1.    #1  
    I've been a Palm user for a while....

way back when - AOL released a beta AOL IM chat .prc for the palm - it was free..

I still have it, and it works fine on my treo.

My question -

is there any benefit to using one of the newer chat programs that cost money?

I only use AOL IM... not any of the others...

just curious.
  2. jjd
    I use verichat. the big advantage, as I see it is that you can remain logged into AIM even when you are using other applications, or even when the treo is off.

This works because verichat has a proxy server that stays logged in on your behalf. If a message arrives for you when the treo is off, the proxy server sends you a specially formatted SMS that the resident portion of the verichat client displays to you as an IM. Very useful.

Another advantage of verichat (that I don't use) is that you can also use Yahoo or MSN.

--Jim--
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    The HUGE disadvantage of Verichat is that only people on your buddy list can IM you. Hopefully they fix this soon so I can use the program.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    It's not a disadvantage for me as I don't want people sending me an im if they are not on me list. I have recieved an im from someone not on my buddylist send me an im. I don't know how it got through.
    me too - i need people not on my buddy list to be able to im me. word on if/when this is coming to Verichat?
    last i heard - mid-august