1.    #1  
    I downloaded pdanet to use to use the Treo 600 as a wireless modem for my laptop. However, the pc I synch with is a desktop at work, and the laptop I need to connect through the Treo is a laptop. I installed pdanet on my work desktop so that I could install the Treo component on the treo, and then deleted the program from my desktop, since I have no need for it there.

How do I install just the modem driver on the laptop? Do I install pdanet on the laptop as well, even though I don't have hotsynch installed there? Can I download just the modem driver somewhere?

I use Win XP Pro on the laptop.

Thanks.
    I installed PDANet on my desktop and synched with my Treo. Then I installed PDANet on my laptop, but never synched. The app worked fine on the laptop. The key is to have the executable file on the PC you are using. From my experience, it appears that once the PDANet .pdb app is on the Treo, it will work with any desktop.laptop with the executable running, regardless of whether there is a Palm Desktop or equivalent installed.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    I installed PDANet on my desktop and synched with my Treo. Then I installed PDANet on my laptop, but never synched. The app worked fine on the laptop. The key is to have the executable file on the PC you are using. From my experience, it appears that once the PDANet .pdb app is on the Treo, it will work with any desktop.laptop with the executable running, regardless of whether there is a Palm Desktop or equivalent installed.

Thanks, Shopharim. I'll try that.
    YW. Hope it works out for you