Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 418
  1. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #241  
    with all the capital, resources, know-how, and overall spectrum of technologies at their disposal, you would think windows would be purely flawless.

    its amazing how vulnerable it is - even still after the sp2 updates! its very bizarre.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Sorry, been away for a while, but how do we know these tow things for a fact? I mean, they sound resonable, but I would still like to know!

    Anyway regarding the M-systems info... that would make sense imo. Recall that M-systems already joined the Palm OS Ready Program last year:

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5792

    This just confirms earlier rumors that the next Treo will probably incorporate non-volitile NAND Flash similar to other devices like the Sony Clie UX Series. Recall that the UX series has an unusual Ram configuration that automatically backs up the entire 16 MB of ram on 16 MB of file store so that you never lose you data in case of power failure. This is similar to the funtionality on alot of PPC as well. Thus the rumors indicating that the Ace may have 64 MB or Ram may simply mean that it has 32 MB of Ram and 32 MB of File Store or backup. IMO, this would be a logical and smart move on P1's part, b/c losing data on you phone when it goes dead is a really bad feature...

    only one word, gfunk.... WOW. simple, concise, and right to the point.
    she, my friends, is an olympic 10!!!

    thankyou, gfunk!
  3. #243  
    Is that ACE thingie out yet? HP is rumored to carry another WiFi/Xscale/CDMA phone.

    http://www.ipaqabilities.com/iaforum...opic.php?t=286

    boy by the time ACE is out, it'll look like last year fruitcake.
  4. #244  
    nope the ace isnt o ut yet but loads have people have been saying october so lets wait and see
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    only one word, gfunk.... WOW. simple, concise, and right to the point.
    she, my friends, is an olympic 10!!!

    thankyou, gfunk!
    I only come to this site to read the articles!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  6. #246  
    lol. boy these treo ace models are out of this world!
  7. #247  
    I have been observing lately that all the MSFT and Symbian handset players, especially the MSFT boys, can't wait to pre-announce their products many months ahead its availability. Moto is the worst offender. We heard about MPX100, MPX220, and MPX for at least six months, and none of them is available today. MPX100 will probably never make it, and MPX is most likely delayed till next year. That leaves MPX220 to be the only one likely to be available this year. On the other hand, palmone is keeping a tight lip on its next generation of phones, subsequently incrasing our hostility level.

    What does this all mean? Treo is the best phone out there, and everybody else is jealous
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    I have been observing lately that all the MSFT and Symbian handset players, especially the MSFT boys, can't wait to pre-announce their products many months ahead its availability. Moto is the worst offender. We heard about MPX100, MPX220, and MPX for at least six months, and none of them is available today. MPX100 will probably never make it, and MPX is most likely delayed till next year. That leaves MPX220 to be the only one likely to be available this year. On the other hand, palmone is keeping a tight lip on its next generation of phones, subsequently incrasing our hostility level.

    What does this all mean? Treo is the best phone out there, and everybody else is jealous

    Treo600 took some 8 months after the first rumor emerges, several months to show up in exibition after first picture, and then several months to hit the store after exebition.

    Microsoft C500 is already hitting europe, mpx220 will hit store august along with HP.

    You can buy the unlockedC500 here.
    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=SMARTPHONE_3

    You can buy engineering sample of MPX for around a grand-a grand two on ebay if you want to. Can you purchase any ACE yet?

    Wanna bet the MPX will come out first before ACE?
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    You can't buy the phone on this page because it's pre-order only. I suppose it might have been available when you posted the link, but I don't think this is very likely because the page says it is not released yet. Quote: 'Add your email address to the box on the left to receive updates on the release of this product... due for release in September'.

    Did you read the page?
    Last edited by MarkC; 08/19/2004 at 02:17 PM.
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    Treo600 took some 8 months after the first rumor emerges, several months to show up in exibition after first picture, and then several months to hit the store after exebition.

    Microsoft C500 is already hitting europe, mpx220 will hit store august along with HP.

    You can buy the unlockedC500 here.
    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=SMARTPHONE_3

    You can buy engineering sample of MPX for around a grand-a grand two on ebay if you want to. Can you purchase any ACE yet?

    Wanna bet the MPX will come out first before ACE?
    How much would you like to bet? And by the way, engineering samples do not count.
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    I've been looking at the specs (pdf) of this device. Compared to the Treo600, it has severely limited input options: no QWERTY keyboard and, as best I can tell, no touch-sensitive screen (so no handwriting recognition or on-screen keyboard). Personally I hate T9 and couldn't possibly conceive of using this device the way I use my T600 (lots of text entry, especially email and SMS). The SP3 is in some ways a quite attractive device and might be good for people who want to input data on using a desktop or laptop and sync this over to the phone to carry around, but the Treo is so much more than this and I don't really see the SP3 as a competitor to the T600 (or the rumoured ACE).
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    Treo600 took some 8 months after the first rumor emerges, several months to show up in exibition after first picture, and then several months to hit the store after exebition.

    Microsoft C500 is already hitting europe, mpx220 will hit store august along with HP.

    You can buy the unlockedC500 here.
    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=SMARTPHONE_3

    You can buy engineering sample of MPX for around a grand-a grand two on ebay if you want to. Can you purchase any ACE yet?

    Wanna bet the MPX will come out first before ACE?
    You can't be serious ...

    $1,000 or $1,200 when you can get a treo that works, TODAY, for $350 -- $450 through the carriers.

    Go take your love of MS to their boards and leave it there.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    Treo600 took some 8 months after the first rumor emerges, several months to show up in exibition after first picture, and then several months to hit the store after exebition.
    HUH? What you talking about Ska? The first Treo 600 rumors were in June 2003 when JH held the Treo in that famous pic when HS and Palm announced their merger. The Treo600 hit the market three and a half months later...
    You can buy engineering sample of MPX for around a grand-a grand two on ebay if you want to. Can you purchase any ACE yet?

    Wanna bet the MPX will come out first before ACE?
    I'll take that bet. I the Mpx won't be coming out before early 2005 I bet you while the Ace should be out by this Nov-Dec at the latest. Furthermore, the Ace should eventually roll out on all NA carriers like the 600 while the Mpx will may only be released on one carrier. Any, what I really want to know is when will the Daxian CU928 be released and it THAT will be released before the Ace...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #254  
    apparently its already here..
    http://www.brighthand.com/article/Ru...ming_to_Sprint
    oh wait thats according to what that said in April. hehe. middle of the year my asphalt.
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    apparently its already here..
    http://www.brighthand.com/article/Ru...ming_to_Sprint
    oh wait thats according to what that said in April. hehe. middle of the year my asphalt.
    They never say which year ... Or if it's a calendar or fiscal year ...

    With all these rumors of new cell phone/pda devices coming down the pike, all I have to say is ...

    It's better to have a treo in the hand than a MPX/C500/MPX100/220 in the bush.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    How much would you like to bet? And by the way, engineering samples do not count.

    nah... treo ace will come out and there will still be no sign of ms smartphones.
    theyve announced the mpx phones are coming, and you sit and wait nearly 2 years before anything ever shows up. vaporware at its finest example

    i think microsoft smartphones are the worst phones to lie and wait for. treo arrivals actually beat the pants off microsoft deadlines... not even in the same ballpark...

    if you want to hold out for the latest mpx phone, sit back and make yourself comfortable... because its gonna be a long time.
  17. #257  
    Where is Suskind? He wanted to bet me, and now he is nowhere to be found. Suskind, If you can't put your money where your month is, then I would advise you to remain silent.
  18. GIR
    GIR is offline
    GIR's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by aetherion
    Not sure if the manager knew what he was talking about, but I can confirm that that store gets stuff pretty quickly and is a big hype machine for PalmOne. Here's the link for the stores:
    http://www.palmone.com/us/products/w...palmOneretail/

    the Philly airport location is supposed to be the "flagship" store, so maybe the manager knows what he's talking about...or he might just be making an personal estimate.
    The guys there are pretty good. I was thru there arround a month ago, bought a pair of Shure headphones while waiting for my flight and asked about the 600 on Verizon (wasn't out at the time). He nailed the fact that it was indeed comming soon, which it did, where anyone I asked at Verizon Wireless had no idea. Didn't come across as a bunch of guys to spread rumor without some proof.
    Peter - "oh my god, its better then i tought, an audi, im getting a car!"
    Brian - "uh peter. theres a 't' there, that says audit"
    Peter - "no brian, its a foriegn car, the 't' is silent, SWEET, im getting an audi"
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Where is Suskind? He wanted to bet me, and now he is nowhere to be found. Suskind, If you can't put your money where your month is, then I would advise you to remain silent.
    How about I'll shut up about ACE if it is out before MPX? I bet plenty of die hard palmie will consider that an interesting bet.

    That would mean one can buy from carrier and delivered to his door before new year eve.
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    nah... treo ace will come out and there will still be no sign of ms smartphones.
    theyve announced the mpx phones are coming, and you sit and wait nearly 2 years before anything ever shows up. vaporware at its finest example
    Didn't I just post a link where one can purchase C500?

Posting Permissions