Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.
    I finally bought the THB Car Kit (I have a Sprint T600, but assume this will work, since I have run the 1.20 Updater). Installation instructions are a bit slim (mostly cartoons), and the THB office in the U.S has its phone disconnected (a bad sign). Anyone have a more detailed user manual?
    thanks,
    amell
    Try this guy.
    I had a couple of problems with the Kit but Alan from THB has the answers.
    You might also have trouble receiving calls like I did. There is now a patch from him.

Alan Jarvis
    THB USA
    National Service Manager
    3211 Ponce De Leon Blvd. #101
    Coral Gables, FL. 33134
    Tel: 1-786-271-2501
    Fax: 1-305-443-0208
    alan.jarvis@thb-usa.com
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I did finally reach him - he was very helpful. Is the patch for all phones? (I have have Sprint)
    Yes the patch is for Sprint. Don't know if there are any problems with other carriers.
    Alan Jarvis is one of the most informative, helpful people I have ever met. He has helped me work through a few problems and now the THB Car Kit is awesome! I have the CarTalk DSP, w/ signal amplifier. Without question, it's better than any factory installed system I've ever had.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I agree - Jarvis is great. I have a minor question. Does anyone know where I can get a couple of extra rubber stoppers that cover the antenna connector. This has to be removed to put the phone in the cradle, and I know I will lose the one I have - it's prob not necessary to have this covered, but I'd like a few extras nonetheless. I got the runaround from PalmOne - sales sent me to support and support was UNsupportive...
    thanks,
    amell
    P.S what's the smaller stopper at thebase of the antenna covering - another connector?
    Slight tangent... I just received my THB kit today, and one problem I discovered is that whenever I eject my Treo, my Sandisk SD Card hits the top of the cradle enough to trigger the spring eject. I'm thinking maybe my SD card is a millimeter too long, and maybe there's another brand that will clear without hitting. Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated!
    Nope... the only solution is to file the Sandisk SD Card down. See this thread- http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...t=file+sd+card
    I filed my Sandisk SD with no problems - just use an emory board. Completely cured the THB car kit problem (at least that problem - there are still plenty of other THB problems) The thread above is a little more detailed than needed. Just file it down til you are even with the indent on the card.