Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Surely you folks all know that suskind is the infamous Ska, originally seen on PalmInfoCenter, I believe. This guy obviously has huge amounts of Microsoft stock as he spends all his time trolling Palm boards telling people how silly they are to be using Palm equipment. The fact that gobs of people love their Palm devices, the fact that they've tried the PPC variety and hated it, the fact that people continue to buy new Palm devices, means absolutely nothing.

You will not "win" an argument with this guy because as soon as you prove him wrong, he doesn't acknowledge it, he just moves to a different point (most likely also wrong). He challenges you to back up your statements then, when you do, he changes topics.

Don't feed this troll. It is a meaningless exercise. There is no logic going on behind the scenes here to which you can appeal. This is a pure fanatic who sees nothing but Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft.

Go ask the folks at PalmInfoCenter about Ska and see what they say.

LOL! Yeah, I'm a regular poster as PIC and think I've made hundred of posts there arguing with Ska's FUD. (I actually have most posts there then here! ) He's a well known troll on various palmie boards. In fact, he should be quite familiar to treocentral users as the infamous "purpleX" from a year ago...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyone
    is it possible to use 2 palm desktop on different computer and sync it on one treo600. im asking for possibility for my assistant to input stuff on her computer and me also inputing stuff on my desktop and sync it on my treo. this is for my assistant to input schedules and contacts for me but not in my computer. thank

P.s. if not is there a 3rd party software avilable
    Yes, I do this using Lotus Organizer over my firm's network. This program allows you to keep the PIM on your computer completely up to date with your secretary's, automatically. Entries are changed immediately. I then sync my treo with organizer using the conduit supplied with Organizer.

This program was effortless to set up and relatively inexpensive, as no other software is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Hengeem/Ska/Suskind/whatever your name is
    Pardon for delayed response, I'm not following this thread anymore - THIS response is a prime example of why I'm not following this thread (except on slow Saturday mornings!).

Uh...I am SeldomVisitor here and somewhere else I forget - maybe PalmInfocenter or PDABuzz (or both!). For that other board the ID actually makes sense! If you see a post by "Hengeem" here then you are reading a post by an obsessed fan of mine, not me (Hurry! Get it now! You, too, can be an obsessed fan by anonymously mimicing an anonymous poster in an attempt to denigrate that poster because you are unable to address his posts! Go for it!!).

I am Hengeem on Yahoo's stock boards - used to be Hengeema but that ID broke when I STOOOPIDLY asked Yahoo to give me a new password during a period when Yahoo's boards were flaking out and I thought I'd try that to see if it unflaked them, forgetting that I had moved on from the email address that Yahoo had on-file for me thus the changed password was sent off into the ether never to be seen again - dead account! Oopsie! This:

-- http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bb...on=m&mid=14269

might be my very first post about PLMO's predecessor!

Do you like "hengeem", the imaginative replacement I came up with? On Yahoo there are numerous "hengeem" clones such as "hengem", "hengeern", "hergeem", etc - some obviously done by the same obsessed fan, others by a diverse but still obsessed group of obsessed fans - pretty amazing how those with financial positions in various companies can get crazy - hey! Do YOU have a financial position in PLMO?

I am InfrequentVisitor (or is it FrequentVisitor? I forget! If it's "frequent..." then I was making a joke about THIS board's ID..) on some other TREO message board - have no idea which one (is there one called "treomb" or something?).

I am OhYeah on The Motley Fool's boards. Got that ID because the "ID creation" part of TMF kept on saying that random IDs I was picking to join up (like "T98654") had already been taken. In frustration I finally simply typed in "OhYeah?" and it took!

On Raging Bull I am RealOhYeah or something like that because some obsessed fan of mine on TMF created the OhYeah account on Raging Bull before I could get to it. I don't think I've ever posted on Raging Bull nor have I even read it for years - didn't like the message board style, I think I remember.

But here on TreoCentral I'm simply SeldomVisitor. You'll have to come up with some other reason to knock my posts other than ID - sorry.

BTW - if any TreoCentral staffer has the power to do so they can go ahead and compare IP addresses for me and any other poster past, present, or future and say (no more than) "Nope, not the same" or "Yup, the same" since they already set the precedent of revealing such info!

But who gives a flying ****?

Giggle.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 08/21/2004 at 06:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Of course that's assuming P1 releases Cobalt devices this year...
    Or at all - don't forget the (on topic!) rumors of NON-PalmOS PalmOne devices!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Pardon for delayed response, I'm not following this thread anymore - THIS response is a prime example of why I'm not following this thread (except on slow Saturday mornings!).

Uh...I am SeldomVisitor here and somewhere else I forget - maybe PalmInfocenter or PDABuzz (or both!). For that other board the ID actually makes sense! If you see a post by "Hengeem" here then you are reading a post by an obsessed fan of mine, not me (Hurry! Get it now! You, too, can be an obsessed fan by anonymously mimicing an anonymous poster in an attempt to denigrate that poster because you are unable to address his posts! Go for it!!).

I am Hengeem on Yahoo's stock boards - used to be Hengeema but that ID broke when I STOOOPIDLY asked Yahoo to give me a new password during a period when Yahoo's boards were flaking out and I thought I'd try that to see if it unflaked them, forgetting that I had moved on from the email address that Yahoo had on-file for me thus the changed password was sent off into the ether never to be seen again - dead account! Oopsie! This:

-- http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bb...on=m&mid=14269

might be my very first post about PLMO's predecessor!

Do you like "hengeem", the imaginative replacement I came up with? On Yahoo there are numerous "hengeem" clones such as "hengem", "hengeern", "hergeem", etc - some obviously done by the same obsessed fan, others by a diverse but still obsessed group of obsessed fans - pretty amazing how those with financial positions in various companies can get crazy - hey! Do YOU have a financial position in PLMO?

I am InfrequentVisitor (or is it FrequentVisitor? I forget! If it's "frequent..." then I was making a joke about THIS board's ID..) on some other TREO message board - have no idea which one (is there one called "treomb" or something?).

I am OhYeah on The Motley Fool's boards. Got that ID because the "ID creation" part of TMF kept on saying that random IDs I was picking to join up (like "T98654") had already been taken. In frustration I finally simply typed in "OhYeah?" and it took!

On Raging Bull I am RealOhYeah or something like that because some obsessed fan of mine on TMF created the OhYeah account on Raging Bull before I could get to it. I don't think I've ever posted on Raging Bull nor have I even read it for years - didn't like the message board style, I think I remember.

But here on TreoCentral I'm simply SeldomVisitor. You'll have to come up with some other reason to knock my posts other than ID - sorry.

BTW - if any TreoCentral staffer has the power to do so they can go ahead and compare IP addresses for me and any other poster past, present, or future and say (no more than) "Nope, not the same" or "Yup, the same" since they already set the precedent of revealing such info!

But who gives a flying ****?

Giggle.

You don't need to respond to this type of questioning...nor do you need to give any alias from any other board. You are entitled to your privacy and you probably reported far more than I would have ever done.

Just ignore and more on as I always say.

This thread has become a witch hunt. I myself questioned early on the validity of some of the posts. But really dont care. All I asked was that if you're lying about something, keep your pie hole shut (my exact words). At this point, this thread has turned into some type of human sacrifice discussion.

Either keep the discussion to the nature of what it was originally created for, or move on...

Just my 2 cents

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    All I asked was that if you're lying about something, keep your pie hole shut (my exact words).
    rob
    Actually, I think you said "cake hole."

Either one works for me and I agree with you on this.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Actually, I think you said "cake hole."

Either one works for me and I agree with you on this.
    No, I really did say Pie Hole! (I think I wrote it just like that), I went back to double check, but thanks anyway, although I do tend to enjoy cake over pie but thats a whole other discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    No, I really did say Pie Hole! (I think I wrote it just like that), I went back to double check, but thanks anyway, although I do tend to enjoy cake over pie but thats a whole other discussion
    Sorry about that -- must have read a thread with cake hole in somewhere.

No problem! Perhaps we can continue this discussion of cake v. pie, taking this thread WAY off topic and the mods will lock it.

Whaddya say?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    LOL! Yeah, I'm a regular poster as PIC and think I've made hundred of posts there arguing with Ska's FUD. (I actually have most posts there then here! ) He's a well known troll on various palmie boards. In fact, he should be quite familiar to treocentral users as the infamous "purpleX" from a year ago...
    really? nice.
    Does it mean treo ACE doesn't suck?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This thread has deteriated from interesting rumor to personal attacks. Rumors are just that, unconfirmable until official anouncements. Why do people insist on attacking each other and claiming lofty things like stock price manipulation? Most of the world probally has no idea that this board even exists.

What I do know is that P1 is due torelease a product this fall. I have seen this from too many sources to think it won't happen. Maybe it will slip into winter but I am confidant it will. What we do not "know" but suspect is that it will be the Ace.

Until then we have out T600s and should enjoy the technology. I still believe it is the state of the art for a converged device. It may not have the specs of the new HP but I believeit is the best balence of PDA and phone ever. I bet the the Ace willcontinue to be the best blend of form,function, and price. The Motorola will be aserious threat but the price wll likely be high and it's usabilty remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Or at all - don't forget the (on topic!) rumors of NON-PalmOS PalmOne devices!
    Oh c'mon that's not going to happen. What would P1 gain by using WM2003SE in the current overcrowed marketplace? That was just a rumor imo to emphasize the split and indepence of the two palms. Regardless, I don't see P1 using an alternative platform anytime soon...

However back to Cobalt, I'ld be very suprised if we didn't see any new devices this year...in fact appalled! It's been over 8 months since PalmSource released Cobalt to lisencees and like everyone else, I'm terribly tired of waiting around! However, if I had to guess, I think PalmOne's fall lineup could possible look something like this:

PDA's

Zire 21 - low end, remains the same

Zire 31 - P1 just released this spring, too soon for update. Remains same

TE2 - 320x320 rez + BT w/PalmOS 5.4? Nearly year since TE released.

Z72 - stay same. Released this spring.

TT4 - Dual SD +ATI chip (a la Zod?) w/Coblat. Perhaps dual wireless?. Last palmie with PUC.

TC2? - Ancient, over 18 months since release. Not sure if P1 will update, but dual wireless, dual slot and Cobalt would be nice. Heck, maybe P1 will suprise us and release a triwireless Cobalt TC2?

Smartphones

Treo 600 - will remain avaiable on some wireless providers like Verizon...

Treo 600WOC - No cam version

Treo Ace (650) - update T600 as leaked spec indicate. PalmOS Garnet (5.4)

Treo Ace WOC - seams reasonable to have no cam version imo

That's what I think we'll probably see...but whatta I know! The TC2 is probably the lease likely imo. Also I would love to believe the "Family or Treos" as Bradley alluded to earlier this year, but I doubt P1 will release something by end of this year. However, I'ld be willing to wager a Cobalt Treo is already on the drawing boards and that an uber inexpensive low-end Treo (perhaps sans keyboard) is also on the way...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What would P1 gain by using WM2003SE in the current overcrowed marketplace?
    There are more operating systems out there than PalmOS and Windows...
    It's amazing that this thread has received 30,000 views and is hopelessly off topic!

We should take this conversation somewhere new, such as to politics. Who thinks Kerry's u-boat experience was for real?
    Oh c'mon that's not going to happen. What would P1 gain by using WM2003SE in the current overcrowed marketplace? That was just a rumor imo to emphasize the split and indepence of the two palms. Regardless, I don't see P1 using an alternative platform anytime soon...

oh mygawd, you are so right.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=440443

(ya think treo 600 can survive without a scratch against 6300?)

PS. treo 600 CDMA is so dead when the 6700 is out. That ACE thing better be out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    oh mygawd, you are so right.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=440443

(ya think treo 600 can survive without a scratch against 6300?)

PS. treo 600 CDMA is so dead when the 6700 is out. That ACE thing better be out soon.

LOL! Oh, after seeing this pic, I see what you mean!

http://worldofppc.com/HWTests/6340.htm

Btw, what's this about the 6700 your blathering about? CDMA ver? The Daxian's still better than this...

LOL! Oh, after seeing this pic, I see what you mean!

http://worldofppc.com/HWTests/6340.htm

Btw, what's this about the 6700 your blathering about? CDMA ver? The Daxian's still better than this...

actually that was a sarcasm. If you notice the 6300 is about as tall, but wider to accomodate the 3.5 inch screen. Overall it's the size of h1900/ exact same as h2210, definitely smaller than Zire 72.

h6700 on the otherhand will be VERY small. I seriusly doubt palmone can match that size even 2 years from now. (the small 2.8 inch is in very lmited supply)

h6700, is HP rebranded LG SC8000. There is two sets of picture of it with sprint logo/hp floating around the net. Xsclae/WiFi/SD/sliding numerical pad, no BT.
    h6700. (aka, treo is so toast gadget)

http://www.ipaqabilities.com/iaforum...opic.php?t=281
    why doesnt the trolls here understand that the 2 top criteria for people choosing a smartphone on this forum is palm os and alphanumeric thumbpad.
    no thumbpad = yuck, pocketpc base = even yuckier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms
    why doesnt the trolls here understand that the 2 top criteria for people choosing a smartphone on this forum is palm os and alphanumeric thumbpad.
    no thumbpad = yuck, pocketpc base = even yuckier.
    thumbpad = grafitti area for the '04.
    Remember when all palmieheads scream virtual graffiti is not the way for inputing PDA because it will scratch the screen? Then come Tungsten 3 and Sony, suddenly every palmie heads rave how great virtual handwriting input is the only way to go because larger screen viewing and user can change input software.

We'll see if candy bar with mini thumpad is the best form factor for phone. Or is it clamshell MPX, sliding tumbpad, detachable thumbpad, or numerical pad is the favorite form factor.

Non Palm OS? All marketshare data indicates Palm OS is the one bleeding massively and not growing.
    Hi all,
    I was doing some Internet searches on the Treo and came upon this page. After reading through all 16 pages and having seen SpaceHog's credibility vouched for by the frequent and respected poster, Dalai Lama, I guess I believe the Treo 650/ACE should be coming out soon. So, I guess my questions are these:
    1. Is it worth waiting to buy a Treo? For the 650?
    2. Or wait to buy a 600 when the price probably goes down with a superior piece of equipment hitting the shelves?
    3. Wait for a Bluetooth enabled Treo type phone?
    4. What was the deleted info by SpaceHog?!?!

I currently have a Nokie 3650 which serves me well as I Sync my Powerbook with Address Book and iCal. I also use the BT to transfer pictures back and forth. I miss having a PDA, as I have stopped using my Palm 3 because the pockets get full with the larger size of the Nokia 3650. Anyhow, syncing with my laptop is a must and I have lots of calendar items, so what is best for me? I'm currently using T-Mobile and a Treo 600 would be like $500 :/ My 1 year contract has been up for a few months so I'm debating whether to wait for a "new" Treo to hit the market or find a cellular provider that gives a good deal on the Treo 600.

Thanks in advance...