Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. dhl
    I'm in SF and have been having this problem for a while too. I'm in the Mission/Potrero area. I'm using an unbranded GSM 600 with latest firmware on the T-Mobile network. It's a major PITA! Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Any help/info on a solution much appreciated!
    I noticed the last message on this subject was dated 12/04, so I hope I'm not too late.
    I have the same problem in that when a "voice menu" tells me to "Press 1 for English" etc., the TREO 600 hangs up! I am on Sprint and they claim to never have heard of this problem. I took the phone into the Sprint store and the Tech guy wouldn't come out of the back room to talk to me!

Anyway, I found a workaround: try using a headphone/mic. Pressing a number using the speakerphone or regular phone hangs it up, but the headphone/mic accepts my input. Hope this helps.
    I'm in the Bay Area as well. I have the problem in Menlo Park but not in the east bay where I live. I'll be in SF this weekend and we'll see... I don't recall having this problem last time I was in the city. That was down by the Moscone Center. I'm on on T-Mo BTW.

Wierd.
    I have the same problem. Especially when calling Delta Skymiles...Until I read this thread, I thought it was Delta problem. I am in Atlanta area and have Treo600+Unlocked Cingular
    Last edited by jrd; 02/27/2005 at 06:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Had the same problem last week between Houston and Austin and the problem still exists at my home location. What gives???

Lou
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    A friend of mine is having the same problem on Cingular in Atlanta.
    Treo 600, locked, firmware 3.05, software 1.12-CNG, hardware B.

I've searched and have not seen any answers...but this thread describes the problem perfectly...his calls get choppy when dialing extra digits in voicemail. After a while it gets so choppy that the call disconnects.

Did the person who got a ticket started with P1 get any answer?
    Last edited by nelson1; 03/25/2005 at 07:48 PM.
    I joined TreoCentral just in hopes of getting a solution to this problem. Every time I use dial extra digits, I get choppy service and usually it disconnects and then hangs for a minute or two. This happens to me in Atlanta and San Diego. If anyone has any answers, I would sure like to know.
    I can not understand why there has not been a fix for this problem I am on cincinnati bell network and I have the same thing happen to me. If I have to buy a 650 ok but I would like to know that I will not have it with the 650.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by appliancemedic
    I can not understand why there has not been a fix for this problem I am on cincinnati bell network and I have the same thing happen to me. If I have to buy a 650 ok but I would like to know that I will not have it with the 650.
    You know, I fully agree. I don't understand how this issue never made it to the top of the bug fix list.
    I have never experienced this on my Treo 650 since I got it in Feb. I can put my SIM in my 600 and make this problem happen easily on the tower near my work. Then switch the SIM over to the 650 and not experience this bug in the same exact location.
    However, I will sometimes experience this thing where the phone simply goes off to the twilight zone for about 60-120 seconds after I hang up the call. This would happen on the 600 after this call break up thing. The 650 I don't get the call break up/choppiness, but (rarely) I will get this 'freezing up.' But again it's really rare and I wouldn't avoid the 650 for this reason. I don't know if the issues are related, but they always seem to have been losely connected. Come to think of it I haven't had this happen since I updated my firmware to the 'leaked beta' 1.21.... coincidence? or is this second issue fixed? Time will tell.

So yes, getting a 650 will solve the problem.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Thanks for the imforation now I just might look into a 650. I have been looking just hope the price would go done some. Because with my carrier Cincinnati Bell they don't carry it and I have to get a unlock unit .
    This problem has completely disappeared for me since upgrading to a 650. I'm sure that in Palm's eyes, they've solved the problem.

The 650 is a much greater improvement over the 600 in many ways. It really irks me, though, that so many of the improvements are in software, or in features that could have easily been implemented in the 600 through firmware updates. I know this is how the industry works, but just once I'd love to see support and r & d continued for an older product even after a new model is introduced.

My first generation 10 gb Ipod still works great.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by appliancemedic
    Thanks for the imforation now I just might look into a 650. I have been looking just hope the price would go done some. Because with my carrier Cincinnati Bell they don't carry it and I have to get a unlock unit .
    Well it's a LITTLE cheaper here ($40 less
    http://www.compuplus.com/i/TELEPHONE...chViewed&t=650
    That's Comp-U-Plus, $660 for the for the unlocked.
    And I buy from this company all of the time, I highly recommend them.
    Or if you want to pay MORE for it than PalmOne is selling it for, it's $730 at Costco. I still don't know what that's about

Search froogle.com I find them as low as $630.
    It looks like $550 from this place http://www.quicksmartphone.com/ but I have never shopped with them. They also advertise on Ebay (Just search ebay for "Treo 650 unlocked new".)
    Last edited by taylorh; 05/14/2005 at 01:32 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I found this post, and decided to sign up to see if there are any new solutions out there. Here's my story.

Had my Treo (unlocked, unbranded, newest firmware) since Feb 2005 with Fido in Canada (1900mhz)

No issues until May 2005 (Fido was taken over by Rogers, and they switched the towers they use to rogers' around this time 850mhz & 1900mhz)

I use:
    ChatterEmail
    Butler
    Agendus 9
    (mostly)

Anyways, I've been having the same problem. After dialing any digits during a call, the call seems to break up into little bits. I pretty much have to hang up because talking or listening for that matter is nearly impossible. If I try to dial another number right away, the Treo will freeze up for 30sec-1min. I've programmed my voicemail button to automatically dial my password, and that has gotten me better luck (I only have the problem about 1 in 10 times with it auto-dialing the password). After that, however, it's touch and go. As I listen to my messages, saving or deleting, often punching a number will cause it to cut out again. I have found that dialing on the onscreen pad gives me better results than using the keys. Whether that's true or just what it seems is another thing.

Don't think it has anything to do with software, but maybe it does. Thought I'd list some apps to see if there is some pattern.

Maybe has something to do with the 850mhz?

::
    I already had 1.12, but I just tried reinstalling it

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=40031

Still gives me grief.

Quote Originally Posted by emocean
    No issues until May 2005 (Fido was taken over by Rogers, and they switched the towers they use to rogers' around this time 850mhz & 1900mhz)
    I've been having the same problem. I didn't realize that it was due to dialing digits during a call; I just knew it happened mostly when accessing voicemail. Only began recently (maybe because of the Rogers/Fido integration) and for me happens especially when in certain cells.

Thanks for the tip on autodialing the password.

I think it is still a fault in the firmware. Version 1.12 was supposed to fix this, but somehow I think Rogers has f*ed it up.

If I find any more info, I will try to post it here.
    Total pain in the *** for calling anywhere with a menu that you have to dial through. I hope that when I finally do get to talk to the person on the other end, that I'll be able to still hear them.

grrrrrrr any real solutions?

17.    #37  
    Hey, I noticed this at the Cingular Forums:
    http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...essage.id=2593
    However I'm not aware of any new updates for the 600 that fix this.
    So it may be anything to get excited about.
    "End users of the Treo 600 may experience garbled or broken audio while operating various computerized voice recognition systems, which include ? telephone banking, voice mail, and other operations that require use of DTMF. Updated software to correct this issue can be downloaded directly from PalmOne."
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12