1.    #1  
    Went to my local CompUSA today during lunch, hoping to purchase the 600 for $299. I explained to the sales rep that I already had an account but wanted to ad a new line to my existing account. He said no-go. The $299 was only good for new accounts. I don't understand as Sprint will give me an instant $150 rebate on the 600 when I buy in their store even if I'm just adding a new line to my existing account. Why would CompUSA be any different? Also, I was very disappointed in CompUSA and remembered why I never buy anything there. None of the sales folks seemed to know anything and on the most part seemed to be very rude, like why was I even bothering them. Well since I refuse to pay $449 for a 600, I guess I'll just stay with my old 300 (and perhaps hope it breaks pretty soon).
    It's because you are a WolpackFan.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Call a Sprint CSR. Tell them the situation, and ask them if that line can be added to your account after activation. It is my understanding that they have the option to choose if it is a new line, or a new subscriber, when setting up the phone.

Lonzo
    I am in the same boat. I've had my Treo 300 for almost 2 years, so I'll get $150 back from Sprint when I upgrade. I bought my Treo 300 from MicroCenter and got the Warrantech extended warranty. I have the cracked flip, so I called Warrantech and got a check for $350.

When I called CompUSA yesterday, they told me the same thing - that it's only for new accounts. The price breakdown is:
    $599 for phone
    -$50 Instant discount
    -$100 CompUSA new Sprint account rebate
    -$150 Sprint rebate.

I think that I can probably call Sprint and get the $150 back from them. I wonder if you can get the instant $50 off no matter what? If so, I may just get the 600 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WFTarHeel
    It's because you are a WolpackFan.
    That's absolutely the real reason!

Seriously though, CompUSA doesn't get the revenue stream on an add-a-phone that they do on new accounts -- they make maybe $20 total plus the thin mark-up on the Treo. Go to Sprint and you'll get a better price as they aren't driven by the revenue share like CompUSA. The Sprint Treo 600 was in USA Today last week (give or take a few days I think) for $349. It's not $299, but it's not $499 either.
    ----------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl

Handheld Evangelist
    Sprint Treo 600

From The Mind of Mike...
    I paid $329 for mine through verizon Think I got a decent deal!
    Anyone know if I bring the CompUSA ad to a Sprint store will they try and "price Match" (or come close) for a new account? Do the stores have any ability to "deal" when there is a competitor who has a much lower price?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    Anyone know if I bring the CompUSA ad to a Sprint store will they try and "price Match" (or come close) for a new account? Do the stores have any ability to "deal" when there is a competitor who has a much lower price?
    I did this when I purchased mine. At the time, CompUSA had the Treo for $399 and Sprint had it for $449 so they did a price match for me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I got mine from Verizon for $319!!!
    [QUOTE=TerpFan]That's absolutely the real reason!
    QUOTE]

My two cents: The best basketball game I've seen in a long time, I had the opportunity to watch live in Charlotte two years ago... Some Five Ft nothing kid named Archie Miller and another No-Way NBA guy named Anthony Grundy kept the Terps from playing Duke in the finals of the ACC Tourney...

(I mean, the game didn't mean that much, as five weeks later those Terps won the NCAA Championship, but it was good to hold over all my Terp friends for a month)
    Shoot..I paid $700 and something for my first Treo 600 (about 3 moths ago) and are now paying $600 +/- to replace the first one which was in an accident.

You people are sooo LUCKY!
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the idea about price matching. I've printed off the ad with the $299 price from the CompUSA website and plan to go to my Sprint store at lunch today. Hopefully I'll be saying bye-bye to my old 300 this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Thanks for the idea about price matching. I've printed off the ad with the $299 price from the CompUSA website and plan to go to my Sprint store at lunch today. Hopefully I'll be saying bye-bye to my old 300 this afternoon.
    Lets us know if you are successful in getting the Sprint store to reduce their price to match, or come close, to the price at CompUSA. Note: the CompUSA offer includes an accessory pack which is probably worth about $25
  14.    #14  
    Success!! I took the CompUSA ad ($299 for Treo 600) to my local Sprint store and they honored it completely, no questions asked. In fact, it was better than buying at CompUSA as Sprint just gave me a store managers discount to bring the price down to $299. So I don't have to mess with any rebates at all. Also, they allowed this price for adding a line to my existing account. I've got my new 600 charging now. Just have to get everything moved over from my 300 and I'll be all set. I tell you sitting next to my 300, the 600 sure makes the 300 look ancient.
    Thanks for the info!... I will be heading to the Sprint store here in Atlanta tomorrow and get one also (as long as they price match like they did at the store Wolfpack fan went to)......