Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lately I've noticed Snapper Mail has become very slow when it sends/receives new mail. Is it a Snapper issue or my ISP? Sometimes it takes a few minutes to download three or four messages. The status screen just says "connecting" and I wait and wait. Eventually, it gets my mail but it's a pain waiting so long. I even notice the data connection arrows on my Treo go from dark green to light green two or three times while Snapper says "connecting."

I'm using the latest release (non-beta.) I beleive it's 1.94

Any thoughts?
    i've noticed this with the latest beta release.....actually with all of the beta releases. i've actually had to cancel the auto-fetch a couple times a day. this is very annoying.
    Same happens with the old version of Snapper - "connecting" sometimes is real quick, sometimes takes 30 to 60+ seconds. Is it Snapper, the network, or the POP3 provider?
    Just curious, what company is doing your email?
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1
    Just curious, what company is doing your email?
    mine fetches road runner and sprint
    I've seen this when retrieving mail outside my normal area. I don't know if that should make any diff but it seems to.
    Road Below

IHS
    I check two accounts... one from my university and one a small linux box I set up. I get "connecting" for a LONG time w/ the box I setup and NONE with the university one. Therefore I must assume the delay results from server configuration or bandwidth.
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    I was just curious. I was getting mail from work and Earthlink. The work mail was quick, even though it was secure. Earthlink was a dog. I finally opened a Fastmail account and forward to that. Now, everything is very quick.
    If you're using IMAP, why not try Chatter as a test and compare? If you're interested in testing one of the newer "test versions", send me an email. chat@xsmail.com
    Those of you with really slow connections; are you using GPRS by any chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    Those of you with really slow connections; are you using GPRS by any chance?
    no
    yes, its terribly slow. im using cdma sprintpcs with a pop account - yahoo.

there are times when i will press send / receive and proceed to sit for several minutes before (authorizing ) begins.

is it the server issue as was said above?
    or a software problem?
    Ive started having the same problem. It seems like its just been over the past week. I check school and earthlink with a sprint phone
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14.    #14  
    1. I'm using Optimum Online as my ISP (e-mail account.)

2. No GPRS, it's a Sprint unit.

3. I'm not using IMAP.
    It is so frustrating

Takes over 3-4 minutes to connect if it does. Have had this problem since the firmware upgrade. Before it was only like 10 seconds. I had the older version of snappermail and now the 2.0 upgrade . Still a problem.

I can get the internet fast , use PALm VNC & Palm Video Camera progeam so its not a Sprint connection thing.

I am also using Optonline & Sprint just to let everyone know specifics.

It is so frustrating. Feel like I am using my old Prism with the Sprint Digital Link which was very slow .
  16.    #16  
    Has anyone tried Eudora for mail?

Is it faster?
    I've tried eudora and agendus. I gave them a fair shot. Snapper was as fast(halfast) or faster and I liked it better.
    Road Below

IHS
    I have the exact problem as well.... also Sprint.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I can barley get email. Has to be a snapper mail thing as every other program that deals with the internet works fast. Im ready to give up on snapermail .
    So has anyone found out the problem, same here (sprint) this is really frustrating and annoying, i agree! Snappermail is really slow, someone, is there a fix?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast