Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    well i was under the impression that dalai lama had a little more clout in this community and his attesting to my credibility would be far more convincing to those guys who doubted me than for me to simply say i wasn't lying (which i did and got insulted for).

and for the record, what i said before was fact, not rumormill.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Spacehog...

For the record, there are people out here, like myself, who don't mind at all your coming on with your "information" -- as unfounded as it might be. I think the rumour mill is a hoot and keeps a bunch of people coming back here. Nobody is obliged to believe it or even read it.

However, I truly, truly don't understand this business about Dalai Lama somehow "verifying" your identity. I'm supposed to believe unknown person "A" a lot more now that unknown person "B" has vouched for them? Huh?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I am curious as to what exactly he did to validate himself. Did he show you a pictue or email or what? What do you think he is not lying about? The whole thing, including having the new model or just not being the same as the other guy. Please eloborate what you can.

Thanks
    Lonzo
    I am honored that at least someone thinks highly of me; how I achieved that status, I'll never know. My last word on this: I do not think spacehog is a liar. I have no reason to lie for him. Enough of this, already!
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    I am honored that at least someone thinks highly of me; how I achieved that status, I'll never know. My last word on this: I do not think spacehog is a liar. I have no reason to lie for him. Enough of this, already!
    Good enough for me. By the way, if anyone believes any of my previous post, I have a bridge that I would like to sell you.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    In the end, I guess we haven't accomplished much, have we? Look through my posts, and you will see that I have been here a while and that I have no connection to Mr. 'Hog. I really can't rephrase anything without going back on my word, so I'll repeat, "I don't think he is a liar." Could he be conning me (and therefore you)? Maybe, but "I don't think he is a liar." We will all see in October or thereabouts, won't we?

Frankly, I am saddened by this episode. I got on my high horse (mountain? temple? lotus bush?) smelling a scam, and I just love busting scams, like Postman's eBay trash. Spreading rumors is probably harmless, and backing someone into a corner as we have with spacehog, can result in trouble for one party or another. I really have to go back to what I said way up the thread: If you can't or won't substantiate it, think twice before posting it. Everyone will be happier, I think....
    Sure you have. Now you have more information than we do and obviously it is good information but you can't share it with us.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    guys, leave it alone. the only information he has that you dont is proof that im not a liar. he doesnt know any more about the new treo than you guys do (at least not from info he got from me). if you had the chance to read my previous posts, then you're one of the lucky few to know a bit about the new treo. if you didn't, well you're better off for it cause now you have somewhat of a surprise to look forward to...
    But since it is very apparent that the validity of a poster is tantamount to the reliability of the information they post (at least where new Treo rumors are concerned) I would contend that Dalia Lama does have an advantage because he knows where you're coming from.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i am wondering if Treo Ace is just all bull. i could photoshop these pics of the treo ace and the grimy treo ace box in about a day if i for some twisted reason were so inclined so its not impossible that its all just a buncha crap .. unless of course someones friends, brothers, cousins, uncle's, dogs, fleas' , college buddy knows something i dont. i dont wanna read 12 pages of posts to find out that Rasputin girlfriend knows a guy thats in the knows...
    As a recent lurker, I registered just to ask this - any chance anyone remembers and is willing to recall what specific info Spacehog shared? I do think he said October and 32mb memory...that's about all I recall. Any other info appreciated. Apology to spacehog if this question is offensive.
    spacehog editing his earlier posts...again, very questionable that he cannot stand by what he said (to be proven right or wrong).

even more disappointing is Lama not saying why he believes him. you can't say "i will say no more". that just invites more crap.

"he showed visual proof", or "he wrote a compelling email" would at least st
    Quote Originally Posted by headshot
    So here is what I know as Facts:
    a. There is a new model in production as we speak and it is based on the 600.
    b. M-Systems definitely have something to do with it since there were several M-Systems people in PalmOne offices in the last months

Thatís all I know for now.

HS.

Sorry, been away for a while, but how do we know these tow things for a fact? I mean, they sound resonable, but I would still like to know!

Anyway regarding the M-systems info... that would make sense imo. Recall that M-systems already joined the Palm OS Ready Program last year:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5792

This just confirms earlier rumors that the next Treo will probably incorporate non-volitile NAND Flash similar to other devices like the Sony Clie UX Series. Recall that the UX series has an unusual Ram configuration that automatically backs up the entire 16 MB of ram on 16 MB of file store so that you never lose you data in case of power failure. This is similar to the funtionality on alot of PPC as well. Thus the rumors indicating that the Ace may have 64 MB or Ram may simply mean that it has 32 MB of Ram and 32 MB of File Store or backup. IMO, this would be a logical and smart move on P1's part, b/c losing data on you phone when it goes dead is a really bad feature...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    and for the record, what i said before was fact, not rumormill.
    This is a bizarre assertion. I'm surprised that you don't realize that a statement has the capacity to be both fact and rumour at the same time, just not to the same person.
    Well Palm has a Treo 600 promotion that lasts until Aug 26th, I beat sometime after that like Sept.
    Gfunkmagic - how did you get a picture of my wife ???
    Quote Originally Posted by chris05
    Gfunkmagic - how did you get a picture of my wife ???
    ol' girl has no hips. and the lil moley moley moley on her stomach need to go.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    you wouldnt kick her outta bed for eatin crackers...
    GFunkMagic, thats the most intelligent post we've seen on this Board in a long time. You are a credit to the race... keep up the "commentary".
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    you wouldnt kick her outta bed for eatin crackers...
    "crackers"...that's a cute nickname
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    good. windows is just loophole after loophole, vulnerability after vulnerability, flaw after flaw. full of potentially compromising weaknesses.

ya know, for a supergiant powerhouse of a company, microsoft does not make its windows of caliber you would expect!

linux - good. maybe we can expect secure software in the device now.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    IIRC, he said it would be Treo650, 32 megs, 320x320, Late October to early November