Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Talked to a Sprint guy today that seemed to be some sort of manager - it's probably total BS, but fwiw:

me:
    "Any word on the next generation Treo?"

him:
    "Only our major business customers have it right now. It will be released to the general public in the next three to four months."
    hehehe...if it quacks like a duck...
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    To quote myself:

== Who gives a ****!?

No kidding.

The posts, not posters, are the important thing.

If ALL the posts on this board are written by miradu as a supreme facade, who cares!?

If someone scores brownie points using 500 IDs or if someone simply is an irritation using 500 IDs, who cares?

No kidding whatsoever.
    However, we do know that SV is the same person as Hengeem on the Palmone Yahoo Finance board. He has been predicting the demise and shorting the stock of palmone since it was trading at $10. Don't take him seriously....he is an ex-employee of Handspring, and probably didn't depart on good terms. He is a laughing stock over there at the Yahoo board, and he is a laughing stock here as well.
    Major business customers? Indicator said he was a major business customer and that is how he knew of the new version. I still think they are talking the version that is sans camera...
    So I am right in that some of these posters are here to disrupt Palm1 business because they are shorting the stock! Now who wishes to apologize to me for ripping me for predicting that was the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    So I am right in that some of these posters are here to disrupt Palm1 business because they are shorting the stock! Now who wishes to apologize to me for ripping me for predicting that was the case?
    You should be happy you do not invest in stock based on message board content since you so easily swallowed a real lie as fact.

Wow.

The supremely gullible are everywhere.
    I spoke with a buddy of mine this weekend. He is a regional sales manager for Sprint (Won't specify region for his privacy)

I was talking to him about the "Rumors" on this site about a NEW Treo coming in Fall 2004, and he related to me that he was told by Corporate that the "NEW" Treo coming soon will be a WINDOWS BASED smartphone.

I pressed the issue to get the facts right, "Are you sure it's a TREO??"

He was positive. He didn't give me any details of the features, but he did say it would not be a Palm Based product.

Just relaying this tid-bit of info to everyone on the board.

My buddy is a reliable source, he has provided reliable info in the past.

Personally, I don't think we'll know for sure until Sprint unveils the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by JsanchezCPA
    I was talking to him about the "Rumors" on this site about a NEW Treo coming in Fall 2004, and he related to me that he was told by Corporate that the "NEW" Treo coming soon will be a WINDOWS BASED smartphone..
    Um, PalmOne releasing a TREO with windows on it? How come I don't see this happening?
    Just talked to a buddy of mine at Microsoft -- can't tell you which division but let's just say he's *very* well connected. He told me that Longhorn is actually going to be Linux based. I pressed him for more info but all he was tell me was that the next generation would definitely NOT be windows-based.
    Jeff Hawkins is my ninth cousin. While at a family BBQ over the weekend, I asked him about the upcoming family of Treos. He opened up his brief case and showed me the engineering samples of all five new models to be released by the end of August 2004!!! I was able to take some pictures, but cousin Jeff insisted that I don’t share it with anyone…..sorryL After all, family comes first.

However, cousin Jeff was kind enough to share with me the technical specs of all five models, and here they are:

1, Treo ACE, PalmOS Cobalt, 128mb RAM, Intel 624mhz chip, OLED hi-res screen, BT, 802.11g, and 24 hour talking time, 3G and Wimax ready.
    2, Treo Deuce, PalmOS Garnett, 64mb RAM, Intel 312mhz chip, hi-res screen, BT, and removable battery. Price before carrier subsidy, $99.00.
    3, Treo Tre, Windows Mobile Smartphone, 128mb RAM, Intel 312mhz chip, hi-res screen, BT, and removable battery. Price before carrier subsidy, $139.00.
    4, Treo Quad, Windows Pocket PC, 256mb RAM, Intel 624mhz chip, OLED hi-res screen, BT, 802.11g, and 12 hour talking time, 3G and Wimax ready.
    5, Treo Penta, Symbian OS, 256mb RAM, TI OMAP 500 Mhz chip, OLED hi-res screen, BT, 802.11g, and 12 hour talking time, 3G and Wimax ready.

Cousin Jeff also mentioned something about a Linux-based treo in development, but he didn’t have any engineering sample with him at the family BBQ. I am sure that cousin Jeff is under some kind of NDA with palmOne but I figure who in the right mind would fire cousin Jeff. Plus it’s not like he is counting on those palmOne paychecks to feed his kids.

Take this information for whatever it is worth. I have more than 50 posts on this forum so you guys know that I am legit. And I have been to Tibet and India before, so you know that I am tight with the Dalai Lama.

The decision has gotten really difficult for me now. Not only do I have to decide whether I should upgrade, I now have to decide which model! Life is full of decisions and choices…..
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    That company has lied to public more often than you care to know. Where is the 'public goodness outrage then'?
    I'm not exactly sure what lies you're talking about, but, I do know that this whole uproar over the outting of a possible Treo 600 replacement will be nothing compared to other "changes" they will be making in the near future. Let it suffice to say that using absolutes is always a bad idea when it comes to naming componets in your products...

And, after all, they're just smart phones / PDA's!
    ----------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl

Handheld Evangelist
    Sprint Treo 600

From The Mind of Mike...
    Spacehog has convinced me that he is not a liar. I have promised to say no more.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Spacehog has convinced me that he is not a liar. I have promised to say no more.
    OMG!! After all that ranting about the dude and all you give us is "you promised not to say more."
    Total traitor! Your one of THEM!!!!
    actually hes not. he's actually quite a decent guy whos stuck to his promise. if you dont believe me, believe him.

i told him this and will tell you guys: i will no longer post any information at all concerning the upcoming treo, however i will remain active on these boards under this pseudonym because i believe there is a lot of useful information regarding current models and solutions to problems which i find particularly interesting shared on these boards. i apologize if ive caused anyone any anger/frustration by what i shared earlier, rest assured it will never happen again. thanks.

edit: i went ahead and removed some previous posts pertaining to stuff i shouldnt have said. so if you notice posts missing, thats intentional.
    Last edited by spacehog; 08/16/2004 at 01:32 PM.
    OLED?...isnt that when the colours are inverted...ie like the LG 5550 and all of the new Motorola Vxxx's?
    Spacehog...

For the record, there are people out here, like myself, who don't mind at all your coming on with your "information" -- as unfounded as it might be. I think the rumour mill is a hoot and keeps a bunch of people coming back here. Nobody is obliged to believe it or even read it.

However, I truly, truly don't understand this business about Dalai Lama somehow "verifying" your identity. I'm supposed to believe unknown person "A" a lot more now that unknown person "B" has vouched for them? Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    However, I truly, truly don't understand this business about Dalai Lama somehow "verifying" your identity. I'm supposed to believe unknown person "A" a lot more now that unknown person "B" has vouched for them? Huh?
    What he said.
    Will it help if unknown person "C" vouches for unknown person "A" and unknown person "B" even if unknown person "C" is unknown to both? If so, then I, unknown person "C" vouch for both unknown persons "A" & "B".

I couldn't resist
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    OK- i am a major business customer of Sprint's... a week or so ago, i posed this question and they said that there's no new treo in the works... however Sprint does have a killer phone coming in the fall that does GSM/CDMA, great for those of us who travel to europe. I have also spoken to P1 reps and they say that the turn around for something like this is about 18 months (which is normal) and that the earliest anything could come out that isn't a slight hardware/software revision (such as the newly branded P1 treos and the Verizon treo) is Q1/Q2 2005. so all this rumor mill stuff is just that... rumor mill...
    In the end, I guess we haven't accomplished much, have we? Look through my posts, and you will see that I have been here a while and that I have no connection to Mr. 'Hog. I really can't rephrase anything without going back on my word, so I'll repeat, "I don't think he is a liar." Could he be conning me (and therefore you)? Maybe, but "I don't think he is a liar." We will all see in October or thereabouts, won't we?

Frankly, I am saddened by this episode. I got on my high horse (mountain? temple? lotus bush?) smelling a scam, and I just love busting scams, like Postman's eBay trash. Spreading rumors is probably harmless, and backing someone into a corner as we have with spacehog, can result in trouble for one party or another. I really have to go back to what I said way up the thread: If you can't or won't substantiate it, think twice before posting it. Everyone will be happier, I think....
    http://www.doctordalai.com
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast