has a different configuration then these two?
    These printuser group pic appeared within days after June 24th when I snagged the original jpeg and michael wrote the pulled article. (as near as I can remember)
    If you look closely they are of the same keyboard layout, I just thought they were different. The image in my post is just a lot clearer

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    I did look closely at them and you are right. I see that now but I will state I am having trouble seeing the new button above the calander on the powerpoint picture that some have posted. The one above e-mail is easily seen but the other one does not appear there or clearly seen if it is.
  17. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet

My first reaction to your post was, "what a retarded snob". Then I noticed that you have only 44 posts. So, I have decided to take your advice and ignore your next 55 posts.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    My first reaction to your post was, "what a retarded snob". Then I noticed that you have only 44 posts. So, I have decided to take your advice and ignore your next 55 posts.
    Hub,
    You have to look at our point of view. We have people here posting all the time, speculating about technology to come, discussing what they would like to see and what they dont want to see, then you have some unknown come in and say they have all the answers and "you'll just have to wait and see" or "I was playing with the Ace this weekend and it was great but I cant share anything with you".

This was the case with some clown that said he had bluetooth drivers that worked for the Treo but couldnt share them with anyone. Turns out, he had nothing and was just trying to stir the pot. He only had 5 posts.

So pardon us for being a little perturbed when some hotshot comes in an knows all the answers to questions that have been speculated about for months, spanning 100's - 1000's of posts.

We are just tired of the crap and would appreciate it that if they truly do have the answers and are not allowed to share it, then keep your piehole shut!

Just my opinion

Rob
    well said
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Why does everyone here assume the ACE is a 600 replacement? P1 said they would have a family of TREOs. I am confident that the Ace will be the top-end and the 600 the mid-rande to entry level. Both will be avail for sale at the same time. P1 likes multiple products and multiple price ponts.
    BigTex
    because both models has very similar spec, capability, same OS, and in the same price range.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast