Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    I talked to John Smith, the manager at the Sprint store down on Main St. and he said the Treo 900 is coming out in two weeks!

Sorry, I can't give you the phone number, he told me not to tell anyone or he would get fired.

and would that be main st. usa, the store i went to was 123 fake st in springfield
    Last edited by Treoguy1234; 08/20/2004 at 12:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    that would be the most understatement of the year.
    MPX projected cost is under $500. Battery is already better than treo600. Sorry, try again.
    Maybe Brighthand is way off but I think they said "expect In Europe, it will cost 749 euros, which converts to about $930 U.S. Of course, this is the cost before any subsidy from a wireless carrier. "

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Mo...ite=SmartPhone

What carrier is going to subsidise $430 + for a headset?
    Is there any information on the durability of the hinge assembly? Seems to me this could be the weak point of the case design itself.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nunzio
    WiFi is currently in transition to 802.11g/a and incorporating standards based security. I have yet to see a consumer PDA get this right yet. The benifits if WiFi on this devise today geven the true 3g is rolling out are minimal. PalmOne may be forced to incorporate it soon, and I believe it is possible, but I think the battery penalties and above make it less worth it then it would seem on the surface.
    1. WiFi is here, 3G is NOT. There are a lot more WIFi hot spots than there are 3G transceiver.
    2. WiFi is compatible with g/a/n
    3. You don't know 'consumer PDA' from a chihuahua when it bites your behind, let alone 'get it right'
    4. Keep spinning and pretend like you don't need WiFi tho' You gonna need it in the coming month.

The Current TREO also has java but not Java Script in Blazer. I can't remenber when I wanted to send a multimendia file from my phone.
    like I say, better keep pretending hard you don't need them. Cause treo 600 doesn't have a) WiFi for fast multimedia download b) incomplete multimedia support c) POS still can't do multimedia right. Wanna send quickie video? emergency video conferencing? sending various audio/vido files? ... (oh, but I only use my phone for checking address)

This is a buisness tool that allows me to check my e-mail, surf the web, and such.
    oh, so now, suddenly it's 'business tool' lol. Nevermind 100% of business establishment has WiFi in their network.

And I will take the search feature on the TREO over anything MS puts out. I know I tries and that is why I have a TREO. The other current crop of MS crap was bloated and not user friendly.
    really? can you do global note search on you PIM yet? (oopps, so much for 'highly integrated PIM'

By the way I can use a GPS mouse.
    wow, with dongle and stuff. impressive. Very retro.
    (So let me get it straight, that dongle feature is more convinient than BT GPS or WiFi capability?)

The battery on the MPX will need to deal with the added Wifi radio. The output on these radios is higher then on WAN/PAN and battery management is critical. It is not battery capasity that matters but wthe work profile. Many consumer grade PDA's only get 3-4 hour real battery life with Wifi enabled.
    oh not the official party line again:
    -we don't need no stinkin' WiFi until it can run 24hrs continuously.
    -who on earth use WiFi for convinient sake while on the move for 10-20 minutes. That's absurd. Who want to use WiFi hotspots like that? WiFi is for 5hrs straight movie streaming! Nobody use WiFi for checking email and browse the web while traveling.
    -Plus, who wants to create wifi connection with notebook or desktop? That is absolutely useless.

*yawn*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Is there any information on the durability of the hinge assembly? Seems to me this could be the weak point of the case design itself.
    It's more durable than treo600 SD slot door.

PS. isn't treo600 screen exposed? that seems fragile to me. Wanna duke it out? we drop treo 600 face first against folded MPX. Which one you think will come out alive after 5 tries?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    You posted a link where an unreleased phone can be pre-ordered
    Tell that to bunch of people who already babbling about their phone at Modaco.

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?...ca1e68da074531
    Surely you folks all know that suskind is the infamous Ska, originally seen on PalmInfoCenter, I believe. This guy obviously has huge amounts of Microsoft stock as he spends all his time trolling Palm boards telling people how silly they are to be using Palm equipment. The fact that gobs of people love their Palm devices, the fact that they've tried the PPC variety and hated it, the fact that people continue to buy new Palm devices, means absolutely nothing.

You will not "win" an argument with this guy because as soon as you prove him wrong, he doesn't acknowledge it, he just moves to a different point (most likely also wrong). He challenges you to back up your statements then, when you do, he changes topics.

Don't feed this troll. It is a meaningless exercise. There is no logic going on behind the scenes here to which you can appeal. This is a pure fanatic who sees nothing but Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft.

Go ask the folks at PalmInfoCenter about Ska and see what they say.
    And I thought he was Seldom Visitor.. or Hegeem... are they ALL the same person?
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    1. WiFi is here, 3G is NOT. There are a lot more WIFi hot spots than there are 3G transceiver.
    2. WiFi is compatible with g/a/n
    3. You don't know 'consumer PDA' from a chihuahua when it bites your behind, let alone 'get it right'
    4. Keep spinning and pretend like you don't need WiFi tho' You gonna need it in the coming month.

like I say, better keep pretending hard you don't need them. Cause treo 600 doesn't have a) WiFi for fast multimedia download b) incomplete multimedia support c) POS still can't do multimedia right. Wanna send quickie video? emergency video conferencing? sending various audio/vido files? ... (oh, but I only use my phone for checking address)

oh, so now, suddenly it's 'business tool' lol. Nevermind 100% of business establishment has WiFi in their network.

really? can you do global note search on you PIM yet? (oopps, so much for 'highly integrated PIM'

wow, with dongle and stuff. impressive. Very retro.
    (So let me get it straight, that dongle feature is more convinient than BT GPS or WiFi capability?)

oh not the official party line again:
    -we don't need no stinkin' WiFi until it can run 24hrs continuously.
    -who on earth use WiFi for convinient sake while on the move for 10-20 minutes. That's absurd. Who want to use WiFi hotspots like that? WiFi is for 5hrs straight movie streaming! Nobody use WiFi for checking email and browse the web while traveling.
    -Plus, who wants to create wifi connection with notebook or desktop? That is absolutely useless.

*yawn*
    Dude, Calm dowm! You are way too angry. You don't know me from a Adam in the first place. I work with PDAs every day and respect their capabilities but also understand that they have limitations. I have customers complain all the time that they have adaquet battery life for instance.

But more importantly you may want Wifi, I don't care if I have it, why get personal?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Suskind,

FYI 802.11b is 11Mbs over 2.5 GHz., 802.11g is 54 Mbs over 2.5 GHz with backword compatability to 11Mbs, and 802.11a is 54Mbs over 5 GHz. 11n is a pipe dream at this point.

Can you help me find a Wifi handheld that can talk on all 3 of the ratified standards? Even beter what about just 802.11a? What about WPA and 802.11i?

Please try not to fly off the handle. Let's get back to the subject.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Folks please don't quote Ska/Suskind/Seldom or whatever he/she calls its self now. I have them all on my Ingnore List and my viewing experience is SO much better. however when you quote this weenie I see the trash he writes and my "happy place" crashes. So for the sake of my "happy Place" PLEASE don't quote the weenie

Thanks!!!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Hengeem/Ska/Suskind/whatever your name is,

Talk is cheap....show me the money. When I win the bet, I will donate your portion to a charity/organization of treocentral community's choice.

Put up or shut up!
    I know it's been mentioned a few times, but I want to add another testimontial about the speculated date for the Treo 650.

I just spoke to a Sprint Sales Rep on the phone, and he said it's due in November. He seems very clueless on the phone so he had to look it up in his system. Blackberry is due out in December.

Take it for what it's worth... a rumor. But thought it's as good as it's gonna get for now. *sigh*
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Surely you folks all know that suskind is the infamous Ska, originally seen on PalmInfoCenter, I believe. This guy obviously has huge amounts of Microsoft stock as he spends all his time trolling Palm boards telling people how silly they are to be using Palm equipment. The fact that gobs of people love their Palm devices, the fact that they've tried the PPC variety and hated it, the fact that people continue to buy new Palm devices, means absolutely nothing.

You will not "win" an argument with this guy because as soon as you prove him wrong, he doesn't acknowledge it, he just moves to a different point (most likely also wrong). He challenges you to back up your statements then, when you do, he changes topics.

Don't feed this troll. It is a meaningless exercise. There is no logic going on behind the scenes here to which you can appeal. This is a pure fanatic who sees nothing but Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft.

pocketPC is for the unknowing masses, palm for the knowledgeable. they could make a svga 1ghz 1gb hi res 10 megapixel 3way switching 3months battery phone, but if it ruins on pocketPC, it would still be crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS

If he is a troll, why do you feed him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms
    pocketPC is for the unknowing masses, palm for the knowledgeable. they could make a svga 1ghz 1gb hi res 10 megapixel 3way switching 3months battery phone, but if it ruins on pocketPC, it would still be crap.
    The shrinking 43% and one last big company you mean? Wow, the knowledgeable sure is causing PalmOS to die rather quickly.

lemme ask you this: Palmie heads likes to scream "POS has hardware diversity", how about showing us the smartphone hardware diversity....

that would be one model against.... ehrr.... how many?

This is so much fun, like the titanic ship of fools hipping the unsinkable ship after that little thumping sound.
    is it possible to use 2 palm desktop on different computer and sync it on one treo600. im asking for possibility for my assistant to input stuff on her computer and me also inputing stuff on my desktop and sync it on my treo. this is for my assistant to input schedules and contacts for me but not in my computer. thank

P.s. if not is there a 3rd party software avilable
    suskind is a bore, at this point to be frank with you guys. I always laugh to myself when I read his efforts to tip the balance toward ms. his laughable predilections for his ms smartphones take you back to the days when purple x, y z and the wayward dozen were spewing garbage like the treo 600 will be a no show, will flop, and all that hot air.

all were DEAD WRONG. I consider suskind to be of the same "kind" as the purples..... desperate and soon to be proven wrong - AGAIN.

EV-DO will happen in 2005, folks. verizon has it NOW in dc and other special test areas. sprint will be onboard with evdo next year.
    the whole bit about no 3g carriers and the abundance of wifi spots is another lame attempt at "spinning". lol.
    soon enough, when evdo is out, there won't be a need at all for wifi spots or wifi at all. why? because you will be able to receive data at broadband speeds - are ya ready for this suskind - ANYWHERE YOU GO.

as I said before. I be ok without wifi until evdo arrives. it'll be just fine. and until then, suskind will still be pathetically trying to tell you that wifi is the way to go.
    its a laughable situation, but hey, we all need entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    What happened to your new, ummm, signature?

I had given it long and hard consideration and came up with the following mantra:

Hoooooray for Dalai Wood!!!!!!!!!!!

The admin here removed it cuz it was too big, But, don't worry she'll be back! Btw, anyone know a good free place to host a sig?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    that would be the most understatement of the year. Palmone won't be able to incorporate WIFi and has seamless wireless change up well until late next year. (ie. Palmone is ONE YEAR behind)
    Quote Originally Posted by nunzio
    WiFi is currently in transition to 802.11g/a and incorporating standards based security. I have yet to see a consumer PDA get this right yet. The benifits if WiFi on this devise today geven the true 3g is rolling out are minimal. PalmOne may be forced to incorporate it soon, and I believe it is possible, but I think the battery penalties and above make it less worth it then it would seem on the surface.

Actually, I have agree with Ska a bit here (ugh...unfortunately). One of the most interesting and sophisticated features of the h6315 is the seamless wireless switching between various wirless networks w/o user intervention. Also the h6315's battery life with wifi usage is quite decent, primarily b/c of large battery. I think if there is one pda phone that has gotten wifi integration right, it's probably the h6315. It's just too bad it's a huge fugly brick!

As far as the Treo, this kind of funtionality is not possible with out PalmOS Cobalt. In fact, Cobalt was specifically designed for use in such multiwireless deivces, and I doubt P1 will release a triwireless Treo with out it. My bet is we'll see the first tri-wireless Treo Cobalt devices some time in 2005 since typically pda-phones lag pda in specs about 6-9 months (Of course that's assuming P1 releases Cobalt devices this year...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions